1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Stroke Warning Label

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 03:40 PM
blackbeauty
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-14-2001, 10:22 PM
PowerStokeJunkieAlot
New User

When I first saw this, I laughed. Each time I read it I laugh again....course, when my Dodge and Chevy friends see it, they get mad...Wondering what I am talking about? Take a look at this:
http://www.cowboyfurniture.com/test.htm

Old 08-15-2001, 12:40 AM
lvstang
Senior User

How cute!!! Considering the CURRENT Duramax walks the CURRENT "PowerStoke" It's also a little embarassing.Your Chevy friends should be laughing.

Old 08-16-2001, 02:06 PM
rob_n_houston
Senior User

If you Chevy guys don't like then go make up your own sticker. Be sure to put something in it about being the most powerful rice burning diesel yet.

My Chevy friends are still crying about that ugly speed bump dragging cross member is. It looks like someone said "oops...we forgot..Bob throw me that square tubing, drill, torch and a few bolts....see no one well ever notice".

Wrong!

Old 08-16-2001, 02:36 PM
lvstang
Senior User

Rob, don't like chevys but I can see the writing on the wall. The current PSD, while serving a dignified and commendable life, is now a lame duck. Ford is replacing it and currently the strongest diesel off the showroom floor is the Isuzu. Putting a sticker like that on your truck would be no different than saying a stock Focus is faster than a Cobra. ANYONE THAT KNOWS ANYTHING will know it's bs. I LOVE my V10 but KNOW the 8.1/Allison will clean my clock in a drag race. Sometimes reality sucks.

Old 08-16-2001, 02:48 PM
Kegger
New User

Thank-you for letting us in on this. I just ordered 3 of these labels for our PSDs. One of my friends just received their ordered Chevrolet truck with the diesel engine and this should make him steam.

Old 08-16-2001, 03:42 PM
rob_n_houston
Senior User

ivstang, just having some fun to. Actually I don't own a PSD but I do own a Suburban...I have for the last 5 years! You right tho, the people putting down the V10 may not realize it'll be around longer than the 7.3 with emissions hitting the diesel market. The new one is a 6.0 I hear. Have you ever been to some cities in Europe where the diesel is the primary engine. I have, pretty bad. Look at the south France and Italy.

I still mean what I said about the Chevy cross member (on the 2500 HD). The team who ok'ed that should be strung up.

Rob

1999 F-250 SD CC V-10 LWB SRW 4X4 Lariat Red clear coat 33x12.5 on 16.5x10.5" wheels K&N

Old 08-16-2001, 04:46 PM
fred m lewis
Junior User

Everyone has their preference when it comes to vehicles. Just
because someone prefers the dingledump V12 to my humpback V8 does not neccessarily mean one is better than the other. I prefer Fords especially the PSD, always have, always will and to
imply that the V10 will be around long after the PSD is visionary. Besides who really cares what happens in the south
of France or Italy?

Old 08-16-2001, 07:15 PM
lvstang
Senior User

I'm probably taking this too seriously. It's just ironic to me that someone would put that sticker on a stock PSD that would get its **** handed to it by a duramax. It's like the bully who gets beat up. You'd better be able to walk the walk if you talk the talk. Right now the PSD can't.

I saw a Dodge truck that had that gay Calvin peeing sticker. Only Calvin was peeing on a message that said, "foreign trucks".

I laughed in the guys face at a stop light. He said, "Cool sticker. huh?" I busted up telling him his truck was most likely made in Mexico and Chrysler is now owned by a Europeon company. The light turned green and I think his face did too. Stickers that make you look dumb are dumb.

Old 08-17-2001, 08:04 AM
rob_n_houston
Senior User

I personally think ALL Calvins are tasteless. Why someone would want to put something like that on a new 40k truck. Especially the peeing ones and the driver has a couple of young kids in the truck. Makes me want to call CPS.

Fred M Lewis,
Visionary? Me? Thanks even tho I realize it's a little tounge in cheek. Actually I'm talking about production vehicles of course. You should read up. If Ford can get a 6.0l PSD to perform better than 7.3l PSD with less emmisions and Uncle Sam calling for reduced emmisions on diesels...well I'm sure you can see the vision to. I hear the 6.0l will be out in 2002 or 2003.

"Besides who really cares what happens in the south of France or Italy?" Uhhh because it could happen here to. I know your not really that narrow minded. . Here's a current event, ever heard of "Mad Cow Disease"? I hope I never have to worry about ordering a whopper!! . Can a Frenchmen or an Italian go out and purchase a handgun for sport shooting? They could at one time. Does HCI mean anything?

Rob

Rob

Old 08-17-2001, 04:53 PM
fred m lewis
Junior User

Rob_N_Houston,I've heard the same rumors about the PSD change,
as well as stories that Ford owns Cummins (not true,Ford had a
small interest in Cummins at one time, but no longer). Another story I have heard is that CAT is taking over the Navistar (again
not true) Cat uses Navistar designed injectors and manufactures them for use in the PSD. Even this is supposed to be changing, so you see rumors are really just that until actually put on the open market. In any event we both have our preferences and one is just as good as the other.
Personally, I detest the Calvins. Just my opinion,each to his own. Fred

Old 08-17-2001, 07:54 PM
PowerStokeJunkieAlot
New User

Well that may be true, all of what you said.HOWEVERit still does not take away from how neat these warning labels are. I just ordered 3 more for my friends. In case you missed it, the link to the site is here:
http://www.cowboyfurniture.com/test.htm

Old 08-17-2001, 10:22 PM
fsd1250
New User

It's just a catch up game, dont forget the gm desiel was the weakest desiel out there for years. The ford PSD was finally surpased after what 10 years on top. Now in 2 or 3 years they will be on top again. catch up gm, if you can.

Old 08-18-2001, 03:08 AM
lvstang
Senior User

It's just a catch up game, dont forget the gm desiel was the weakest desiel out there for years. The ford PSD was finally surpased after what 10 years on top. Now in 2 or 3 years they will be on top again. catch up gm, if you can.

I may be mistaken but hasn't the PSD only been around 5 years or so???? The old 6.9 and even the non PSD 7.3's were absolute pigs.

Old 08-25-2001, 03:45 PM
dave thomas
Junior User

i like trucks

Quick Reply: Power Stroke Warning Label