Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Columbus Dealership Service Dept.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 12:50 PM
kass
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Columbus Dealership Service Dept.

Does anyone have any experience with Columbus / Columbus Metro area dealership service departments? I am looking for
a good, honest service department where I don't have to
argue and fight for TSB, recall, and other warranty work.

Old 02-07-2004, 06:44 AM
Caddy 53
Senior User

dealership

Kass:
I have been doing business w/KREIGER FORD Morse RD for many years. Just ordered And rec'd new F150 this month. They have service till midnight everyday. things are by appointment.
I live in Centerburg area and use Donaley Ford in MT Vernon Oh, also. They are conv for me on oil changes,but also use them for other things. Ask for DARLA This is a small dealership but more personal ,that means a lot.
Good luck
Caddy 53 Chuck

Old 02-08-2004, 08:07 AM
kass
Freshman User
Thanks. I am coming off three toyota's and have always had
great service from any toyota dealer. This is my first ford
(ranger) and so far I am pretty happy with the vehicle.
I prefer dealership service departments and have used
krieger on a few things already (I live near them) and have
been very satisfied.

Thanks for your time.

Old 02-11-2004, 02:24 AM
Scrapiron66
Senior User
I too have used Kreiger, was very impressed with their service and attitude. I used Grahm ford once in the past and swore I would never go back again.

Old 02-11-2004, 06:15 AM
kass
Freshman User
Smile

Thanks for the reply. I prefer dealership service departments
and always have had good service and reasonable prices.
Nothing against other non-Ford service shops, but I have
noticed with other cars that I have owned that the dealership
service personnel do have a considerable amount of knowledge on your particular vehicle.

Thanks again, I look forward to many years of fun in my new
Ford.

By the way, Ford Ranger received the second highest quality
rating that it could get in the latest Consumer Reports auto
review book.

Toyota's are good trucks, but way overpriced. I am going to
keep my eye on the new Chevy Colorado and this new 5
cylinder engine. Supposed to be pretty good. I was raised on
GM, but their trucks get way lower quality rating in Consumer Reports.

Old 02-14-2004, 05:20 PM
another_ford
Senior User
I hate to go against the grain here, but I have had nothing but bad experiences with Krieger. Last time that I was there, some one took my truck out for a joyride and then decided to steal some of my change. I'm never ever going back there for anything and I would not recommend them to anybody. I know experiences with dealerships are definitely different for everyone, it just so happens that mine were bad.

Old 02-14-2004, 09:09 PM
Caddy 53
Senior User

joy ride theft

another_ford:
What did you do about these things?Did you report the matter to Mike Smith or DOUG KRIEGER .What was the responce? Charges of theft can be serious. Do you have proof of the things?
Caddy 53 chuck

Old 02-15-2004, 04:34 PM
another_ford
Senior User
Caddy,
Yes, I've talked to a couple of people at Krieger and we have settled things. As far as if I am sure, well I made note of my odometer and gas gauge before I left the dealership (both were way different when I got back) and I don't really have hard evidence of the theft. But my ashtray was completely full of change when I took it there and it wasn't when I got it back. Couldn't have been more than a few dollars, but it is just the principle of the whole thing.
Things would probably be different if I went back, but I am just going to let things be and find a new garage. As much as I am paying for this truck, I would expect better service from these people. Here's a good example of what I am talking about:

I made an appointment to have a few things checked out (check engine light was on, driver's side window was rattling, passenger seat heater not working, and some out of place noises coming from the steering). I asked them how long it would be and they told me "It will be done by the end of the day." Well, at about ten o'clock that night I was wondering if they were planning on calling, so I decided to check up on it. They put me on hold for about 30 minutes and got back on saying that they didn't get around to finishing it. "Well, will it be done in the morning?" "Definitely, come around ten."
So, the next morning I give them a call to see if everything is ready. "yeah, come on in and pick her up." I got there at about 10:30 and they told me that it wasn't quite ready. Fine I'll just wait around until its done. Hour and a half later, no word on whether they were done or not. I walked back into the garage and saw that the passenger seat was torn apart. WTF? They tell me that the upholstery (sp) guy hadn't made it in yet, and it would be just a little bit longer. I go back to the waiting room and another two hours pass. Starting to get a little angry, I talk to one of the service guys and he tells me that they were bringing it around as we speak. Thank God, I can finally get out of here. I stood outside for half an hour and nothing happened. I went inside and the service guy I had talked to said "Damn, you're still here?" That is really not what I would expect one of my employees to say to a customer who had been waiting around for the better part of four hours, because of their mistakes. My truck was in sight back in the garage (running). I walked back there, to find that nobody was around. I got in, noticed that the temp gauge was way above normal (somebody probably out for a "test drive"), and then I left. I was told that the only thing left to do that morning was to put the seat back together. There was absolutely no reason for them to driving anywhere. From my experiences, this is the norm on how I get treated there. I am never going back there, not even for the last "free" oil change that I was promised. That is pretty bad, when I would rather pay for a forty dollar oil change than to get one for free.

Old 02-16-2004, 05:06 AM
Caddy 53
Senior User

service

another_ford:
Sorry your experiance wasn't Good. I have done business w/them since 1960. While all visit's were not perfect most were ok. I had a 66 fairlane 390 gt conv. that was a disaster from the start, but they kept working on it .It turned into a O.K. car.Not perfect but ok..Of course back then most everything from Detroit left a lot to be desired.
Like I said in early post I ordered new 04 150 from them. Due to convience I also use Donley Ford in MT.VERNON Ohio. I know many of the service people there.
caddy 53 chuck Centerburg

Old 02-16-2004, 06:12 PM
another_ford
Senior User
Caddy,
Like I said before, somethimes its just the "luck of the draw" when it comes to dealerships. The reason I went there in the first place is because they came highly recommended by a friend. This is only the second vehicle of mine to be taken to a dealership for repairs and neither were worth raving about. I just hope that others don't get treated the way I have.

Old 02-17-2004, 05:15 AM
Caddy 53
Senior User

kreiger

another_ ford:
I see that you have or had a few Mustangs in your shed. If you wish you might check out the MUSTANG CLUB OF OHIO.This club was first started here, has support from Kreiger.They may have somthing to offer you. I have been an unactive member since 1982. They have some Show's and other trips .
Theyalso have web site,however i have misplaced it. I'm sure you could dig around a little on your P.C. and find it.
Have good day caddy 53 chuck Centerburg

Old 06-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Olivia Kirkwood
New User
Avoid Krieger Ford

I took my 2005 Explorer to Keiger Ford, 1800 Morse Rd., Columbus, ohio; it was under warrenty yet they still tried to charge me $830 additional. After fighting tooth and nail with Mike Smith; they finally came down to $280 after admitting the mechanic screwed up the repair. The insurance paid them aprox. $1400.

After paying this amount the vehicle runs WORSE than when I took it in!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Olivia Kirkwood
New User
Cool Keiger Ford Sucks

ps They had my vehicle 10 DAYS for a job that should have been
done in 2 (MAX)!