1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody got the bolt size for the bed tie-downs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 05:13 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 06-26-2002, 06:20 AM
jade97
More Turbo
Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Got a Duraliner last night & the supplied, longer bolts won't thread.

Old 06-28-2002, 09:32 PM
4x4x4x4
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

>Anybody got the bolt size for the bed tie-downs?
>
>Got a Duraliner last night & the supplied, longer bolts
>won't thread.

I don't have the size available right now,but I can get it for you in a day or so if you still need it.

Duraliner is who makes the dealer supplied beldliners for these trucks.Here's what I have learned from (the school of hard knocks)when I installed the Ford bedliner.The screw holes in the covers that are supplied for the front corners of the bed liner are probably not lining up.There isn't much clearance between the plastic screw holes and the screws so there isn't much room for screw alignment error.I trimmed the square hole in the bedliner a bit with a pocket knife until the holes in the plastic covers lined up with the threaded holes in the truck.If memory serves me right I trimmed about 1/8in.from the front and bottom edge of the tie down access holes on each side of the liner.Use a flashlight and trim the liner a little at a time until the holes line up or else the screws will cross thread.
I also had to open up a few of the tailgate cover screw holes because they were off location and the tailgate screws wanted to go in crooked because of this.A word of caution,don't overtighten the tailgate cover screws.The metal in the tailgate isn't real thick and the screw holes can be stripped out if you aren't careful.
I hope this helps and let me know if you still need the bolt size.BTW they are metric.

Old 07-01-2002, 06:35 AM
jade97
More Turbo
Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

The longer bolts that came with the liner seem to be made of a softer metal, so they strip easily. I got the 'stripped' ones to pull the covers in far enough to replace each bolt one by one with the originals. They seem to be long enough.

Thanks for your input!

BTW...does anyone have a picture of their SD with the Ford Accessory Fender Flares??