2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Canadian 2017 F-350 SD Lemon - need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 05:27 AM
RJC2
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't blame you brother! That's a load of big nickels for something that doesn't work. Are they providing you a loaner while they have your truck? When I had that "problem child" truck I insisted that they provide me with (at the very least) an F150 as a loaner as I needed a truck not a puddle jumper that rattled the bolts and plates in my spine. I put a load of miles on those trucks during that time.

Regarding the GMC. Be sure to ask a bunch of questions. My friend just traded his 2015 GMC Duramax for a 2016 Duramax because it leaked oil like a coffee filter. The 2016 is leaking too. There's another thread on this site that shows a 2017 starting at -10 degrees and that thing started HARD. Its oil pressure needle was buried at 125 lbs. at 925 rpm. That's more pressure than a fat chick's flip flop, no wonder they leak oil!

Old 01-31-2017, 09:04 AM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GMC and Ford is all you see at work on rigs where I am at. The odd time you see a dodge but it's rare.

I did some poking around and seems like Ford feels entitled to say it's under warranty and we will fix it. But not give you any information how, when, why etc 7 going on 8 weeks of troubleshooting is excessive.

After fighting I finally got a loaner with winter tires to drive up north on ice roads. My winter tires on a beat up dirty smelly f350. I could have bought the truck for what I am paying out in payments.

Ford states right on their site and manual "absolutely committed to customer satisfaction" "Attention to detail and customer satisfaction is our promise" "Arriving at your destination safe and sound is what matters most to us"

Old 02-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Melansk
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sleepyguy
I purchased a new 2017 F-350 SD Diesel crew cab short box ultimate lariat start of October and had loads of issues with it. In fact I would say the truck has been in the shop 1/3 of its life and still in the shop.

I am looking for advise who to reach out to and perhaps ideas. The dealership is helping but not getting it solved. I reached out to Ford Canada customer support as well.

Problems are from factory and are the following.

1. Rear brake was installed incorrectly. Fairly easy fix after 130kms there was a smell and squeal. Shop visit 1.

2. Tailgate step did not eject. After two visits they finally took it apart and told me there was bed liner spray on it. Shop visit 2 and 3.

3. The center screen went blank on start up and recovered in 5 minutes. I sat in the parking lot in reverse blocking the lane until it recovered. It seems to reboot several times before recovered. Shop 2 and on going.

4. Two separate paint streaks yellowing on the white truck under the clear coat. Ended up needing roof repainted which took a week. They took over 4 weeks to get an answer from Ford on warranty the paint. Shop visit 2 and 3.

5. Lock and unlock functions not working. Truck some times will not lock or unlock. Applies to all doors, both fobs, and keyless entry. Eventually it works if you leave the truck alone for a few minutes. No fix in site for this and repeating the problem is not easy. Shop visit 2 and on going.

6. Backup camera turns on and stays on while driving around when never used reverse nor changed gears. Only happened 3 times thus far. Shop visit 2 and ongoing.

If you total my hours wasted on this it would be over 100. Canada apparently does not have a lemon law but a dispute system or I seek legal advise.

Can anyone provide advise or contacts a person can reach out to? It's not my first Ford but at this rate it will be my last. All I want is what I paid for a fully functioning $85,000 truck.
Frustrating for sure.....
Mine was bought in Sept of 16. It's a 2017 F350 Platinum and so far the issues i am having/had are;

Both rear door locks not working with the fob or manual.
Leaking water through GPS antenna on front of cab. Water would come through the up lifter switches.
Moisture in both headlight assemblies, replaced with new ones.
Drivers seat bottom moves when I turn corner, they said could not find the problem. Still doing it.
Infotainment system no audio from, radio, satellite, phone, or voice commands, will not update. Replacement unit on order.
Sticky auto running boards.
Rail dust from transportation.

Mine has been in the shop numerous times already, my 2015 Platinum by comparison was never in the shop for anything.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:22 PM
AbitaPro
Senior User
Ford Mobility?😂😂😂

Originally Posted by Melansk
Frustrating for sure.....
Mine was bought in Sept of 16. It's a 2017 F350 Platinum and so far the issues i am having/had are;

Both rear door locks not working with the fob or manual.
Leaking water through GPS antenna on front of cab. Water would come through the up lifter switches.
Moisture in both headlight assemblies, replaced with new ones.
Drivers seat bottom moves when I turn corner, they said could not find the problem. Still doing it.
Infotainment system no audio from, radio, satellite, phone, or voice commands, will not update. Replacement unit on order.
Sticky auto running boards.
Rail dust from transportation.

Mine has been in the shop numerous times already, my 2015 Platinum by comparison was never in the shop for anything.
And Ford is developing self driving cars, Ford Mobility is going to connect your life or whatever.....

Most of the reported complaints of today's vehicles have been electronics, seems like they can't get the basics working today! Your radios, the doors, the dash, but no worries!
😂😂😂😂😂

Old 02-02-2017, 03:01 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I sure hope SleepGuy gets some resolve, this is crazy. Exactly why I bought warranty and service to 7 years. All the electronics scare the crap out of me compared to my 6.0 diesel. I was very lucky with few issues, all resolved by me, but I know when I am beat by the level of tech in this new truck..... I really hope I never have a warranty visit, but if I do, I will the extra to push the issue.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:21 PM
AbitaPro
Senior User
Too Techie

Originally Posted by mhoefer
I sure hope SleepGuy gets some resolve, this is crazy. Exactly why I bought warranty and service to 7 years. All the electronics scare the crap out of me compared to my 6.0 diesel. I was very lucky with few issues, all resolved by me, but I know when I am beat by the level of tech in this new truck..... I really hope I never have a warranty visit, but if I do, I will the extra to push the issue.
The new design F series and Super Duty's have too much tech for me. Maybe if I was young and had more patience, but I just like things to work. You know, if I lock the door, I expect them to lock. If I disconnect the trailer I expect the dash to display correctly. If I turn on the heated and cooled seats I expect to be comfortable and have to lower the setting to remain comfortable. If I drive thru the car wash, I don't expect my headliner to get wet. If I drive a little and move a little in the lane, I don't want my truck to tell me to stop and buy coffee. If it's cold outside, I expect my doors to unlock, and remain locked while driving. If I buy a new truck I don't expect to have to go out right away and buy new shocks to try and stabilize the ride. I need to be able to see and distinguish my dash controls and door locks at night, and not have to fumble a get distracted while driving.

In summary just to damn old to buy a new truck! But I enjoy looking and maybe one will come along that will work for me. Until then hope all of yours are good.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:44 PM
82_F100_300Six
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Unfortunately most of these auto repair places don't operate on first in first out. The problem child that nobody knows what to do or how or doesn't care collects dust while the easy quick stuff becomes priority one.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:48 PM
17450KR
Senior User
In aviation, we call that the "hangar queen"!

Old 02-02-2017, 05:41 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The new tech all is pretty easy to use and set and forget. Simple dash buttons for tow/haul, engine brake, traction control on/off, BLIS on/off.

You can also order an XL, or XLT version without much of this stuff. I considered that too. The thing is the seat adjust-ability on long trips, heating and cooling, heated steering (I like now, didnt think I needed) is all for a much better experience on the long hauls. Adjustable pedals, tilt and telescoping steering too, being able to adjust and not get cramped up in one spot for an 8 hour drive is pretty nice. I will likely not use the Nav much in my province, I drive it all a lot. But I do really like the stereo sound, the USB inputs, the SeriusXM, and blue tooth. It doesn't take long to get used to and the driving is much better on these newer trucks, I am coming from a 2005.

I double dog dare you to test drive a few. :-)

Old 02-02-2017, 08:25 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
Originally Posted by Sleepyguy
I have officially lost all respect for Ford Motor company. Latest email from customer relations representive basically stated that despite what Ford has written on the manual and on their website.

Customer satisfaction and safety is not Fords priority.

Hard to think I have owned a Ford of 8 years prior and been happy only to meet a road block. Apparently 7 weeks of troubleshooting is not enough time to warrant looking at replacing a vehicle.

And yes legal is the likes is in the works. Safe to say I will likely be on GMC forums asking questions in the near future.

You would think a large company would stand by their product rather then say we need more time but confident it will be fixed. We are committed to fixing your truck. For months at a time.

Yes I am bitching but my voice will remain loud on the subject.
just bullchit . shame on ford ... they care less about you . its just bottom dollar , my lawyer be so far up there butt . this is deffinately my last ford truck .. never should have came back .. and mine has been awsom .

Old 02-03-2017, 06:40 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 535 Likes on 259 Posts
It's very naive to think GM, RAM, or some other company would do anything different.

Going to a GM forum, mostly full of GM fans just as we are full of Ford fans, and asking them about how their trucks are and how warranty is...gee...I wonder what the response will be?

I'm sorry to hear about the problems your truck has going, Sleepy. I've been down this road before with two other brands. Had a 2002 VW EuroVan that was rusting while still covered by the rust warranty. VW utterly refused to help. The warranty clearly indicated they needed to fix...went to the regional rep, advocate, other dealers...same routine. Legally we would have won...but for the cost and hassle...we simply paid a body shop.

Worse was a 2005 Land Rover LR3 with a failing engine VVT. The thing would rattle like crazy on startup. Despite bringing it in to multiple dealers and them hearing and noting the sound...they claimed "a noise does not constitute a failure." They would not touch it. Nothing like having your nearly brand new Land Rover sound like a bucket of marbles every time it starts in public. Guess what...eventually paid over $3k to the dealer and had them fix. It was a great vehicle for the most part. Yes, they should have covered it...but that's life. All the brands are the same, and it is silly to think differently. Every one of them has the same goal - keep warranty repairs to a minimum. Those friendly (and sometimes unfriendly) people you speak to from the manufacturer's customer service line are all paid and trained to get you off the manufacturer's back.

If you're sick of Ford because of this...well, I understand the frustration. Go buy a GM or RAM...maybe it will be great...but it won't be as good.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:14 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
So great. Don't know how to fix them. Lmao.

Originally Posted by troverman
It's very naive to think GM, RAM, or some other company would do anything different.

Going to a GM forum, mostly full of GM fans just as we are full of Ford fans, and asking them about how their trucks are and how warranty is...gee...I wonder what the response will be?

I'm sorry to hear about the problems your truck has going, Sleepy. I've been down this road before with two other brands. Had a 2002 VW EuroVan that was rusting while still covered by the rust warranty. VW utterly refused to help. The warranty clearly indicated they needed to fix...went to the regional rep, advocate, other dealers...same routine. Legally we would have won...but for the cost and hassle...we simply paid a body shop.

Worse was a 2005 Land Rover LR3 with a failing engine VVT. The thing would rattle like crazy on startup. Despite bringing it in to multiple dealers and them hearing and noting the sound...they claimed "a noise does not constitute a failure." They would not touch it. Nothing like having your nearly brand new Land Rover sound like a bucket of marbles every time it starts in public. Guess what...eventually paid over $3k to the dealer and had them fix. It was a great vehicle for the most part. Yes, they should have covered it...but that's life. All the brands are the same, and it is silly to think differently. Every one of them has the same goal - keep warranty repairs to a minimum. Those friendly (and sometimes unfriendly) people you speak to from the manufacturer's customer service line are all paid and trained to get you off the manufacturer's back.

If you're sick of Ford because of this...well, I understand the frustration. Go buy a GM or RAM...maybe it will be great...but it won't be as good.
they the best. . 2. Months n counting . Sounds like they need new help. Better help.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:47 PM
82_F100_300Six
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
So I guess the cause of his problem is a bent or missing pin a BCM or chafed/pinched harness somewhere...?

Old 02-03-2017, 02:56 PM
WyoBull
Laughing Gas
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts
I really do not have any advice for you except that I would seriously consider getting rid of it and getting a 2016 in the same configuration. They are proven, there are a lot of them left over and you could get probably the same configuration as what you have now in the mid $50's, US dollars.
I hate to hear of your problems and wish you the best of luck in remediation.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:54 PM
rustyshakelford
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FOUNTAIN 1
they the best. . 2. Months n counting . Sounds like they need new help. Better help.
Man I know you've gotta be pretty sharp and seems like you run a successful business but sometimes I have no idea what your talking about? Then you say how this is your last ford when you haven't had any issues with it right? Why are you so critical? I know you invest heavily in your trucks but give it a chance. I had a lemon ram and it was a nightmare to get them to do a buy back. I tried the new truck out and kept it for a few years but after my dealing with ram custome service decided to try something new. I haven't had a trouble free experience with ford but at the end of the day I'm extremely pleased with the product. To sleepy, I can't stress the importantance of a dealer that's a customer service advocate, sounds like your dealer isn't greasing the right wheels. I know you've got to be frustrated

Brett

Quick Reply: Canadian 2017 F-350 SD Lemon - need help