Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

How much is rent there?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 07:12 PM
bigblu
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We finally got here. I probably have the oldest truck out in my area. Which is kind of nice. We're trying to buy a small economical vehicle pretty cheap, we might hold off on putting the air in for now.

It seems like the only jobs I've been interested in is in Scottsdale. So, my gas hog is out of the question (condidering it has no a/c either). I just hope I can find a closer job.

Old 05-09-2004, 08:56 PM
PaulzF150
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you got to AZ! Hope you had no problems. Even though your truck drinks a lot of gas, it's paid for. Also, if you kept it this long, it must be giving you good service. You want to get the windows tinted, and make sure you Amour All the rubber moldings, tires, etc. What kind of work are you looking for? Maybe I can point you somewhere, you never know. Good luck.
Paul

Old 05-10-2004, 04:17 AM
bigblu
Senior User
LOL, problems? Let's just say, the Uhaul we were given rocked everytime there was a patchy road. We hit 70 mile hour winds, that was fun. There were more problems, but U-Haul ended up pulling the truck out of service. And to top it all, my toolbox next to me, and our son in the passenger side, I didn't sleep well when we pulled over.

Me, I've been looking at grooming jobs. I also applied at a shop that ships out and fabricates old mustang parts for restoration. Monday I'm supposed to be interviewed for cleaning jet nozzles. So, I guess you can say I'm open for ideas. I'd love to have a change in my work. I'm one of those adaptable women that can learn different trades.

As for my truck, it did so great for the trip. I haven't driven my truck for a long distance like that before. But, I haven't seen a 78 F-150 yet, kind of makes me feel special. You know, like driving an old t-bird through town. I did notice that everyone by us drives newer vehicles, especially F series trucks, alot of lifted trucks also. I honestly feel I live in truck territory. One thing that does drive me nuts is the car wash stations. There's more of those than self serve type ones. I'm used to doing it myself!! My truck needs a bath!!

Old 05-10-2004, 12:30 PM
wabiker
Posting Guru
...Be sure to check the temp agencies....Many companies use them to screen potential long term canidates plus it will give ya chance to try new things. We have temp agencies down here that cover everything from house cleaning to production engineering to day labor, some of them are more specialized than others so be sure to shop around....
G'luck...

Old 05-11-2004, 06:11 AM
V10man
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to AZ... Some advice. Do whatever you can to secure your truck. AZ is a hotbed for theives. What part of town did you move too?

Old 05-11-2004, 05:48 PM
bigblu
Senior User
We moved to Surprise, and I love it here. I like to watch the jets fly over too. But, my truck is not here, we had to buy an economical car. So, the truck is at a relatives house until our house is finished being built. Talk about this car not being my personality. I've gone from a 4x4 to a luxury car. AHH! I saw the 100th anniv. F-350 Powerstroke today, WOW, boy I'd like to have one of those.

I know about thieves, and my truck. My grandfathers Ranger was stolen out front of his house years ago. On my truck, I have a couple of anti-theft items for the tires, motor (chained), and others. Around here, I had the oldest truck around here, considering it's a 78.

Was pondering the idea of actually selling it. But, I can't. I start getting all teared up just from the thought. Once I fall into the right job, I'm going to push for truck meetings out here, because I want to play out in the desert.

Old 05-13-2004, 01:51 PM
PaulzF150
Senior User
I wouldn't sell that truck, being that you'll be paying 30K plus for a new one that is an equivalent of your 78. Plus The state of AZ is looking at the idea of exempting vehicles 25 years or older from emissions. You can get details on that from this url. You can register your vehicle here too.

http://www.adeq.state.az.us/environ/air/vei/index.html

Old 05-17-2004, 11:54 PM
bigblu
Senior User
You're right. My husband talked me out of selling it. A truck is more useful than a car. I'm going to try and smog my truck tomorrow, and get it registered. I hope it all works out, my husbands tools are buried in storage.

Old 05-18-2004, 01:33 PM
PaulzF150
Senior User
Being that your truck is a Cali truck, I wouldn't expect any problems. Cali has the most strict emissions standards in the country.

Old 05-20-2004, 05:24 PM
bigblu
Senior User
Tuesday, went to test it, and my tire valve was leaking. Had to put new valves in. Round 2 of emission testing. Yesterday, was told my pipes had to be to the back or sides. Had new pipes put on, of course it fails emisions. Hubby played with the timing, and it still didn't pass. GRRRRR... My Co's are too high, but the hydro's passed.

So, without my hubby's tools (buried in storage), he's playing the guessing game. I just hope we can retest it as many times until it passes. This is so frusterating.