Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need recommention:Aftermarket Parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 09:01 AM
underDAWG
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 94F150-408
Thanks for that link superdave.

Hey underdawg, thats interesting, the last time I had a vehicle with a part from a***z*** it needed replaced also, guess what? Brake rotor! humm, I see a trend in QA here.
Actually it was not a QA issue. The rotor wrapped becasue the damn tech in Sears over tighten the lug nuts.

When you go to a retail parts store, and want the best and not the cheapest, make sure you ask for the best. Everyone carries at least 2 lines of almost every part and usually only price the cheapest because only about 1 in 20 go for the best.
I am totally agree with you. I always go for the better quality one. Becasue the intensed competition in auto parts, all parts stores including NAPA carry alot of junk product lines. Just have to be a wise comsumer, do your homework. In fact many don't even carry good stuff anymore. For example, nowaday it is hard to find a store carry spicer u joint. When you go to the store they all give Brute Force junk. They all claim it is just as good. But it is not. I have two failed the first time on the trails, and also see many others have the same problem. When the U-joint goes, it takes the drive shaft also.

The bottom line is the parts supplier are changing. Many parts are come from off shore becasuse every wants to pay the least.