2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

It's time to order. Any good dealers in Seattle area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 12:19 AM
klbrown
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It's time to order. Any good dealers in Seattle area?

I'm ready to order and asking if anyone in the Seattle or Puget Sound area has
gotten a good deal.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:54 AM
AMXDREAMER
Posting Guru
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
With the strong US dollar, come on up to Abbotsford BC and talk to George MacDonald at MSA Ford.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:38 AM
adam2017
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff Wing at Bickford. Very smart and the order process was great. He was able to answer all of our questions and got a great deal IMO. Order to delivery out here will be about 8 weeks. Mine should be here March 24th! Tell him Adam and Katie sent you.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Stalwart
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff Wing at Bickford agreed. We bought a 2011 Raptor at Bickford at MSRP no haggling, hard to do in those days. They are $10k up on the new ones but everyone else around here is $20-25k up right now. We just bought a '17 F450 from him. Stuart and Jane say "Hi" as well.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:31 PM
347Flatty
Senior User
Originally Posted by klbrown
I'm ready to order and asking if anyone in the Seattle or Puget Sound area has
gotten a good deal.
I emailed about 10 dealers in the area to check out what they were offering some good some bad. Bickford was higher than a few others i contacted. Have you found a dealer that has what you want? To be fair, I do like Bickford and my dad bought his last truck their but they weren't on my list because of price.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:13 PM
klbrown
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I just started contacting dealers. Bickford offered MSRP. I countered with an offer but haven't heard back yet. I'm waiting for a couple other dealers to get back to me. I'm not looking to steal their lunch, but I also think they have some wiggle room. We'll see.

I pretty sure I'll have to order to get the options I want and/or don't want.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:18 PM
LOWRPMTORQUE
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 347Flatty
I emailed about 10 dealers in the area to check out what they were offering some good some bad. Bickford was higher than a few others i contacted. Have you found a dealer that has what you want? To be fair, I do like Bickford and my dad bought his last truck their but they weren't on my list because of price.
So, who was good?

Old 03-05-2017, 02:21 PM
347Flatty
Senior User
I just started contacting dealers. Bickford offered MSRP. I countered with an offer but haven't heard back yet. I'm waiting for a couple other dealers to get back to me. I'm not looking to steal their lunch, but I also think they have some wiggle room. We'll see.

I would settle for no less than invoice if I were you which is a few thousand roughly under msrp. That gives both parties a deal. If you want some help or a reference pm me. Fyi, I am in no way affiliated with anyone and do not work in the industry.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:31 PM
adam2017
Junior User

Look at their new inventory and the "sale price" vs MSRP. You should be able to get close to the same deals when ordering. I ordered and got roughly 10% off MSRP. AND, that was just the talk during ordering. I plan to negotiate a bit more when the truck shows up.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:41 PM
347Flatty
Senior User
Originally Posted by adam2017
Look at their new inventory and the "sale price" vs MSRP. You should be able to get close to the same deals when ordering. I ordered and got roughly 10% off MSRP. AND, that was just the talk during ordering. I plan to negotiate a bit more when the truck shows up.

That is likely including rebates and incentives. There are also different markups per model and options. What was invoice on yours?

Old 03-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Stalwart
Senior User
Looks like Bickford is approaching invoice for the Super Duties from the advertised prices I see. Good thing about shopping there is good inventory and vehicles to choose from, EXCEPT if you want a F450, nobody stocks many of those.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:54 PM
347Flatty
Senior User
Originally Posted by adam2017
Frequently, lot vehicles are discounted greater than placed orders from my experience and searching. Common sense tell you that placing an order is almost zero work for a dealer to sell the vehicle and should in turn be the best deal offered. Unfortunately not.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Stalwart
Senior User
Originally Posted by 347Flatty
Frequently, lot vehicles are discounted greater than placed orders from my experience and searching. Common sense tell you that placing an order is almost zero work for a dealer to sell the vehicle and should in turn be the best deal offered. Unfortunately not.
My experience as well, I don't special order any more after my favorite fleet guy retired. I get a decent price on vehicles in stock now, I don't go for every penny, my time is more important. Give me a fair deal or I go elsewhere, I don't do the endless back and forth.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:15 PM
347Flatty
Senior User
Originally Posted by Stalwart
My experience as well, I don't special order any more after my favorite fleet guy retired. I get a decent price on vehicles in stock now, I don't go for every penny, my time is more important. Give me a fair deal or I go elsewhere, I don't do the endless back and forth.

If you know what you want it makes things easier. What I would recommend if you want a lot purchase is to browse trucktrader.com and use the filter to find what dealer has trucks that you like and negotiate price from there. I was very specific on what I wanted and didn't want for options on mine, so I special ordered. I ordered on 1/3 and should be picking it up tomorrow.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:35 AM
coolidge54
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I shopped from north of Seattle to Salem, OR and never did find a dealer up near Seattle/Tacoma that was willing to discount much when ordering.

Assuming you don't have a trade...both Courtesy Ford and Suburban Ford near Portland were willing to custom order for 10% off MRSP. Both low balled me on my trade however so I ended up buying off the lot at Canby Ford, they gave me a fair price on my trade.

Quick Reply: It's time to order. Any good dealers in Seattle area?