Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Arguing with a Know it all

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 07:28 PM
MUDN69
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arguing with a Know it all

Hey,
I am a top of the line Ford man. When someone mentions another company I can quickly discredit them. I have a buddy who is a car guy, but has no real offiliation. He is real wishy washy. He thinks that cummins and chevy have the best diesels, chevy has the best cars. I Need info to burn his "ship." Every day he says something out of the way about the ford vs. chevy deal. I always have a response but i need some rock hard stats to bring chevy down. Please help and no emotions. Facts are the best.

Old 03-22-2004, 07:56 PM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 03-22-2004, 08:09 PM
MUDN69
Senior User
Preferably information slamming chevrolet

Old 03-22-2004, 09:07 PM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
What about Chevrolet's lack of a solid front axle in heavy duty trucks? And, their recent recall?

Old 03-22-2004, 09:15 PM
MUDN69
Senior User
well, ford does not have a solid front axle in the 250's dont they?
whats their recent recall?

Last edited by MUDN69; 03-22-2004 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:31 PM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Ford does have a solid front axle in the 4x4 250s. It's a Dana 60 I believe.
Give me a minute on that recall.

Old 03-22-2004, 09:40 PM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Old 03-23-2004, 07:18 AM
ktmguy70
Elder User
he he

I bet your buddy is doing the same thing, " How do I deal with a know it all.." L

Ron

00 Excursion Limited 4x4 V-10

Old 03-23-2004, 07:54 AM
patrickgw
Freshman User
maybe there is no rock solid evidence that one is better then the other. i'm a chev and a ford owner, but in all honesty like the proven reliability of the cummins. if you are towing huge trailers the cummins will go the same speed no loaded or w/10,000 lbs, and is worth having the suspension and brakes checked every few months.

Old 03-23-2004, 12:17 PM
jpsartre12
Posting Guru
Re: Arguing with a Know it all

Originally posted by MUDN69
Hey,
I am a top of the line Ford man. When someone mentions another company I can quickly discredit them. I have a buddy who is a car guy, but has no real offiliation. He is real wishy washy. He thinks that cummins and chevy have the best diesels, chevy has the best cars. I Need info to burn his "ship." Every day he says something out of the way about the ford vs. chevy deal. I always have a response but i need some rock hard stats to bring chevy down. Please help and no emotions. Facts are the best.
I'm a Chevy racer, but there are several areas in which Ford is stronger from my perspective. Chevy drag racers use Ford rears because they're bulletproof. The best GM has is the 12-bolt and that doesn't compare to a Ford 9". GM's new 4L60E automatic transmissions aren't worth a darn over 350RWHP and must be swapped for an older Powerglide, TH350 or TH400 Tranny. (Both are easily checked if you have him go to www.camaroZ28.com website.) I don't hear Ford drag racers complaining about their automatics.
Ford's DOHC Cobra motor is state-of-the -art and will be a race motor to recon with in the future. Unfortunately, Ford gave it a smaller displacement which hurts its potential, IMHO. There are a few articles in auto mags supporting that claim; I just don't have them handy.

Old 03-23-2004, 01:31 PM
patrickgw
Freshman User
Re: Arguing with a Know it all

I am a top of the line Ford man. When someone mentions another company I can quickly discredit them. I always have a response but i need some rock hard stats to bring chevy down.
how are you discrediting them right now without rock hard stats?

Old 03-23-2004, 06:38 PM
MUDN69
Senior User
Facts like chevy's diesel is made by a FREAKIN ISUZU. That is foreign, and really no matter how nice it is, its still foreign.
Hey, i'll give it to chevy they have made some great muscle cars, and motors, but I just want to know facts against chevy. There are certain areas where ford and chevy mess up. And I am not a complete moron to know nothing about chevy's mistakes. I am just trying to stand up for Ford better. Yall are too quick to discredit.

Old 03-23-2004, 07:56 PM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 361 Likes on 218 Posts
Well, I like to stand up for Ford too man....but the stuff your friend has said so far is true. Chevy and Dodge do both have better diesels than Ford right now. Chevy cars will outperform Ford cars. So you can't say much to him there.

You could, however, point out to him that the #1 compact truck, #1 full-size truck, #1 heavy-duty pickup truck, and #1 SUV are ALL produced by Ford. And you don't have the #1 selling trucks in the country by building junk.

Old 03-23-2004, 08:10 PM
patrickgw
Freshman User
Facts like chevy's diesel is made by a FREAKIN ISUZU. That is foreign, and really no matter how nice it is, its still foreign.
this is a pretty bad argument to the conclusion that ford is better then chevy, with many underlying assumptions. this isn't even worthy of a response, i feel immature for even writing this much.

Old 03-23-2004, 11:22 PM
turbo TED
Senior User
mudn69; Hey buddy I wish I was their to help you but here are
some old threads I have written. Well this is how it goes if do this by the numbers ,
[correctly] as i mentioned previously just from my work experience this is the statistical analysis i have witnessed [ in no specific order] oil pans on the 305s & on the 350s that will not stop leaking or seeping,various transmissions that leak or seep & you wind up pouring the guts out thur the vale body,casting sand in the blocks & then tearing apart the cooling systems, keeping a set of valve seals in a 305 or 350; that do not go bad in a short
period of time due poor oil control,now this one is concerning
to me 4 to 5 fuel pumps to find one good one & these are the delco oe pumps,alternators that with less than 25k to 35k ignite
in the vehicles & over charge batteries & then they erupt also not to mention all of the electrical problems lights,smart stics,
hazzards switches ect, & on 4.3 v6s,305s,350s,6.0 v8s mantaning oil pressure to a safe level seem to be a job in it self,
ecm's frying out or being fryed out, corrosion of major alumnium
parts on alot of GM products & the dex cool not doing its job,
the high torque permnant magnetic starters at 25k to 38k on them, motor mounts on most of the GM line up are all pretty bad.
Now this is all i could come up with quiclly not all of the horror
stories i have seen, just 3 more things 1st of all GM does not even offer a V-10, 2nd most of the technology mentioned above
is vortech related, & last but not least just try to change the
starter on a NORTHSTAR engine [trick is you have to find it first].
The problems you mentioned with fords all seem to be less in
quantinty after all ford does produce 15% to 20% more trucks
than chevy.
As i have said time n time again after working in the
parts industry for over a decade now the worst horror stories i
have been witness to have been 80% to 90% all GM, & when the
parts stores stock 75% all GM hardparts not acceories this in turn will easly prove the law of supply & demand. Hey buddy you only
touched the tip of the iceberg on all the gripes i have seen. I do
belive that thru my influence i have helped convert some gm fans to the obvious foreign or domestic choice FORD.
YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK FORD BUDDY

Quick Reply: Arguing with a Know it all