v-8 5.4 excurison question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 11:42 PM
blueexpend
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
v-8 5.4 excurison question

Hi X Reader...

i am planning to go see the excurison..friend of mine told me about this truck..
it is 2000 or 2001 , it has 5.4 motor on it with gear ratio of 4.10
has about 45k miles on it and ford dealer want it for 21k bucks..

how about those gear ratio 4.10 does it make for towing ?? the motor too ??
i wasnt too sure about it.. i know excurison has either v10 or diesal.. but i didnt know they has that motor v-8 5.4

does anyone has it ?? how it tow ?? i have 24 foot camper weight about approx 4,700..

its kinda strange for 5.4 motor into big monster truck !!!!!!

it is good to have it or go for v10.. my wife is not too crazy about v10 bec people been saying the gas price will be like 3 bucks this summer and we need a good tow vechile..
any feedback would be greatly appreactie..

thanks..
john

Old 05-08-2004, 06:00 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by blueexpend
has about 45k miles on it and ford dealer want it for 21k bucks..
Too much. Don't pay over 19K for it.

how about those gear ratio 4.10 does it make for towing ?? the motor too ??I wasnt too sure about it.. i know excurison has either v10 or diesal.. but i didnt know they has that motor v-8 5.4
4.10s will make the 5.4L equipped truck adequate to haul it's own self around. The light trailer you have shouldn't be too much strain. Just don't expect the tranny to ever shift into OD.

its kinda strange for 5.4 motor into big monster truck !!!!!!
Yes, it is! It is even more strange to see the 4x4 with the 5.4L AND 3.73s!!

my wife is not too crazy about v10 because people been saying the gas price will be like 3 bucks this summer and we need a good tow vehicle...
It is hard to have an adequate tow vehicle AND worry about gas mileage and cost.

If it is a major concern, I'd go for the V10 since it is actually a more fuel efficient tow vehicle than the V8. Plus a it'll safely carry more weight. The V10 "penalty" is well worth it.

Old 05-08-2004, 09:19 PM
blueexpend
Freshman User
Thanks

hey,,

thanks for reply the question i decided not to go for it but found other dealership has f250 diseal larait verison truck mint conidtion everything full loading for 24,000

look like im gonna go for it..

what ya think ??

Old 05-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
It all depends on how much room you need for your family (if any) and anything else you need or want to lug around. A V10 or diesel will pull that camper of yours with power to spare. The F-250 has a higher tow capacity than the Excursion, but its only another 2-3 thousand pounds. The Excursion is rated for 10,000 lbs give or take about 500 lbs. So if you need room for kids or stuff you don't want exposed to the elements, go for an Excursion. If it's just you and your wife, go for the F-250. That way you're not overspending for room you probably won't even need or use. The F-250 you're looking at sounds like a sweet deal. I'd jump on that; and while the getting is good, get the 100,000 mile warranty if you plan on keeping the vehicle for a long time. Other than that, happy hunting.

Old 05-09-2004, 09:26 PM
blueexpend
Freshman User
Im still confused !! i saw one excurison today with v10 ! man !!!!!! it look sooo sweet ! asking for 21,500 !!! beatiful fully load with leather and all those stuff.. and yes i do have a little 6 months old girl and 2 wild crazy dogs !!!!

excursion sure look soo soo soo sweet !!!!! but i was thinking about the gas price which will be 3 bucks per gallon by the summer ! ill be using it as a tow vechile ! sometime driving around the town as wedding or family gather..

ill go down and see the f250 again and see what kind of deal they willing to give it to me..

also same for excurison.. so.. ill give it a shot to both of the trucks..

bummer it confused the hell out of me !!! LOL..

john

thanks for advice ! FORD !! HAVE YOU DRIVE OVER CHEVY,DODGE lately ?

Old 05-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Bill4Kath
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got an '02 5.4 Excursion 4x4. I was iffy on buying the V8, but it was everything I wanted on it(XLT, loaded, no leather, 4x4, blah blah blah!) not sure what gear is in it yet. Bought it used with 31k on it. City driving gets 10 to 10.5 mpg. Not sure how that compares with the V10. I'm pretty happy with it for now. If I'm not happy with the towing, I guess a few aftermarket part should help it out. I think that you get more for the buck if you buy the Excursion than the F-250 or F-350 truck.

Old 05-10-2004, 08:53 PM
blueexpend
Freshman User
Got The Excurison !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah oh yeah ! got the excurison !!!!
2002 excurision limited edition !!!!!!!!
asking for 25,900 !!!
got it for 20,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh yes im so damn thrilled what else more i get 9,000 trade in for my expendition !

its max out fully load everything ..here is the list of the truck !

<TABLE class=Inventory cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>CRUISE CONTROL</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>POWER STEERING</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>POWER BRAKES</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>ALUMINUM/ALLOY WHEELS</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>REAR AUDIO CONTROLS</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>9 PASSENGER SEATING</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>CAPTAIN CHAIRS (2)</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>LEATHER SEATS</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>POWER PASSENGER SEAT</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>SPLIT FOLDING REAR SEAT</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>THIRD SEAT</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>POWER WINDOWS</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>PRIVACY GLASS</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>AUTOMATIC DIMMING REARVIEW MIRROR</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>ALARM SYSTEM</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>POWER DRIVER SEAT</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>LIGHTED ENTRY SYSTEM</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>OVERHEAD CONSOLE</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>AUTOMATIC ON/OFF HEADLIGHTS</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>DIGITAL CLOCK</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>FOG LIGHTS</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>POWER DOOR LOCKS</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>TILT STEERING WHEEL</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>CHROME BUMPERS</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>LEATHER STEERING WHEEL</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>CENTER CONSOLE</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>INTERMITTENT WIPERS</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>LUGGAGE RACK</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>REAR WINDOW WIPER</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>RUNNING BOARDS</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>TACHOMETER</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>TRIP COMPUTER</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>FOUR WHEEL ANTI-LOCK BRAKES</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>PASSENGER AIRBAG</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>LENGTH 226.7"</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>WIDTH 79.9"</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>MAXIMUM SEATING: 8</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>48 CUBIC FEET LUGGAGE CAPACITY</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>FRONT HEAD ROOM: 41"</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>FRONT HIP ROOM: 67.5"</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>FRONT LEG ROOM: 42.3"</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>FRONT SHOULDER ROOM: 68.3"</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>REAR HEAD ROOM: 41.1"</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>REAR HIP ROOM: 66.9"</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>REAR LEG ROOM: 40.5"</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>REAR SHOULDER ROOM: 67"</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>146 CUBIC FEET MAXIMUM CARGO CAPACITY</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>44 GALLON FUEL TANK</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>WHEELBASE: 137.1"</TD><TR><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>GROUND CLEARANCE: 8.1"</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top align=right width="1%">
</TD><TD class=InventoryForeground vAlign=top width="49%" colSpan=2>BUILT IN UNITED STATES</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

tell me what ya think got it for whole thing 20k they wanted to get rid of it bec it been there for while.. whats more i got 3 yrs warrenty bumper to bumper and got 10 free oil change and they willing to give me all new front and back brake and 2 time tranny service !!!!!

whoo whoo whoo im so exciting !
my wife isnt ha ha !!!
thanks for all your help and advice !!!!

john NY

Old 05-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
Congrats on your new X! In all the mishagosh of typing, you failed to mention whether you had 4-wheel drive, what type of engine you had, and what options you have installed

In regards to the warranty, how long do you plan on keeping your X? I've been kicking myself since I didn't shoot for the 100,000 mile warranty. I somehow managed to rack up 36,000 miles in 1-year! Now when things need to be fixed and I'm strapped for cash, I'm stuck. Learn from my mistake, if you rack up alot of miles in a small amount of time or you plan on keeping the vehicle for awhile, save yourself time, money, and alot of headaches; and get the extended warranty.

Old 05-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Bill4Kath
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
About your warranty, if you can find a dealer that can help you out on the miles versus purchase date to give you a break. I found a guy that looks at my purchase date for the warranty work. It is worth a shot. Maybe you could hook him up with a gift certificate or something.