Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Lemon 2015 F150 Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 04:30 AM
Northernf150platinum
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemon 2015 F150 Platinum

I have to let you guys know, trust me I think my truck is beautiful and I love all the accessories but Ford customer service (Elizabeth) said they don't care who I tell so here goes. I purchased a 2015 F150 Platinum and it has been nothing but a nightmare. The glass roof was leaking so I took it to the dealer 3x they finally replaced it. However it was still leaking so the whole inside of the truck got wet. They had to replace the whole wiring harness and computer. I left the truck at the dealer looking for a resolution from June 2016 - December 2016. They ended up sending it to auction without telling me, I had to pay 1200$ to get it back. Ford sent me to the dealer the dealer sent me to ford then to ford legal? You can only contact them via mail? I didn't hear anything back for 3months only to receive general paperwork on all issues I have had. The truck has spent probably a total of 3 months in service. I got the truck back in February. Now after a week the truck would not run properly engine light on again. I took it back to the dealer and it needs a new turbo and manifold. So far they have also replaced the radiator fans, fuse box, front camera, the rear back up sensors work intermittent, Bluetooth is intermittent, 110v adapter, the front doors don't open or unlock in cold weather (I have to crawl through the back doors if I'm lucky??), the exhaust leaks (they say it's normal?) the roof rattles like crazy and the drivetrain has a wining noise. This has been a complete nightmare I've received no support from Ford and have had to keep paying for a vehicle that is obviously majorly defective. I'm so discouraged and Ford doesn't care. I've bought over 10,000$ worth of accessories for the truck had the underside rubber coated to protect from rust I wanted to keep this baby for a long time. I hope no one had to deal with anything like this. Again please don't hate I just want you to know, if things go majorly wrong Ford doesn't care. The truck has 40,000KMs I am in Canada so no lemon law. I'm going to have to sell it so it will probably end up in the USA so some other poor person will be stuck with it. It's just not right.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:14 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Northernf150platinum
I have to let you guys know, trust me I think my truck is beautiful and I love all the accessories but Ford customer service (Elizabeth) said they don't care who I tell so here goes. I purchased a 2015 F150 Platinum and it has been nothing but a nightmare. The glass roof was leaking so I took it to the dealer 3x they finally replaced it. However it was still leaking so the whole inside of the truck got wet. They had to replace the whole wiring harness and computer. I left the truck at the dealer looking for a resolution from June 2016 - December 2016. They ended up sending it to auction without telling me, I had to pay 1200$ to get it back. Ford sent me to the dealer the dealer sent me to ford then to ford legal? You can only contact them via mail? I didn't hear anything back for 3months only to receive general paperwork on all issues I have had. The truck has spent probably a total of 3 months in service. I got the truck back in February. Now after a week the truck would not run properly engine light on again. I took it back to the dealer and it needs a new turbo and manifold. So far they have also replaced the radiator fans, fuse box, front camera, the rear back up sensors work intermittent, Bluetooth is intermittent, 110v adapter, the front doors don't open or unlock in cold weather (I have to crawl through the back doors if I'm lucky??), the exhaust leaks (they say it's normal?) the roof rattles like crazy and the drivetrain has a wining noise. This has been a complete nightmare I've received no support from Ford and have had to keep paying for a vehicle that is obviously majorly defective. I'm so discouraged and Ford doesn't care. I've bought over 10,000$ worth of accessories for the truck had the underside rubber coated to protect from rust I wanted to keep this baby for a long time. I hope no one had to deal with anything like this. Again please don't hate I just want you to know, if things go majorly wrong Ford doesn't care. The truck has 40,000KMs I am in Canada so no lemon law. I'm going to have to sell it so it will probably end up in the USA so some other poor person will be stuck with it. It's just not right.
Wait, What?
I have never heard of a dealership sending a truck to auction and not telling the owner then having to pay to get it back......

Old 03-19-2017, 08:31 AM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I think we are missing a huge gap in the story.

If the truck was accidentally sent to auction by the dealer, then it's on the dealer for the cost.

Sounds like to me you should have let it get sold, and start over with another truck.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:51 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Not saying anything is amiss here, I'm naturally cynical, but I can't fathom this going on.....I know I ain't the sharpest pencil in the box, but......

Old 03-19-2017, 09:54 AM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We get these about once a month. A new user comes along, drops a major rant and then never returns. Doesn't really matter what the OP's original intent is...troll, venting, or a mix...it's completely pointless. It would really suck if this story is true. But this forum isn't a resolution board. And like most posts of this nature, it's obvious parts are missing from the story. Chances are those parts are important to the overall story but not the one the OP is trying to weave.

Moving on...

Old 03-19-2017, 09:59 AM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
New user, just joined today. One rambling incoherent negative post. Seems suspicious to me.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:47 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 215 Likes on 181 Posts
I'm with Neal. The truck has 40,000 miles on it, so it's been around the block a few times. If the dealer was nice enough to send it off to auction, I would have let it go and let them replace it with another. So I agree, there is some major gap in the story here.

Old 03-19-2017, 12:28 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
Maybe Canada is different, in the US a dealership can be in deep legal trouble auctioning a vehicle they don't hold a title to.

Old 03-19-2017, 12:43 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by xr7gt390
Maybe Canada is different, in the US a dealership can be in deep legal trouble auctioning a vehicle they don't hold a title to.
Absolutely, then he had to pony up 1,200 to get it back......I'd be calling one of them guys that advertise on the bus stop benches

Old 03-19-2017, 01:02 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Paying to get it back sounds an awful lot like a repo fee.... Just sayin!

Old 03-19-2017, 01:07 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
I'm smelling what you're steppin in Frantz, but just giving the OP the benefit of the doubt.....Kinda.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:08 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
It's actually 24K miles, 40,000 KMs. But still.

Something is wrong here.

The glass roof was leaking so I took it to the dealer 3x they finally replaced it. However it was still leaking so the whole inside of the truck got wet.
How does the entire inside of the truck get wet from a leaking sunroof? I would think the water would drain out somewhere, and certainly not take the computer with it.

Either someone flooded the thing (thinking the dealer or a friend/relative) and they didn't tell you, or something else is fishy. Someone left the sunroof open, it rained for a week and didn't 'fess up?

Subscribed.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:09 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
One other thought is that the owner didn't pay the payments while it was with the dealer, and they did repo it.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:16 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Makes more sense than not Art. There was just so many issues with the post....Hell, I didn't know where to start....if I were him, I think I'd lock myself in a nuclear bunker or something, I've finally found someone with worse luck than me!

With all the issues listed, Front Camera, 110V outlet, rear back up sensors, Turbos,Bluetooth, whining driveline, etc.....sounds like the truck got wet alright, like "immersed"......

Old 03-19-2017, 01:47 PM
Christian's1988Ford
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Something about this does seem really fishy...

I've been here for about a year, and I've seen plenty of posts like this, and it's always regarding a 2015+ F150, always a new user, and that user NEVER responds.

We should start calling users like this Tokyo Roses, assuming they're trollers. It seems like their only intent is to demoralize us, making the newest F150s look like garbage, as well as add 'another' failed drivetrain or major Ford part to the list.

If this user's problem is real, I give them all the sympathy in the world, but something tells me they won't return.

Quick Reply: Lemon 2015 F150 Platinum