Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Bigger Injectors - Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 07:14 PM
ford f250sd
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Injectors

I just have a couple questions about fuel injectors. I have a 1999 ford f250 sd 4x4 V-10 and was wondering What pound injectors these engines have? What is the advantage of bigger injectors I realize this will mean more fuel, but with the computor don't this tell the injectors how much fuel to put into each cylinder? Does these bigger injectors help in performance? I have put the K&N GenII to get more air in and a bigger exhaust to get it out. Now i'm wondering if any body has done this mod and does it help? what injectors to use?
Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks!!

Old 10-07-2003, 03:16 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I cannot remember off-hand the injector size.

I only know of mrrottndog as someone who has installed larger injectors.

He is also Supercharged amongst other goodies. *Ooh, hold on...I'm getting tingly thinking of his truck and how it attracts Hooter girls..........**cold shower**.........okay...I'm better.*

I would imagine that increasing the injector size would create a need for either a custom burned chip or at least some type of computer reflash. (Not even sure if the latter is possible...)

Old 10-07-2003, 10:23 AM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru
Well next week I should have 42# injectors installed in my eXcursion. This will be my 3rd set. I have had problems finding the correct size.

I first got 42# injectors for the V10 from BOSCH and also a 255 lph in tank fuel pump and had my custom Diablo chip re-burned to run these mods (yes... you do have to have a custom chip if you change injectors).

Took the X and the new goodies to the speed shop for installation. The fuel pump I was told to get turned out to be to large. Soooo the fuel pump was sent back and exchanged for an in-line 255 lph model.

A couple of months passed and I decided to go back to the speed shop and try it again. This time they removed the injectors and found the Bosch 42# injectors would not fit. I sent the Bosch injectors back and they ordered a set from Ford Racing. By the way Ford Racing sell their injectors in sets of 8 or 4. So if you have a V10 you have to buy 12 and they are not cheap.

A week passed and the injectors arrived. These were not the same as the stock ones either and would not fit. After calling Ford Racing again I found 2 different models of injectors have been used in the V10. The EV1 and the EV6. Apparently I have the EV6 and had been getting the EV1's.

I had a truck show out of state coming up the next week... so I had to have them put the stock injectors back in. That was back in May. I was disgusted with the whole project until this week when I ordered what I hope will be the correct injectors. Should know in a couple of weeks.

I would certainly think the cost of bigger injectors would not be worth it unless you run a supercharger. As with many performance mods it's a chain reaction. You need to make additional mods to take advantage of the mods you have already made.

P.S. MONSTA.... When you gonna post some pics of your new ride? Still trying to make that superduty grill fit in it?

Last edited by MrRottnDog; 10-07-2003 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:58 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Originally posted by MrRottnDog
P.S. MONSTA.... When you gonna post some pics of your new ride? Still trying to make that superduty grill fit in it?
Pics; soon. I want to put it in some interesting spots.

I did have it levered off the ground yesterday. But I didn't have my digital camera. Right front was hanging in midair, the truck was full of kids and that IRS was doing an admiral job of tackling some really rough terrain that no sane person driving a 40K SUV would ever consider attempting.

The lure of this particular 4WD ONLY beach is just too great to worry about silly things like body damage.

Darn SD grill won't fit! Neither will the new '04 F150's. Looks like I'll have the stock one chromed or something. Can't just drive it around stock ya know!

Old 10-07-2003, 03:52 PM
ken04
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Monsta

I did have it levered off the ground yesterday. But I didn't have my digital camera. Right front was hanging in midair, the truck was full of kids and that IRS was doing an admiral job of tackling some really rough terrain that no sane person driving a 40K SUV would ever consider attempting.

The lure of this particular 4WD ONLY beach is just too great to worry about silly things like body damage.

Darn SD grill won't fit! Neither will the new '04 F150's. Looks like I'll have the stock one chromed or something. Can't just drive it around stock ya know!
FYI, this months issue of 'Truckin' has an advertiser that swears they can make a billet (or whatever type you'd like) grill for ANY vehicle. They ask that you send yours to them. Of course they had all the typical 1/2 ton Chebbie flames, dice, skulls, and etc grills but also had a few that even us Ford owners would like. I will look at the mag tonight and get the name of the company.

Old 10-07-2003, 03:54 PM
jaxf250
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Toyzzz....... gotta luv 'em !!

Old 10-08-2003, 11:46 AM
ken04
Posting Guru
Originally posted by Monsta

Aim Industries has a custom grill offer in their ad. Maybe they can help. justhoods.com was the address I think, hope this helps.

Old 10-08-2003, 02:17 PM
ken04
Posting Guru

I love those flag graphics in your rear windows, which look suspiciously close in size to my windows in my E-350. Where did they come from ? Thanks.

Old 10-08-2003, 02:36 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru
Check Your Mail!

Old 10-09-2003, 11:49 AM
ken04
Posting Guru
Check Your Mail!
I did, thanks man. I'm on it, I loved those. I'm wondering how it will work with the dark tint that I have. Is the tint on the Excursion the same ?

Old 10-09-2003, 12:04 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru
They go on the outside of the windows... So it covers the tint all together. It's like a big perforated vinyl decal. Be warned.. When they are wet you can't see out.

I have seen the type that go on the inside but not certain where to get them. You might try the places I suggested for both styles.

Last edited by MrRottnDog; 10-09-2003 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:37 AM
v10Mustang
Junior User
as for your injector concern about being wrong. They sell a wire adaptor to use old style injectors on new style injector's. They only difference in the two is they changed the injector connector.
I don't remember who sell's 'em though

Old 10-11-2003, 11:34 AM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru
THANKS or The INFO! I'll look around for them. If you happen to remember who sells them... or if anyone else knows let me know.

Old 10-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Originally posted by ken04
Aim Industries has a custom grill offer in their ad. Maybe they can help. justhoods.com was the address I think, hope this helps.
I couldn't get that address to work. I'll "google" for AIm Ind. though.

I will not put a billet grill on my truck. They are just too damn popular. Everybody has one. Even little freakin' VW's and Nissans!!

I need something a bit more classy. (No tribal flames for me. Very gay.)

Chroming the grill keeps poppin' in my head...

Old 10-11-2003, 06:17 PM
jaxf250
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick Reply: Bigger Injectors - Worth it?