1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

Disable alarm on 1993 E150 van

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 01:24 PM
smcnaughton
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disable alarm on 1993 E150 van

The alarm on my 1993 E150 van goes off without cause. I have to disconnect the battery for peace. How do I disconnect and disable it completely. Any help would be helpful

Old 04-03-2004, 01:10 AM
geson
Freshman User
which alarm?

Originally Posted by smcnaughton
The alarm on my 1993 E150 van goes off without cause. I have to disconnect the battery for peace. How do I disconnect and disable it completely. Any help would be helpful
Are you talking about the seat belt reminder or the ignition or door ajar?

Old 04-10-2004, 08:57 PM
Fordcr
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my 92 has an alarm. The tamper circuit in the ignition cylinder seems to have been the cause of my false alarms. the brains of the unit are behind the panel behing the drivers door... not easy to get to. I played the pull the fuse game but could not isolate to just the alarm lost power locks also. good luck!

Old 04-30-2004, 09:01 PM
nightowl_52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 92 E150 developed a strange problem with the alarm system as well. I'm not sure if it's a factory alarm or dealer installed alarm. It does the whole 9 yards like doors,engine cutoff, and all that. It seems to react to power drain on the battery like a light going on.
But anyway, one day I tried to start the motor and the starter seemed to be having trouble engaging the flywheel and I thought the starter was going out, but I remembered that these fords have a starter switch that will cause that same reaction. I changed out the switch and it still did the same thing. One of my son's friends was over the house at the time and told me a friend of his had the same problem once and it had to do with the alarm system. He told me to push in the emergency switch hidden under the dash, you know,the one to get the motor started in case your remote fails, and try to start the motor at the same time. Well that was the problem, it started right up. For the time being I've removed the wires from the switch and have them twisted together but every once in a while the alarm will go off driving down the road and I have to push the remote button to stop it. I put a post in here a while back for a wiring diagram or schematic for the alarm system on these vans and got replies saying that there was not any standerd alarm used in these vans, but I feel that it must be factory because it's pretty damn involved into the electrical system.

Old 04-02-2022, 02:21 PM
Wvwife
New User
Help me?

Originally Posted by nightowl_52
My 92 E150 developed a strange problem with the alarm system as well. I'm not sure if it's a factory alarm or dealer installed alarm. It does the whole 9 yards like doors,engine cutoff, and all that. It seems to react to power drain on the battery like a light going on.
But anyway, one day I tried to start the motor and the starter seemed to be having trouble engaging the flywheel and I thought the starter was going out, but I remembered that these fords have a starter switch that will cause that same reaction. I changed out the switch and it still did the same thing. One of my son's friends was over the house at the time and told me a friend of his had the same problem once and it had to do with the alarm system. He told me to push in the emergency switch hidden under the dash, you know,the one to get the motor started in case your remote fails, and try to start the motor at the same time. Well that was the problem, it started right up. For the time being I've removed the wires from the switch and have them twisted together but every once in a while the alarm will go off driving down the road and I have to push the remote button to stop it. I put a post in here a while back for a wiring diagram or schematic for the alarm system on these vans and got replies saying that there was not any standerd alarm used in these vans, but I feel that it must be factory because it's pretty damn involved into the electrical system.
can you tell me exactly where this button is? My husband's van is doing the same.thing and he is so frustrated,I'd love to be able to help him.