2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Didn't buy a Chevy this time

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 09:03 PM
conagher
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't buy a Chevy this time

I was on my way to buy a new Chevy Silverado yesterday when my son asked if I could pick him up at the Ford dealer where his 2001 Ranger Edge was being serviced. When I arrived, the first thing that caught my eye was a new F-150 SuperCab. The sun bounced off the silver paint like it was coated with diamonds. Before I knew it, a salesman had me behind the wheel. This was quite an accomplishment considering I was going to buy my 25th or 26th Chevy truck. Been drivin' 'em since '63.

Whew...was I impressed!! I immediately went and drove the new Silverado that Chevy touts as being such a great truck. There was no comparison to the Ford. The Chevy suspension felt sloppy while the Ford felt firm and responsive. The Chevy seats made me feel like I was in a low-rider while the Ford gave me a good view of the road immediately in front of the truck. I was amazed at how much nicer OVERALL the Ford F-150 was compared to the Chevy Silverado. No wonder the F-150 is the best-selling vehicle in America.

Well Dudes, this old cowboy now drives a 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab with an ear-to-ear grin. Been driving Mustangs and Continentals for years as family cars but never have owned a Ford truck. Man, I reckon I've been missing a lot.

Old 03-18-2004, 09:52 PM
sprintcarcrazy
Senior User
Congrats on your purchase, hope you get one of the numerous ones that are trouble free, by reading the board, some are not.

But I think thats the exception, enjoy your new ride. They are nice !

Old 03-19-2004, 12:25 AM
acarlisletx
Junior User
I traded in an 01 Silverado for an 04 Supercab. I've had 4 Fords and 2 Chevys in the past. When I saw them at the auto show in Houston last year I knew I was going to get one. However because of my vibration problem I'm telling family and friends to take one for a LONG test drive before signing on the dotted line.

Old 03-19-2004, 01:51 AM
TNford27
Junior User
Man,I also traded a 2000 chevy Z71 excab in on my scab ,other than a few minor vibrations in the floorboard's I love this truck. I even thought ,what would I do if they can't fix this truck what would I buy,????? nothing,there is nothing out there that can compare(even with some minor issue's) that could replace what I already have ,FX4,Scab

Old 03-19-2004, 10:51 AM
WhiteNight
Senior User
I to was a die hard G.M. guy for the past 25 years,but a test drive was all it took to change my mind.That coupled with the fact, in my mind at least that G.M. has has lost it's vision and now can only produce ''UGLY'' uninspired vehicles.My new supercrew should be here in three weeks.

Old 03-19-2004, 04:04 PM
tartan1
New User
Thumbs up Switched to Ford

I have owned 99, 02 and 03 Silverado LT trucks that were fully loaded....went to ford on 04 Lariat supercrew with all options. So much better materials and fit and finish. Silverados are awash in cheap black plastic in the interior, lots of wind noise from bad sealing, many rattles and lousy fit and finish. They sure need to step up to the plate in 06 or 07. Lariat does not have seats that are as good as the Silverado and the heated seats shut off after 10 min. which sucks in a cold climate. Next I would like to see a bright red interior as a option....it would go good with white, silver, red and black paint. I have a 1962 Chev Impala with a bright white exterior and a red interior which is way sharp. Things will only get better.

Old 03-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! I should post this link over at chevytalk.com ! (But I won't!)

-Matt

Old 03-19-2004, 11:48 PM
theshyguy
Elder User
Alot of converts. Wish I had one of the F-150's. But I am trying to hold out to gett he 06 L. Hope you all enjoy your trucks and tell everyone how great they are. Especially Dodge and Chevy/GMC owners.