1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TT Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-1969, 06:00 PM
TT Mirrors

Old 02-22-2002, 09:39 PM
slammer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TT Mirrors

I just bought a set of power TT mirrors for my '00 SD EC 4x4 and the instructions showed that I have to take off the door panel to get at the wires located behind the speaker.

I scrolled the oodles of pages in our forum and found differing advice on whether the door panel has to come off.

HELP PLEASE !!!! If anyone can give me detailed directions, my wife would very grateful, otherwise she will have to do without an anniversary present cuz I spent the money at the FORD garage having them install them. And you know how that always turns out...

Thanks

Old 02-22-2002, 09:59 PM
abendx
Posting Guru
TT Mirrors

i just put mine on today.... you have to remove the door panel and the speaker to get to the wire. it is not behind the speaker, but the sound material is covered partly by the speaker.... you may be able to get to it without removing the speaker... but better to be safe and spend the extra two minutes.

Old 02-22-2002, 10:51 PM
Twinbulls
Senior User
TT Mirrors

Did mine awhile ago but as I remember, Pop that black trim piece off at corner above door panel,it just clips on.
To remove door panel remove window switches they also pop out, remove screw,remove marker light lens remove screw unplug light plug then you just lift straight up on the panel .
You will have to remove the speaker and unplug it to get to the mirror wires and plug.
Hope this helps, it took me about 30 min to install both.

twinbulls

Old 02-23-2002, 12:42 AM
Neil
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TT Mirrors

I hope this link still works: http://www.kwmuth.com/TechSupport/PDFs/21000220.pdf If it does, it give very detailed instructions with pictures on how to remove your door panel and mirrors. It is the instructions for installing the Muth Signal mirrors. Hope it helps.

Old 02-23-2002, 06:45 AM
sportscar
Senior User
Post TT Mirrors

I changed to the TT mirrors in December. The instructions seemed very long. Once I got started they were very easy to follow. Go ahead and take the panels off; its just a few screws and clips for the panels and 4 screws for the speakers. this way you wll have full access to the wire connectors. I did not use the extra pigtails supplied. Both mirrors can be done in less than an hour.

Old 02-23-2002, 07:43 PM
slammer
Senior User
TT Mirrors

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped. I installed the mirrors in less than an hour and it was extremely easy.

SUPERDUTY RULES !!!!!!!!

SLAMMER