New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stolen 1957 Ford pickup

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Dog Mocassins
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen 1957 Ford pickup

On or about May 22, 2004, thieves stole a 1957 Ford 4WD pickup from a friend's place in the country in Burleigh County, ND. They knew what they were after; must have used a trailer, as this truck was 'in process of restoration' & was not running or roadable.
It is important to note that Cal had cut the frame, etc. down & put in a short box; Ford did not make a short box version of the 1957 4WD pickups.
Should anyone note such a truck coming up for sale, anywhere, please contact the Burleigh Co. ND Sheriff; the officer in charge is Tracy Nelson, as I recall.
Cal, who owns this truck, has the title & VIN, as I expect does the Sheriff's Department.
Many thanks! Many blessings. Dog

Old 05-31-2004, 06:53 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good luck in finding the truck, that has to be tuff.

Old 05-31-2004, 07:06 AM
57_ford
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you have any pictures? Good luck finding your truck.

Old 05-31-2004, 08:04 AM
F150daniel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See if you can get the mail carriers to look for it on there routes. A buddy of mine got his 4 wheeler back in about 24 hours that way.

Old 05-31-2004, 08:21 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by F150daniel
See if you can get the mail carriers to look for it on there routes. A buddy of mine got his 4 wheeler back in about 24 hours that way.
That is great idea, who better to see all.

Old 05-31-2004, 11:16 AM
88grandmarquis
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Can you give a better description of the truck? I'll keep an eye out for it. Hope he gets it back.

Old 06-02-2004, 02:59 PM
Dog Mocassins
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Additions to description of stolen 57 Ford 4WD pu

Hello. That's a great idea about the mail carrier - I'll pass it on to Cal & Nancy.
Whydidn'tIthinkofthat? I'm so glad you did.
Color could be changed really quickly, so seems irrelevant. I'm not sure, but as I recall it was black or black-&-primer.
Important addition - Cal had put a 1959 front grille on it. He couldn't get a good one from a '57.
The thieves stayed at a local motel right after the theft, where they showed the other stolen antiques to people (!) & some sharp soul got their license number. These are rocket scientists, anneh? At that time, the truck was on a trailer, but, while the sheriff has a few pieces back, the truck is still MIA. Lacking more evidence so they can put these 'people' away for awhile, & maybe get the truck back, the authorities are still hunting the truck.
I'm trying to think of a sting that might bring these birds within netting distance. I have friends in the sheriff's department, but they are restricted from giving out any suggestions, since that might hamper successful prosecution. We are not so hampered. If I can see the truck, get names & location, I would pass them on to the sheriff's department.
(For anyone who worries about my safety - I seldom do; I used to date a Marine D.I. who taught me well. Have had occasion to 'road test' his teachings, & I passed. I'm fine; my attackers didn't do so well. But thanks, if you have worried.. For wht it's worth; I think they went into other more honest activities
I have sent an email to ebay, too, in case these people try to sell there. Ebay takes a really dim view of such things going thru their site.
Many blessings. Doksha ake'. Dog