1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a day

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 06:53 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a m*@&^$ ^@!*^r of a day.

Get the truck out of the garage this morning, just like any other day. My driveway to the garage is a steep incline. I back out, close the door and the truck dies. Too much clutch, too little gas. Start it again, put it in reverse, BAM!! chalk up one garage door as extict. I had it in 1st. Front of the truck is scratched, bumper dented, grille broken. Garage door gone. Go to work, pick up some plywood to cover gaping hole. Get one of the guys to come back and help. Remove 2 bottom panels of garage door. I go in the house to get a drill bit. I come back out in time to see the two removed bottom panels falling into the bed side of my truck. The helper proped them against the retaining wall and the wind blew them down. Now a nice 3 ftX3" scratch down the side, with a crease.

Get back to work, leaving to go look at a project, I am backing up, a car comes up the drive unseen by me. Back right into his new Toyota Camry. Red paint all over my bumper, big *** dent in his toy. Dent hell, his passenger door is in the middle of the seat. That all takes two hours to get straight. In the mean time, my boss is on the Nextel every 5 minutes wanting to know where I am, I have the only plans to the building and the only survey. Contractors and utility people are all there waiting.

I go out after work to get in my now beat to sh^t truck, that at 7:00 AM was still brand new and shining from yesterdays detailing. The frickin front left tire is flat. I get that changed, start it up get home, start backing into a spot next to the drive and the damn thing dies. No lights, no nothing. Dead. I am not in the mood to screw with this now. It will wait till morning.

So, your day wasn't so bad afterall, now was it?

Old 10-27-2003, 07:16 PM
firecat
Freshman User
:-staun

Old 10-27-2003, 07:22 PM
abendx
Posting Guru
damn!

Old 10-27-2003, 07:35 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow......

Old 10-27-2003, 07:42 PM
Palumbo
Freshman User

I guess there's only one thing to do after all that,

Octoberfest anyone?

Old 10-27-2003, 07:42 PM
99f350sd
Lead Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Chit man thats one bad day. Sounds like you are handling it pretty good. Some guys would be havin a nervous breakdown about now...Tomorrow's a new day right?

Old 10-27-2003, 07:50 PM
grnacres
Freshman User
After going thru the garage door you should have gone back inside and put your jamies on and went straight to bed. You would have alleviated all the other bad that happend that day.

And I thought my day was bad. I got kicked in the jimmies when we attempted to arrest a parole violator. I take that any day over recking my beloved truck.

Old 10-27-2003, 07:51 PM
m350
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn !!! , I hope this day ends without any more pain to you or your truck,,

Old 10-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Palumbo
Freshman User
OH MAN!!!!!
YOU GOT KICKED IN THE JIMMIE'S? YYOOOUUUCCHHHH!!!

When you say attempted - does that mean he got away?

Just curious.

Not that we expect you chase after having your Jimmies kicked.

Old 10-27-2003, 08:46 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
Originally posted by Palumbo

I guess there's only one thing to do after all that,

Octoberfest anyone?
You would think. But Nooooooooo. I get into the freezer for a bottle of capt morgan. There is about a tablespoon left. Small party last night watching the Chiefs game, depleted my on hand stock. Stoliz gone, tequila is shot. I'll just have a beer or two and hope my house remains standing the rest of the night. Crappy thing is that the truck was the minor stuff compared to some of the other things today. Hey, anyone want to go in on lottery tickets with me?

Old 10-27-2003, 09:20 PM
FortyFords
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you believe in All Hallows eve ! a little early, cause man your truck is possessed !!!!!!!!

It attacked your garage door with a vengence!
Then to attack a Toy like that!

You need to get an exorcism for it!!!!!!

Monsta knows some native tribul traditions ,I'll bet

Rich

Hang in there,hang10!
better days are ahead (can't get any worse)

Old 10-27-2003, 10:20 PM
grnacres
Freshman User
Palumbo

My partner caught him. He new better then to get to close.

Old 10-28-2003, 12:33 AM
cgl
Posting Guru
holy wow! My day now looks a lot brighter, and i thought falling off the tailgate on my quad (the ramps slipped backwards) was bad. That just pulled the plastic cover off and made a nice dent when the swingarm hit the metal. Atleast I know the line-x held up good!

I guess it could always be worse though.... your little buddy is still attached right??

Old 10-28-2003, 08:14 AM
carter1
Freshman User
I think I still have some meds left over after my wreck last August, sounds like you could use them!

Old 10-28-2003, 08:38 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
Oh man! hang10, I'm really sorry about your rig. If that had happened to me and my X, I would have been beyond furious. To be honest, I probably would have broken down crying. My rig takes a beating one after another; all this after I put so much love and tender feelings into washing and detailing it too. Then all these things happen to it?!? Bed would have been a great idea for me. Sure, it would all still be there when I got up, but I'd feel a little better about it. I hope you can get it all taken care of.

Quick Reply: What a day