Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2002, 10:19 PM
Senior User

argve is starting off with a positive reputation.
Propane Injection

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/argve1/Enterprise.html
Old 04-30-2002, 10:30 PM
Senior User

myst is starting off with a positive reputation.
Propane Injection

I am looking to put a propane system in my 99 PSD. On diesel performance products.com they have it for 549 bucks, is that a good price?? what are the ups and downs to propane? is it easy to install them? any input will help. thanx
Old 05-04-2002, 10:40 PM
New User

stroker_1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Propane Injection

>I am looking to put a propane system in my 99 PSD. On diesel
>performance products.com they have it for 549 bucks, is that
>a good price?? what are the ups and downs to propane? is it
>easy to install them? any input will help. thanx

ATS Turbo Systems also has a great propane injection system called the Torque Pro 2000. It is more expensive at the tune of I believe 997.00 but it is totally adjustable and can be turned on and off from inside the cab with a lit toggle switch. Also you don;t need to shut it off with the engine it automatically turns off. There really is no downfall whatsoever to propane injection. It increases the lifespan of the engine by making it more efficient and lets the engine burn 100% of the diesel fuel. Therefore a little better fuel mileage will result. Typically a diesel engine only burns about 80-85% of the fuel but with propane it burms 100%
I don't own one yet but this is going to be one of my next purchases after a Tymar intake and from what I understand they are fairly easy to install without having to be a mechanic. Hope this helps out a little bit.

1997 PSD Crewcab shorty
50 hp superchip
Power Pedal
K&N air filter
3" turboback w/ Magna Flow muffler
Pyro&Boost gauges
Old 05-09-2002, 04:04 AM
Posting Guru

The Diesel Dude is starting off with a positive reputation.
Propane Injection

Our reliability people have recieved 3 engines back from the field that appear (to me) to have had a propane injection system installed (they have the propane fitting in the air crossover). One of them fragged a piston and chucked a rod out the side and the other two have bent rods (the pistons should protrude about .028 above the deck but they are about that distance below the deck, indicating bent rods). You need to be careful -- a chip is cheaper than a replacement engine. If you exceed the design parameters of the engine, you're going to have problems.
Old 05-09-2002, 07:48 PM
Senior User

myst is starting off with a positive reputation.
Propane Injection

i already have a 70 hp towing chip. i think i will call Banks a get a power pack from them.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:43 PM
New User

CjnPwrStrk is starting off with a positive reputation.
Propane Injection

Powershot 2000 is the safest kit that I know of and at a price of only $549, it's alot cheaper than the ATS kit.

chipping a truck isnt exactly easy on it. It makes for high trans line pressure and burns cluch plates quicker. It also makes the engine run hotter by pumping in more fuel. It gets better mileage, but also wastes alot of fuel.

LP makes the engine run cleaner, burn the full amount of fuel it puts in factory and gets better mileage, keeps your trans line pressure at factory, and im most cases - drops EGT's.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:43 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
2000, assist, ats, buck, diesels, downs, ford, injection, kits, methanol, pro, propane, torque, trucks, ups, water