1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

1965 F-100 Windshield Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 05:47 AM
Curt Lefferts
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1965 F-100 Windshield Wipers

Okay this sounds silly, but does anyone know where I can obtain windshield wiper refills, windshield washer parts, etc. The windshield wiper refills are just 13" NAPA & Advance both have nothing and can order nothing. Seems strange they are not exotic, just a simple plastic insert with a spring clip. As for the washer fluid parts, I have the original bag and the outlet ports, tubing is readily available. The issue is the pump and outlet assemblies.

Old 01-21-2004, 06:06 AM
ddavidv
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wipers...
If you have the original stainless holders, then you can just get refills. Anco still makes metal reinforced refills that are 'correct' for those holders. I used Bosch universal refills that can be cut to length, they come with a spring clip. I like the Bosch as they are a much better blade than Anco and last longer.

Old 01-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Curt Lefferts
New User
1965 F-100 Windshield Wiper Refills

I do have the original crome. Any idea where to obtain the Bosch

Old 01-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Curt-
Check out LMC.com or Dennis Carpenter.com; both companies sell chrome originial style wipers and all accessories. They will also send you a catalog for free.

Mitch

Old 01-21-2004, 02:37 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Partonizing FTE's sponsors is how you can show your appreciation for their helping to provide this site. Without them there wouldn't be an FTE site. I highly recommend you visit them before going elsewhere:

www.autokrafters.com
www.macsautoparts.com

Both companies will send you a catalog for free.

Old 01-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Sorry for stepping on anybodies toes;
I was not aware of sponsorships, beside Motorhaven store etc; And yes I have purchase my trucks body side moulding from Mac Auto Parts INC. (They where cheaper for the same product that LMC & D.C. sells; since all companies purchase there body moulding from the same company in Carolina).
Since Curt Lefferts is located in NJ; I thought that Dennis Carpenter in NC & LMC in Kansas are pretty close to his location.

Again sorry for the 2 cents worth. And Ken; thanks for your insight on our sponsor's........

Mitch

Old 01-22-2004, 05:28 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Curt, You can use longer blades. I think I have 15" blades on mine. The complete blade head can be easily replaced (snapped in). I don't know why Henery used those short ones originally.

John

Old 01-22-2004, 06:10 AM
Curt Lefferts
New User
Does anyone know what the winshield washer assembly under the hood looks like. I have the bag and it has the cover and suction assembly. I do not see any pumping mechanism though.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:09 AM
Customcab
Postmaster
Curt:
On the same fender wall in front of the washer reservoir(Washer Bag); should be a retangalur box with a round cyclinder on top that looks like a "D" cell battery in size, It is mounted with two to four rubber groments and screws, up too two on each side to the fender wall; it will have a wire connecting point on upper square portion of box and two port holes coming out of the bottom, tube's connect to these ports, one to the washer bag and the other line too a "T" connector under your hood between the two washer nozzle's on your hood, also the wire connection point will run along your fender wall too and thru your fire wall to a button located usually above your inigiton switch.
Hope this diagram helps explain the system.

Mitch

Old 01-22-2004, 12:31 PM
sixtyfive
New User
w/shield wipers, etc

hi Curt, I have a pump if you are in need, what state are you in??? drop me an E or post it here if you can, so we can get your wipers a wipin. As to the wipers, look at Checker,schucks or Kragen(depending on where you live) Should have the refills

If you need more help let me know...sixtyfive

Old 01-22-2004, 12:33 PM
sixtyfive
New User
Old 01-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Curt Lefferts
New User
Mitch - Thank you for the diagram it helps explain the mystery button and I have found the pump as you descibed. The hoses are missing but I can now replace them.

Old 01-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Customcab
Postmaster
Curt-
When I replace my hose's from pump up to hood nozzle's thier was a plastic "T" that connected the drivers & passenger side washer nozzle, the tubing and "T" connector can be purchase at most parts stores or hardware stores.

Order youself a couple of cataloge's; usually they show the parts printed to help you figure out what your missing and what you got. Another great source is your local junk yard for parts and comparison etc..

Good luck

Mitch

Old 01-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Curt Lefferts
New User
Mitch - I have ordered catalogs but they have not arrived yet. I did order the tee and I can get hose locally. My resivoir bag is split in the back I didn't realize it until I took it off the fender. I was able to find one of them at Old Gold in FLA. along with my signal light lenses and assemblies. I found the pump and suction assembly also. The next two items are the parking brake and horn. Thanks for your help.

Old 01-25-2004, 11:38 AM
truckfarmer
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay brother, give us more info on your parts source! What is Old Gold in Fla?

Quick Reply: 1965 F-100 Windshield Wipers