Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inspection @ 190K

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 11:43 PM
myngos211
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inspection @ 190K

Hello, I have a 95 F-150 Super Cab and was just wondering what stuff should be looked at during the next checkup. I have nearly 190,000 miles on her. She is running horribly and I'm pretty sure I know what the problem(s) are but nonetheless, I was wondering what I could expect in to have to replace when I bring her in. You know, the normal wear & tear items that need inspecting at this mileage level. Thanks!

Old 12-15-2003, 12:03 AM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Long before 190,000 miles, all expectations break down. What needs to be replaced at that point is a function of how the truck has been driven and maintained, and a good dose of luck.

It would literally be nothing more than wild guessing for anyone to start naming parts.

Old 12-15-2003, 12:05 AM
acerockola77
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What engine does it have, and what do you mean by "running horribly"?

Old 12-15-2003, 09:06 PM
myngos211
New User
Originally posted by andym
Long before 190,000 miles, all expectations break down. What needs to be replaced at that point is a function of how the truck has been driven and maintained, and a good dose of luck.

It would literally be nothing more than wild guessing for anyone to start naming parts.
Yeah, I guess you're right. LOL It's got me this far! It's been driven pretty easy, hardly ever carry loads and mostly taken me from home to work and back again. Maintenance on the other hand has been nothing less than neglectful I hate to say. Change oil when ur supposed to and check the fluids regularly is about it....air filter changes too I should add.

Old 12-15-2003, 09:19 PM
myngos211
New User
Originally posted by acerockola77
What engine does it have, and what do you mean by "running horribly"?
Well, it has a 5.0L fuel injected, 2WD. I posted here a few months back, I tried to find the post but didn't find it. Still the same problem which is that there is hardly any power left, sucks gas (guessing less than 10MPG), ticks when "under stress" which could be anything to carrying a riding mower to driving into a strong wind. I think most of the problem is still my Catalytic converter. Haven't brought it in to have it checked out but there is a very strong odor...kinda like gasoline but not quite so that's kinda why I'm thinking its the converter not doing it's job anymore. Still has stock on it. I don't see any holes but I can hear an exhaust leak. That and the plugs are probably fouled from it burning too rich all the time....etc. Replaced the O2 sensor and it seemed better for about 10 mins then went back to poor running. It starts great and runs reasonably but wouldn't trust it to take me more than 50 miles away from home if you know what I mean. Please don't spend time thinking about what other causes it may be, I've posted before but just haven't acted on the info yet...too poor! So don't waste your time, all appreciated of course.

The one thing I did have in my head when I posted was the fuel injectors, how do you know when they should be replaced? I'm one to incline, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...lol.