Sponsored by:

tillamook wheelin

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Idiomaticman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tillamook wheelin

ok, as many of you know i am located in corvallis oregon, and well, the wheeling if killing me, its really far away to find anything decent. ive been to Shotgun Creek, and it was kinda weak, well, as far as i could find, i need someone who knows these areas to go with. ive heard that the tillamook is a good place to wheel, but i dont know where to go, i like trails, and mud, but i dont like body damage, i can put my F150 through some tight stuff though....im talking im not into the sluce tpye of trail, but i want a nice trial ride where i can climb, throw some mud around, and crawl a little too, and i heard tillamook was good for this.

Pro, i know oyu know about it, tell me where you wheel, im willing to drive an hour or so to wheel if thats what i have to do.

Anyone else in this area, if you wanna wheel, i wanna go with you. email me, im dying here.....i need to go wheeling!!

Idiomaticman

Old 02-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Djoffroad
Senior User
Rogers Camp & Browns Camp is near Tillamook on HWY 6. You will find a main entrance about mile post 33.

Here is a map of the trail system.......
http://www.odf.state.or.us/AREAS/nor...f/trailmap.asp

For a group to wheel with, check out..........
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/BrailleTrail/

Old 02-22-2004, 02:07 AM
Texan1983
Posting Guru
don't like body damage? boy you need to get over that!

Old 02-22-2004, 02:13 AM
Idiomaticman
Senior User
Originally posted by Texan1983
don't like body damage? boy you need to get over that!
Boy, no i dont. who wants to drive a clunker around all day, dont the freeway, everywhere. not me. ill admit ill push it real far, but im not going to trash it.....i dont mind scratches at all though......ill post some picks of a few weeks ago....its tight, and i came out without a scratch....

take a lookie at my truck....its so pretty.... ...i couldnt dent that up and make it all poopy lookin

Idiomaticman

Old 02-22-2004, 09:35 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea, TSF is your best bet for trail wheeling up here, follow the links that Dan (djoffroad) gave you. You'll get body damage up there though with a full size...in fact, Dan and I have wheeled up there before and if you notice in his avatar thats him on his truck thats upside down! You guys think I'm hard core, heeeellll no. St. Helens has some good stuff too, but its more in the nature of truck devouring mud. Don't forget about the bog up here next weekend.

Old 02-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Idiomaticman
Senior User
havnet forgot about the bog, im even bringing my g/f. i went wheeling today, in the shotgun creek area...its sucked....a lot. so, pro, you shoudl tell me when you are planing on wheeling next, im intrested in going with you all up there, i can handle a hour and a half drive, thats not bad.

so pro, is your truck going to be ready by saturday?? post some progress.

Idiomaticman

Old 02-22-2004, 09:58 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Its real iffy whether or not I'll be done. I finished rebuilding my Np-435 so thats good to go. I finally got all the rest of my parts the latter end of this week but was at the beach all weekend for my anniversary. Thought about wrenching the whole time. Well, maybe not the WHOLE time Anyways, I'll be able to get it all together this week, but I'll have to have my intermittant drive shaft cut, lengthened and rebalanced...unless I can find a junk yard shaft of the right length...which would probably nuke anyways. Anyways...I forsee getting held up by the ds but we'll see...

Old 02-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Texan1983
Posting Guru
adds character! but i don't mind driving a "clunker" as you put it. but hey i don't tell anyone how or what to drive, i think everyone can do what they want to there truck, i'm just giving you crap about it.

"take a lookie at my truck....its so pretty.... ...i couldnt dent that up and make it all poopy lookin "

can i start calling you pretty boy now? just messing with you!
i bet you have already come up with a name for me too (jackass maybe?)

Old 02-23-2004, 09:24 AM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Idiomaticman
Boy, no i dont. who wants to drive a clunker around all day, dont the freeway, everywhere. not me. ill admit ill push it real far, but im not going to trash it.....i dont mind scratches at all though......ill post some picks of a few weeks ago....its tight, and i came out without a scratch....

take a lookie at my truck....its so pretty.... ...i couldnt dent that up and make it all poopy lookin

Idiomaticman
puss

dude, chicks dig body damage.....let's them know you are rough but you get through! I wouldn't go out and start beating it with a hammer but I wouldn't mind rubbing up against a tree. Plus if they are with you when you do they will get all excited and makes for one helluva night at the camp

-jason-

Old 02-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Texan1983
Posting Guru
i knew i wasn't the only one who thought this way!

Old 02-23-2004, 11:14 AM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Yea, you should expect body damage if you hit the trails. Its just a fact of life...

In the brailletrail link that Dan gave we've had several roll overs in the group...