General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

3 Things Donald Trump Got Wrong About Ford Motor Company

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 02:49 PM
Curated Content Editor
Fleet Mechanic
Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

Old 10-27-2016, 07:53 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
"Should he become President, Donald Trump proposed a 35% tax on all cars that Ford builds in Mexico to sell in the U.S.Such a tax would cost Ford $2.8 billion dollars in just one year of imports, which is more than their profit for their most recent, very successful quarter.spell financial disaster"

well,not that i want to support Trump,for the love of sanity lol but to this comment; well yeah.that's his whole reason (at least saying) he'll do it.so that ford wont move production into Mexico.lmao.it's not so that when they move,they're pay more.he's trying to find ways to penalize co's from moving out and bringing in goods made cheaper elsewhere which (god i hate to agree with anything this clown says) he's right of course.this is the whole reason why America is in the tubes because we're not making anything here anymore.
not that i think Trump would have a a hope or prayer of doing such a thing but,i just found it amusing the way the author (probably deliberately) missed the point is all.

A for effort.
F for execution.

Trump's tariffs would never work to solve anything anyway.it's all a bunch of bs.people don't have enough jobs,so not enough money now.you wanna tax them to pay more with money they don't have to "make china pay" when they go shopping lmao.crazy.just something to say cus he hasn't got much else to go on.shows how clueless and disconnected he is,is all.like all politicians.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:44 AM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If it's the official position of this site to start engaging in politics, ban me now and have a nice life. One friggin place to explore a passion and you just couldn't resist. I'm out!!

Old 10-30-2016, 03:53 PM
old farm truck
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most of the factories were outsourced to China and the tariff Trump has proposed is nowhere near enough to bring those jobs back.

Instead we will have to pay 35% more for things we used to produce ourselves. And the tariff revenues will end up in the federal treasury while Trump and his rich friends congratulate themselves for being smart and not paying taxes.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:07 AM
Ron94150
Postmaster
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Hum, looks like he won, and fords staying here.
Just sayin.