General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

For You Fisherman Out There!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 03:06 AM
cm_aranda
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For You Fisherman Out There!

Well its another late night and I am channel surfing and I am watching two different baits advertised on TV at the same time. The Banjo Minnow and The Bionic Minnow. Both of them claim to be unlike any other, and i was just wondring if any of you have fallen for these infomercials and bought these baits, and if so do they work like they say they do?

Old 06-08-2004, 04:35 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Nope...I use Panther Martin or Mepps spinners for small lakes & creeks and a blue & white squid with a huge silver flasher in front for downrigging deep lakes for Mackinaw.

Ever wonder why they put those goofy infomercials on at 2 and 3 in the morning? They must be making money...either that or it's a good tax write off. I hear tell some people are silly enough about fishing, they'd buy an anvil if you told em it would catch a bigger fish.

Old 06-08-2004, 07:03 AM
camo4stealth
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cm aranda: you have got to realize what those 'super' lures are made for. They are designed to catch YOU. After that, their job is done. I stick with the tried and true. I won't divulge my secret weapon for lake trout, like ford lover did. Sorry.

Old 06-08-2004, 09:31 AM
wlihntr
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i actually have caught alot of fish jigging with the banjo minnow(walleye. sm. mouth bass, and northern pike)it is nothing more than a plastic swim bait

Old 06-08-2004, 11:16 AM
DainBramage
Posting Guru
If you want to try a plastic that is proven to produce strikes, give Yamamoto baits Senko a try. Doesn't look special, but it produces more strikes than anyother plastic I've seen.

Old 06-08-2004, 12:15 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Okay, I'll admit to waiting until the Flying Lure was available in stores before trying it. The commercial and theory sounded tempting enough to try it, but I never caught one fish on it. That was my first and only infomercial product sampling.

I will keep my gauranteed lures....Johnson Beetle Spins. They should come with a gaurantee on the packaging because they never fail to get the fish to bite for me!

Old 06-08-2004, 12:49 PM
bassaway
Senior User
I jumped all over the banjo minnow when I first heard about. I go bass fishing (hense the nickname) alot in Toledo Bend and during the summer the bass are very picky and smart about what they bite on the topwater. I would throw a normal hard plastic top water bait out in a frenzy of schooling and not even get the smallest hit. Now when i throw the banjo minnow, i can catch 10-15 bass in a couple hours with a couple of them nice keepers. I now use the banjo minnow rig with baby bass super fluke zooms, they seem to like those better and they are much cheaper than the actual banjo minnows.