2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slight vibration under floorboard.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 09:58 PM
TNford27
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question slight vibration under floorboard.

Is any one else feeling a slight vibration or a light thumping on the floor boards,I have taken mine in to the dealer to be checked and the tech that drove it felt it to,around 50 to upper mph,it also seem's to be worse on warm day's and when the wind is blowing. The dealer checked with ford,and they said they were aware of the problem and was investigating the issue. That's been over a month ago,so I called dealer again and he said ford told him to try and find the problem themself's because no one else has this issue. Now this problem is not about to make me want to trade,but I would like it fixed,I told dealer that did'nt sound worth a s***, and he sad we are going to try to fix it. I personally think it's the insolation near the trans to keep off the heat. Any how,just wondering. STILL LOVE the truck.

Old 02-19-2004, 03:53 AM
fullauto1
New User
I feel your pain brother! I hope you stay right on your dealers back about this problem. My personal issue is with the front window moldings rattling. Its never the same conditions that will make it rattle. This has been an issue with my truck now for three months. The darn truck rides so quiet so that you tend to here every little shake, squeak or rattle. Service has been really good about trying to fix the problem though. It just gets real frustrating at times when the problem seems like it should be real simple to correct. Hang in there. Keep up the pressure

Old 02-19-2004, 03:57 AM
tritonking
New User
I 2 have heard alot about this problem, me and some friends think ford got a bad batch of slightly unbalanced torqe converters

Old 02-19-2004, 08:37 AM
RevAg12
Freshman User
Sometimes I feel a slight vibration in the accelerator on mine. I wonder if it could be a slightly unbalanced torque converter? The engine feels smooth, the truck feels smooth, only this occasional vibration. It does not do it when accelerating or at constant speeds above 70.

Old 02-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Labrador
Senior User
I just got back from my Ford Dealer a few hours ago. I’ve waited for 3 months...3 months to meet with a Ford Factory Rep. about the 45 to 65 mph vibration problem with my truck . The Rep claims the vibration is normal for a Ford truck and will not do any more authorized repair work on my truck to fix the vibration problem.
His only 2 suggestions were live with it or go to the Ford Dispute Settlement Board. Great customer satisfaction work Ford. The Dispute Board can make Ford do one of the following: replace, repair, extend the service plan, combination of the above, refund or nothing.
I’ve got my papers filled out tonight, requesting a refund. Great job on the 04 Bill Ford Jr. Quality is not Ford's job 1.

Old 02-21-2004, 03:10 AM
TNford27
Junior User
Labrador,Dude, If your anything like me,that would have ****ed me off,can you go through the lemon law instead of the dispute board? I can live with mine if I have to,don't want to,but I could. Im going back to the dealer one more time to see if we can find the problem,I gaurentee mine is the insolation around the trans,won't do it at a slow speed unless the wind is blowing hard,anyhow good luck with the truck.

Old 02-21-2004, 12:13 PM
mn 6.0
Senior User
G. M. is no better, that's why I drive a Ford now, but I'm finding out Ford's customer service is not the best either! So far no major problems with THIS truck. (time will tell) '04 Screw FX4