2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something to look forward to!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 04:07 PM
BlkButy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something to look forward to!

Took my truck in this morning due to an annoying whining sound coming from engine area when taking off and accelerating. The dealership will have the truck 3 days taking out the Tranny to replace some seal that is allowing fluid to pass thru. What a crock of S***. 10,000 miles and having tranny problems. I'm sorry but I am starting to have bad thoughts about these ALL new 2004 Ford F150 PoS's - you pay 40 Grand for a truck and have nothing but probs with it. Yes this is my first noted problem but what happens at 15,000 and 20,000 miles ????? Need new engine - bottom falls out???? Yes I am not happy as you can tell, my truck is my business therefore I will lose 2 grand over the time period, oh yeah forgot to mention they gave me a POS Focus to drive. Gonna look funny with my mowing and landscaping equipment on the roof but oh well their loss!

Old 04-23-2004, 06:16 PM
BlkButy
Elder User
Update 1

Update 1: It is not the seal they thought it was - now it may be the front pump in the transmission.

Hmmmmm makes me wonder if they even have a clue what it is!

Old 04-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Rambo
Senior User
Of course, all companies EXCEPT Ford produce only products that have absolutely NO imperfections at all. I dont know what Ford was thinking by producing a truck without testing it for at least 10 years to see if it had any problems at all, before placing it on the market. After all, that's what Dodge/Chevy/Toyota do. Errr, wait, no, they didn't either, and come to think of it, some of their 2004 models are having some problems as well.

It's part of owning a new truck. Sometimes there is going to be problems that dont crop up until they are actually used by real people. Hopefully not, but when you buy something brand new, you take that risk. I always prefer to buy one or two year old trucks, to avoid that problem.

Old 04-23-2004, 09:50 PM
WEB
Senior User
Blkbuty, I disagree 100% If I had your problems I would be spitting mad also BUT....there are many 04 F150's that are trouble free and not one of those trucks are considered a POS by thier owners. You can not lable an entire group of anything including trucks, oil, tires or people by a single experiance or opinions of a handful of others. I noticed you were one of only two negitive replys in the "Problem Free f150" Thread which means there were 28 people that are 100% satisfied and think that thier truck is the greatest thing sinced sliced bread That makes you two (7%) right and the other twenty eight(93%) are wrong I don't beleive those percentages prove your therory that this truck is a POS. It is not.

Now is yours? It certainly sounds like it to me. I have owened 11 new F150's since 1979 and I have never had one problem that I ever had to have fixed, that is probably pretty darn lucky but true none the less. My point is Don't lable the whole barrel of apples as bad if one or two has a worm in it. I hope you get a new truck or get your's fixed, I certainly understand the added problems of effecting your buisness. It is hard enough to make a living these days so my heart goes out to you and I hope you get a quick and permanent fix.

Old 04-24-2004, 07:40 AM
BlkButy
Elder User
As a reply, Do you have 10,000 miles yet? I am not saying the whole fleet are bad but it sure seems that on a daily basis more and more of these trucks are having problems. I was problem free as well til the 10,000 mile mark. All I am saying is that FORD does not deal with the customer the way they should. It's all about selling vehicles and making money. I talked with 3 upper Ford execs yesterday expressing my concerns. My truck is my business and all they can supply me is a D**n Focus. Well I got a call back last night from Detroit and if it is not fixed by noon Monday I get to use another 2004 F150 to allow me to continue working. I understand buying anything new is always susceptible to problems. I still love my truck and always will and have only owned Fords but to only be offered a Focus kind of degraded me. I am not trying to bash the new model but after talking to Detroit it seems we have MO problems to come.

Old 04-24-2004, 08:20 AM
Cellman4u
Freshman User
BLKBUTY..What you describe sounds like the problem i was having and the shop foreman said it was in the rear end.

A new rear end has been ordered and should be here this week.I will let you know if it fixed the issue.

Also anything that is man made is can and will brake down.
I traded a 2003 chevy silverrado Z-71 for my 2004 lariet.
The Z-71 had no brakes and was never able to get them fixed properly so i am just happy the ford has brakes.

Old 04-24-2004, 09:27 AM
BlkButy
Elder User
Cell,

Was it a whiny noise that got louder as you accelerated? They seem to think it is in the transmission. Well hopefully they can diagnose the problem and get it worked out!

Old 04-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Cellman4u
Freshman User
BLKBUTY,
The whine noise does get louder when you accelerate.If you let you foot off the accelerater it will stop whining.The shop foreman said it takes up to two weeks to get the rear end but said it was the best way to fix the issue insted of replacing a few parts that will give you the same issue again in a few thousand miles.I called the shop foreman today and he said that he has had 3 other trucks that did this same thing and this fixed it each time.

I have found so far the dealer i am dealing with has been great.

Also while your truck is the shop have them instal the cam bolts to make your truck easier to align.ford is not telling the consumer that this is something that should have been on every truck ..Do this while it is still under warranty. My dealer service dept.made me aware of this.

I hope this helps

Old 04-24-2004, 02:13 PM
silvershine440
New User
kenwood ddx 7015 dvd for my explorer 2003 it will fit?

Old 04-24-2004, 05:36 PM
BlkButy
Elder User
Cell,

Thanks a bunch for the info. I will call them 1st thing Monday morning to get them to check that out as well!

Old 04-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Cellman4u
Freshman User
BLKBUTY,
I am gone to the dealer for a new rear-end. I will have it back later today and will post how the fix goes.

Please let me know what your dealer has done for you.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:16 AM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
I was driving yesterday without the Audiophile on for once, and I heard a slight "whine" coming from what sounded like the engine when I accelerated. It goes away when I let off the gas. I thought it was a characteristic sound of the 5.4L. Maybe not? It's not really annoying as it is ever so slight, but still. I am paranoid now after reading you guy's posts.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:36 AM
BlkButy
Elder User
Mine started out very slight now is loud! They are replacing the pump, torque converter and a bearing in the transmission. I believe they are not going to resolve my problem, therefore they are also ordering me the new rear end to replace it later. I still love my truck but will feel better after it's fixed! They said I may have both problems that are going on with the new ones now!

Old 04-27-2004, 03:19 PM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
That blows.

Old 04-27-2004, 07:37 PM
BlkButy
Elder User
Update Update: My truck is fixed. It was a pump in the tranny. They replaced a torque converter, pump and bearing and she purrs again!

Quick Reply: Something to look forward to!