Maturity

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 02:37 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maturity

I think we know where this is going. Let bye-gons be bye-gons guys. Tom, I apologize if what I said offended you. I hope you'll be back because I still have to race you in H-Town! Garrett, Jimmy, and myself included:

Let's try and stay on topic from now on. I think we've apparently shown that getting off topic leads to pointless fights. I'll be totally mature from now on if that means keeping everyone here. Tom, lets have it bud. Cheers!

true4.2

Old 11-14-2003, 04:52 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hate to back-track to find what I have just found. Just when I get comfortable with all the goofy antics from you guys, you go and self-destruct.

I guess there is a method to the madness after all. Maybe the guidelines do serve a good purpose after all......

==============================================
2. Be Courteous and Respectful - Ford Truck Enthusiasts is a Family
Friendly web site.

2.1 Do not post mean-spirited, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit,
racial epithets, harassing, abusive, hateful, libelous,
expletives, derogatory or defamatory words or phases, in any
variation.

2.2 Do not use symbols to mask profanity and expletives. Example:
#@)$#&!# is allowed, "*****" or "@ss" are not allowed.

2.3 Do not post any material or comment that is badgering, heckling,
antagonistic or considered to be "baiting" others into an
unproductive conflict.

I hope fences can be mended. I'll be happy to help in any way I can.
Feel free to contact me (e-mail) if you'd like.

Thanks guys.

Old 11-14-2003, 08:36 PM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
I agree with you on staying on topic, Joe. Somethings people say just strike a nertve, and I appologize to You, Brian, and everyone else for that. On a second note, if something this petty is going to have someone flip out, and violate the rules here at FTE, oh well. Everyone broke one rule or another, so oh well. I'll stick to the topic at hand, which is tech only.

A side thought though Brian, Could we possible archive some of these dead threads? Or how does that work? There also might be a few that have nothing to do with the original post...so I understand that some of the info in the early thread is what people are looking for.

Once again, I appologize if I offended anyone. But I still mean what I say. Hope we can all just get along.

Garrett

Old 11-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Busa01
Postmaster
Is this not a good forum to belong to?

Doesn't sound that friendly. What's going on?

new guy

Old 11-15-2003, 09:26 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Its a great forum to be on, the best actually. As with any large community, individuals sometimes get into arguments.... the nice thing is they've put it behind them, at least most of them have.

Old 11-15-2003, 10:21 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
FTE is a GREAT web site and the 4.2 is a great forum. A few feathers got ruffled here recently. But it was - as far as I can tell - confined to a few guys whose bantering back and forth got a little carried away.
Things always manage to work themselves out though. Like families, school, church, etc. . . . get enough folks together and there's bound to be the occasional subject and discussion that everybody finishes and then says "hmmm, we'd all be better off if that had never come up".

I think it was one of those......

Old 11-15-2003, 11:11 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Tom,

Please quit the games. Busa01 and Tomlongo have the same IPs plus its a little obvious when Busa01 has tomlongo in the user registration.

Just be cool about it and come back without playing this way. Others have tried to extend the olive branch.... all you have to do is reciprocate and put this behind you.

Old 11-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Busa01
Postmaster
Ken,

you could have emailed me directly with this problem.

There are no games being played here.

I made a mistake by becoming personally involved in other members of this site.

I originally signed on to this site to gain information and to share my knowledge as well. Not to be criticised for my actions on a personal level.

I signed back on under a different user name so that I could start all over again and remain anonymous so that I can learn and share information on an un-personal level, as was the reason I came here in the first place.

I guess I won't be permitted to do that now. Thanks.

Like I said, a direct email would have been the best way to handle this, I wish you would have done so.

I am only seaking to share knowledge on a hobby we all love, our trucks. I feel that involving ourselves on a personal level destroyed that.

I apologize again and I'll just hang at another site. But still Ken, thanks for all the help with the Diablo chip and best of luck in the future.

Tom

Old 11-16-2003, 06:33 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Tom,

You seriously think people didn't figure it out without my help? I didn't even look into it until 3 people reported that they thought both users were the same user. Your posts gave it away.

I don't see why you have to let this continue, apologies where offered by individuals. All you had to do was accept and reciprocate then move on to the business at hand (trucks) and it would have been water under the bridge.

The reason I didn't email you directly is because of this:
------------------------------------------------
"Is this not a good forum to belong to?

Doesn't sound that friendly. What's going on?"
------------------------------------------------

What was that about? Poking a stick at us for fun?

The only one running off is you, even after an apology by someone was offered, and they asked you to stay.

Old 11-16-2003, 06:49 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
And still does I might add no hard feelings Tom

Old 11-16-2003, 08:49 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Tom,
Just in case you happen to cruise back through....
I knew when I typed the post above that Busa01 was Tomlongo. Nobody had to tell me. It was pretty easy to pick up on. Remember, you told me you rode a Hayabusa .
In all seriousness, the SINGLE BEST THING you and the rest of "The Group" can do is put this crap to bed, and be done with it. Park the Hayabusa and come back as Tomlongo. Attempts have been made to mend fences, so, everybody swap olive branches and get back to the business at hand.
I tend to believe folks here when I read "no hard feelings".

You guys are the ones who seemed to be making the best of FTE. It's up to you all if you continue doing so.

Old 11-16-2003, 09:47 PM
strick88
Senior User
counldnt have said it any better..........

Old 11-16-2003, 11:39 PM
MrBean1130
Senior User
well i've just been reading along this whole time.. i think its time i say something since i've been watching from the sidelines. What was said definitly not on topic, but oh well. Tom, if you like to do crazy stuff, go for it. We aren't your mom and we shouldnt tell you not to do stuff like that. The only reason people said stuff is because you are obviously a cool guy and they were trying to look out for you. What if you get in a wreck and seriously hurt yourself, we may never get to see your truck! ..... but its been said before, let by-gons be by-gons and just go back to being tomlongo. Thats the dude we all like.

Beau