General Automotive Discussion

Mudding

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 02:29 PM
90ebbronc
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Mudding

How many of yall go mudding? Ive seen alot of ppl here that hit the rock or the trails, but its rare to see anyone talking about mud here.

Me personally, i stay away from rocks and trails that will cave in the sides of my truck. My bronco is my DD and appearence is important to me. I mud alot and my bronco knows what mud tastes like even up on the roof. So im just curious if anyone here muds, and if yall consider that "wheeling".

Oh and i cant mud where im at cause i live in the hills, dig down a few inches and u are hitting rock. So i just go down the road to the flat lands and mud the hell out of it

Old 01-21-2004, 02:36 PM
rebel_ford4x4
Posting Guru
i go muddin, not as extreme as id like to though being that my truck isnt very capable yet. but if i see a good mud hole or somethin, ill have some fun. id really like to get another truck and build it up so i can hit the big holes. someday when i have the money ill get it.

Old 01-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Hillbillywagon
Senior User
I used to do it all the time with my 90 and still do on occasion, but now if I want to do any real mudding I tend to get on my wheeler and go for a rip. I break way less stuff in the mud on the wheeler than I ever did in the truck.

All of my trucks though with the excption of my dodge (Its brand new and I want to keep it looking good) and my chevy (not a 4x4) do see a fair amount of mud just working them around the farm and at work.

Old 01-21-2004, 03:02 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,782 Likes on 1,348 Posts
All the 4x4's I acquire throughout my lifetime will be built specifically for the mud. I dont like rocks at all, and I dont mind trail rides.

Old 01-21-2004, 03:22 PM
wezol5484
Postmaster

my trucks seen its fair share of mud but i dont do it very often and try to stay outta the big stuff cause like what rebel_ford said mines not very capable yet. also its my daily driver and i dont have a job right now so i cant afford to break any thing

Old 01-21-2004, 03:43 PM
acerockola77
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've gone mudding several times nothing too serious, always with buddies that can pull me out when my 2WD gets stuck. With a junker that was laying around for a while (77 GMC 4x4) I used to abuse that thing completely every chance I got.

Old 01-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I take mine hunting and get a little silly in low lock and granny, letting her idle up some rutted and rocky trail/roads, playing around the reservoir or even backing up a skid trail, standing it on its nose to turn around on a narrow road. But look at the picture below, and figure that I have payments left.... then ask..does he mud?

NO FLIPPING WAY!!!!!

Old 01-21-2004, 04:46 PM
90ebbronc
Elder User
lol, id mud that thing for ya, lol ....... nothing serious but id get it dirty.

Rebel .... yeah im with u, right now its just small mud holes, but once i lift it ill hit some big ones. So far i have yet to get stuck. Im gonna go watch some mud bogs pretty soon, and see if i want to do that someday, but i dunno im not that much into breaking things, lol.

Old 01-21-2004, 05:21 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I compete in mud bogs and mud drags....also do some trail and light rock play.

So, yes.

Old 01-21-2004, 05:38 PM
cowlady
Elder User
I do! SO does my truck! LOL!

I have been mudding a few times & I loved it! I'd go more often but there are no legal spots anywhere near me & I can't have my truck impounded for a little fun.
I've also done the Level 1 trails at Paragon Park & they were awesome. A little bit of rocks, inclines, 3 point turns on TIGHT trails (I have a long bed), hills, some minimal water crossing & the only mud spot they had I had to pass up! Again, it was due to the length of the truck. I didn't want to lose my bumper - my truck is a DD also & my baby!
If anyone would care to join some of the NY Chapter this summer at Paragon we'd love to have you. We haven't set a firm date yet so if you want to go let us know ok? The off road park is in Hazelton, PA if you need to check mileage.
Hope some of you can make it!

Old 01-21-2004, 05:50 PM
bassdude
Elder User
people around here avoid the mud. it's all rock crawling. i have a bud with a sweet built scrambler. he won't go near the mud. i'll play in it a little if i get a chance. nothing to serious though.

Old 01-21-2004, 07:29 PM
christaylor
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i do job site muddin I ahve a couple of pictures in my galary of my last "adventure"

Chris

Old 01-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Nelled f-150
Junior User
yea im a mudder, never really liked the rock thing just thought it would tear everthing up more, but everone muds here in nocona tx, only one word to mud on here everone else had chained off mud spots

Old 01-21-2004, 09:22 PM
73highboy4x4
Senior User
i go muddin in the woods about 30 miles from home, there is only mud in the spring in the fall and alot of it the dnr has off limits, i dont go as much as i used to since my kids were born but now my son is 3 and potty trained so no i can take him out more, i know alot of people that used to play in the mud but they got tired of fixing there truck all the time so i go out alone alot, you have to realy trust your truck when you are alone in the woods 30 mile from anywhere and alot of times the cell phone does not work either

Old 01-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Nelled f-150
Junior User
Originally posted by Nelled f-150
only one word to mud on here everone else had chained off mud spots
only one road**** to mud here and its hard to get down, and ever one else has chained or fenced ever mud spot off

Quick Reply: Mudding