General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Best gift for your wife or girlfriend

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 07:05 AM
Greg 79 f150
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best gift for your wife or girlfriend

that does not have one already ??? , a CELLPHONE , one that will be used with restraint to limit high phone bills. I just watched the local news and 10 miles over from us on the interstate this a.m. , they found a young lady crawling across the interstate. She and her lady pal broke down on the interstate, and a short time after, a 50 something year old male, a REAL NICE man the passenger said , stopped and gave the driver a lift to a service station. Found beaten and molested, the driver was retrieved from the highway later, crawling to get help.

LADIES, when driving always take your cell phone with you, and if you break down, do not unlock your doors, or roll down your window for anyone you dont know. Use your cell to call a friend, or the police, to get help, whichever will be the fastest. DONT get out of your car and try to flag down help. If someone you dont know walks up to your car, just hold up your cell phone ( or your 9mm ) and point to it , and give the the ok sign. If they are good people , they know that you have help on the way, if they are bad people, they know the same thing, you have 911 or a equalizer , at your fingertips. Its so sad today but a fact of life, not ALL people are good, and you dont know who is and who isn't, until its too late. Don't be a victim for these predators, PLEASE !. My rant for the month, and all jmo

Old 06-24-2004, 07:08 AM
emboyd
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, it's difficult to trust even the good Samaritan these days. My wife and I have gone to a single income since our first child is due anyday now. So, we've been looking at the budget to see what we can trim. I had briefly considered taking her Cell Phone, but remembered circumstances like you mentioned. I'll find something else to trim from the budget.

Old 06-24-2004, 08:34 AM
Greg 79 f150
Postmaster
It gives me a lot of peace of mind knowing my wife has hers with her when she is out driving. And she knows what to do when broke down somewhere,

Old 06-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
My chevy girlfriend really wants a '03 Maurader. I think she's beginning to convert.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Greg 79 f150
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Bruin52
My chevy girlfriend really wants a '03 Maurader. I think she's beginning to convert.

Hopefully, you have mistakenly put this reply in the wrong thread, if not please re-read the original thread and its content. thanks, Greg

Old 06-24-2004, 10:07 AM
buzzard
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Greg 79 f150
It gives me a lot of peace of mind knowing my wife has hers with her when she is out driving.
So the million dollar question is, are we safer or not as safe with all these women (anybody for that matter) out there talking on cell phones while driving?

I agree cell phones are beneficial in emergency situations (probably less than 0.00001% of use), but otherwise they are detrimental to society when used while driving.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:11 AM
buzzard
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Greg 79 f150
Hopefully, you have mistakenly put this reply in the wrong thread, if not please re-read the original thread and its content. thanks, Greg
The thread heading is "Best gift for your wife or girlfriend." I guess he's saying a Maurader is the best gift for his woman.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Greg 79 f150
Postmaster
Originally Posted by buzzard
So the million dollar question is, are we safer or not as safe with all these women (anybody for that matter) out there talking on cell phones while driving?

I agree cell phones are beneficial in emergency situations (probably less than 0.00001% of use), but otherwise they are detrimental to society when used while driving.

All I can say to the above comment is, I hope that it was not your wife they found beaten. bloody and raped crawling across the interstate. And if God forbid, you ever get raped by one or two big burly guys, while your broke down on the interstate, I hope you left that pesky cell phone at home. That thing is killing all of us other drivers out here, you know. Those, right along with the big stereos being adjusted, the maps being read, the makeup being applied, the beards shaved, the horseplay behind the wheel, the reading of the GPS , the dogs in laps, the kids bouncing around the cars, the unstable vehicles, the unstable drivers, the partially blind, the ignorant, the unattentive, the stupid and the non - caring and reckless drivers. Take your pick of the options for causes of accidents.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:44 AM
Greg 79 f150
Postmaster
Originally Posted by buzzard
The thread heading is "Best gift for your wife or girlfriend." I guess he's saying a Maurader is the best gift for his woman.

I had wished I was wrong, but a car reply post was a very wrong reply to a very serious post. My apologies for posting something that was legit, or catering to anything humanitarian. I will refrain from posting threads on such trivial topics as a womans well being out here,

Old 06-24-2004, 11:20 AM
King Triton
Postmaster

Greg,Chill bro.You titled it wrong.You should have titled it,Teach you wife to protect herself,or something like that.So,try not to get mad at somebody for giving you a reply to your original question.Now back to the issue.EVEN IF YOU CANT AFFORD a cell phone bill,a cell phone will always dial 911,even if there is no service.So get a cell phone,even a used one,keep it charged.I installed one in the little woman`s T-bird that stays plugged into 12v,so if she ever needs it,it is there.There are too many sick people out there not to be safe.Self defense spray is also a good idea.And DONT TRUST ANYBODY!!!

Old 06-24-2004, 11:33 AM
Greg 79 f150
Postmaster
Originally Posted by King Triton
Greg,Chill bro.You titled it wrong.You should have titled it,Teach you wife to protect herself,or something like that.So,try not to get mad at somebody for giving you a reply to your original question.Now back to the issue.EVEN IF YOU CANT AFFORD a cell phone bill,a cell phone will always dial 911,even if there is no service.So get a cell phone,even a used one,keep it charged.I installed one in the little woman`s T-bird that stays plugged into 12v,so if she ever needs it,it is there.There are too many sick people out there not to be safe.Self defense spray is also a good idea.And DONT TRUST ANYBODY!!!
I am chilled Triton, no problem. I realize now my thread title did not entirely reflect the mood of the post, but from the first sentence, I was very plain in my message. I see now I was wrong on my assumption , and that being, that all people read the post content, and not just the thread title before replying. my bad I guess, I will be more careful.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:31 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There are many good gifts you can buy for your wife or girlfriend, but never buy them both the same thing.
Dono

Old 06-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Big Orn
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dono
There are many good gifts you can buy for your wife or girlfriend, but never buy them both the same thing.
Dono

I guess you'd know, huh?

CAT FIGHT! Oh, yea, been there, dono.

On the serious side: Good Post, Greg.

Last edited by Big Orn; 06-24-2004 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:00 PM
mikemc
Elder User
I think the cell phone, despite all the times its used needlessly, is the best highway safety invention since seatbelts. I would not dream of having my wife alone in her car without a cell phone.

Old 06-24-2004, 04:46 PM
Tadashi
Elder User
The only thing that worries me is that some states and countries it is required to stop and help at an accident. What if it is some nut job faking the accident so he/she can carjack or kill you?

Quick Reply: Best gift for your wife or girlfriend