30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

chapter logo poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 12:27 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ok..I sent the last two revisions of the design to Matt to post. And since the floppy that held all the other images lost its formatting and now won't produce the images...I had to start over. I did take into account all the comments posted and votes and I thank you all very much for being patient with the process.

I tried to come up with what was most liked and the last two images to vote on are in the "Attention Mr President" thread that matt posted tonight. So, this thread is officially closed. Even though we didn't wait the whole 30 days, more than half have voted, with a majority leaning toward the final designs. There isn't a large difference in the two designs, mainly the lettering and a tad difference in coloration.

I could have gone on forever trying to design something that everyone would absolutely love...and driven myself nuts in the process. My program only has one short of a zillion options...well.. not really...but my brain was finally reaching saturation point.

I humbly submit the last two images for your inspection. I think either one would make a very nice shirt, banner and whatever else we decide to use it for.

I was reading a bit in the Kansas Chapter today. Those guys have been around for a while and are really organized!!! They have already sold a bunch of tee shirts. They have a treasurer. They have people in charge of different areas of the state. They have done more than I have even began to foresee happening with us, but if we all work together and try to get more people interested....my gosh people... we have 5 states to work from! And we have 16 members! ( Which is, by the way...probably enough to order screen printed tee shirts if everyone wants one.) I'm still researching prices and I think matt is too.

OK...enough for this time...off my soap box.

Old 06-08-2004, 12:56 AM
fordloverf2501970
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow that logo blows the one i did way out of the water, the logo looks great. not to complain about the logo but although it is great it really doesnt reflect all the states that are involved in this chapter, if we were to split up i would think that would be great for you guys up there, but we have no cowboys left in iowa. i do think iowa being as we are in the mississippi valley should be seperate from you guys, were in different time zones, we shouldnt be in the same chapter. but if that is the logo you all have agreed on and we dont split i will take 4 hats 5 t shirts

Old 06-08-2004, 01:54 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Thanks... we still be workin on the logo. See the keeping costs down thread. So ... we still have as yet to develop a tee shirt with the logo. It looks like to keep costs reasonable we are going to have to go with an all black logo, rather than with the colored one...at least for now. Once a screen is made, then we can also send along an iron on or three...state, FTE logo..etc. Not sure yet. I kinda went overboard with enthusiasm developing the colored one and trying to please everyone. Not an easy task. We'll keep everyone informed as things progress....slowly but surely.

And I sure didn't mean to detract from the one you designed. I saw the thread kinda die, so I went for the gusto one nite, playing around and thats what I came up with.

Old 06-08-2004, 09:42 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Obviously you don't know all of Iowa, there certainly are some cowboys left, just aren't as prominent, but they are there. Moreso in the suoth central and sw parts, but ever been to the rodeo in Fort Madison? You'd see a bunch of them there, then there's all the horse shows, and cattle shows. Used to be one myself, kinda, just not to level some folks take it.

Old 06-08-2004, 10:02 AM
RICE H8R
Elder User
i still like #1...reminds me of the simpleness of here in ND...

Old 06-08-2004, 11:23 AM
fordloverf2501970
Elder User
yeah we go to the rodeo in tri state in the fort almost every year, they have it on my birthday most years. and it is only 14 miles from my house, i fly out of the airport right next to rodeo park. What i meant was that in general cowboys are not assoicated with the midwest. mostly out in actual high plains states. didnt mean to offend

Old 06-08-2004, 11:57 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No offense taken, but you're right, I've been told Iowa's flat, and otherwise just associated with being hicks, just can't understand that it isn't quite that way. I'd rather be associated with cowboys than being a backwards hick that city slickers seem to think is the representation of Iowa.

Old 06-08-2004, 02:24 PM
fordloverf2501970
Elder User
being a truck driver i often talk to people who are in iowa for the first time, they are always shocked that we have rolling hills and even some big hills and the bluffs, iowa is by far not the flatest state and have more to offer then pig farms and cow pastures.

Old 06-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

A simple design is what we are ending up with. The price of making the original screen is up there. And if you go with multiple colors, its even more up there because additional screens have to be made for each color. With only 20 some members, at present, we cannot begin to afford a multicolored tee shirt.

What we are now looking at is a combination of #1 and the multi-colored "sunset" one. Only, we are looking at all black in order to keep costs within reason. I am awaiting a call from a person who does screen printing for a local Handicapped organization at pretty reasonable rates. I like the simplicity of #1 also...so with a combination of the two designs and the addition of the FTE logo with it, I think we may come up with a winner pretty danged soon..... one that should please everyone. I am also planning on making iron on transfers, of the FTE emblem, small enough and in color that can be ironed onto the front of the shirt above the pocket.

Simplicity is winning out over fancy.....and that is absolutely outstanding with me.