2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks Troll 45

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 10:11 PM
cajun04screw
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks Troll 45

Thanks For Ths Tsb On Whistling Noise In Detail. No Other Problems With Truck Except Whistiling Noise I Could Live With It, But I Put Masking Tape Over The Fog Lamps, And Guess What, No Whistling At All. Any Suggestions I Could Go To Homedepot And Get Some Cell Foam And Fix It Myself, But I Want To See What The Dealer Says. Thanks Again New Member To Ford-trucks///// 04 Screw/lariat/black/gold/audiophile/tow/355ls/reverse/captains/

Old 04-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Troll45
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you take your vehicle in to the dealer while its under warranty they will fix it for free.
But what is the quality of the work that you will recieve. The tech doing the work will only have the same info that is on the SSM that I gave you. No pictures or details on how to actually install the foam material. The tech is not going to put forth that much effort into actually fixing the concern. Ford doesnt pay squat to fix it, so the tech's effort is to get it in and out as soon as possible. Plus you have to drop it off or wait while they repair it. If it is quicker and less money out of your pocket (Taking off work to take it in) you can easily do it yourself and install it the way you want it. I have been a Lincoln tech for 24 years and i've seen a lot of bungholes working for dealers that just dont do quality work. I wouldnt let them work on my vehicles. Its up to you Cajun, they will fix it if you dont mind someone else touching your ride.

Good luck with your repair.