6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

RE: Dec. Flash-New Info

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 10:15 AM
emtabmm
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb RE: Dec. Flash-New Info

For all the 6.0L Owners that need to inform their respective ford dealers....

"As of December 12, a new calibration is available with the WDS B-29 software release. This calibration update has improved cold starting and initial take off enhancements and the correction of code P2263 that often appears in KOER tests, just to name a few.":

Old 12-18-2003, 10:18 AM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks, emtabmm, as usual, you are a lot of help.

Old 12-18-2003, 10:30 AM
emtabmm
Posting Guru
Well I try to stay on top of it...

Old 12-18-2003, 10:47 AM
Jim Diesel
Junior User
Question

emtabmm,

This is probably a stupid question, but I would like to know...when I call to schedule an appointment for a "flash", what do I ask for so I get the right thing done and they know what I'm talking about? The last time I said "flash" or "reflash" the service guy looked at me like he was a dog that had heard a strange noise.

Old 12-18-2003, 11:13 AM
emtabmm
Posting Guru
Tell them, " I am having issues with the driveability of my truck, I wish to have the latest computer upgrade done per WDS b29 software release." If they say they don't knmow about that release have them call Ford tech hotline to confirm and then download the new release.

Old 12-18-2003, 04:42 PM
ninelives 59
Senior User
thanks for the info..I am going to have mine done this weekend and hopefully get some of the lost fuel mileage back.....thanks again

Old 12-18-2003, 05:21 PM
psdwanabe
Senior User
Originally posted by SBV45
Thanks, emtabmm, as usual, you are a lot of help.
Yes, as always, very helpful. You know there are quite a few Ford diesel owner over on The Diesel Stop that could use your knowledge also.

Old 12-18-2003, 05:50 PM
emtabmm
Posting Guru
I'll have to check them out! Will they be upset that I don't own one?? LOL

Old 12-18-2003, 06:23 PM
psdwanabe
Senior User
Heck NO! They are starving for any info they can get just as we do here. I'm under the same user-name there. I hope FTE doesn't get upset that I'm giving them a plug here, but The Diesel Stop, just like FTE is a source for invaluable information. And the more sources we can get accurate info from (FTE, TDS and you) the better.

Old 12-18-2003, 06:43 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally posted by psdwanabe
Heck NO! They are starving for any info they can get just as we do here. I'm under the same user-name there. I hope FTE doesn't get upset that I'm giving them a plug here, but The Diesel Stop, just like FTE is a source for invaluable information. And the more sources we can get accurate info from (FTE, TDS and you) the better.
have them over for a late night reading on the FTE
some beer a bit of cheese
crackers

Old 12-19-2003, 01:05 AM
rimshoes
Senior User
If i go to the ford dealership and ask them to update my computer are they going to program to stop the pilot injection sequence ? Are the new injectors not able to do pilot injection, i hear ford was just going to do away with this altogether. Should i force ford to change my injectors ? My truck was manufactured in June of '03. I have not had ANY problems so far and i have 10 grand on the odo. I will crawl down FORD's throat and never rest if they have sold me a POS. I went to ford because alot of the horse people use them to pull their rigs. The 6.0 is a hoot and i can not wait to chip the damn thing. But, i am going to wait until everything is settled and navistar comes clean. So far though, i can pull my 2 horse steel gooseneck like a charm.

Old 12-19-2003, 05:21 AM
emtabmm
Posting Guru
rimshoes, if you are not having any issues do not potentially create them. Wait until the spring flash arrives. I am sure it will be annouced here and elsewhere.

Old 12-19-2003, 07:17 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally posted by rimshoes
If i go to the ford dealership and ask them to update my computer are they going to program to stop the pilot injection sequence ? Are the new injectors not able to do pilot injection, i hear ford was just going to do away with this altogether. Should i force ford to change my injectors ? My truck was manufactured in June of '03. I have not had ANY problems so far and i have 10 grand on the odo. I will crawl down FORD's throat and never rest if they have sold me a POS. I went to ford because alot of the horse people use them to pull their rigs. The 6.0 is a hoot and i can not wait to chip the damn thing. But, i am going to wait until everything is settled and navistar comes clean. So far though, i can pull my 2 horse steel gooseneck like a charm.
Why are you saying two different statements here? In one, you state “I have not had ANY problems so far and i have 10 grand on the odo.” well do you like your truck. The next “I will crawl down FORD's throat and never rest if they have sold me a POS.” by your own admission in the line above you love your truck, and have not had any problems. This sounds to me as though you have read an incredibly small portion of statements about the vast number of 6.0 and have managed to get a bit up tight about a truck that……..for you……is working to great expectations.

I have said this before, do not look for problems, there are thousands out there that have no problems, and the ones that do, they are being fixed by Ford. Probably better than all the folks that own Dodges with the ball joints falling off while going down the road. Dodge will not fix them unless you sign a release statement (on the world news last night) ……….. Ford…………they fix um!

Keep driving and having fun, I do not know about the chip thing………….but!

Last edited by IB Tim; 12-19-2003 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:41 AM
emtabmm
Posting Guru
Well said....

Old 12-19-2003, 08:34 AM
"Luke" SdeS
Elder User
FM Wanabe
,You know there are quite a few Ford diesel owner over on The Diesel Stop that could use your knowledge also...
Actually, those inidividuals should be quided here; what ask emtabmm have to take the extra time and effort to seek them out. I'd suggest they come here....simple courtesy.

Quick Reply: RE: Dec. Flash-New Info