Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a Ford F250 dually

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 09:47 PM
lambone
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying a Ford F250 dually

Hey, Anyone know of a reputable auto shipper they can recommend for shipping a truck from Fresno CA to Austin TX area. I can't find anyone who will ship a dually without a major upcharge and the reviews are horrible for almost all shippers. I had a vehicle shipped about 15 yrs ago and had no problems back then but all i find are horror stories everywhere I look now. When this truck gets here I will be selling my 86 F250 ext. cab 6.9 IDI 4spd. w/87k original miles, very clean truck.

Any info or help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
JB

Old 10-21-2016, 09:54 PM
78 PEB
Cargo Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
No such thing as a F250 Dually........unless it is a hack job by a previous owner. Might want to be sure what you are buying. Duallys were F350 or larger.

Old 10-21-2016, 10:00 PM
lambone
Senior User
No sir, a 1997 factory built custom ordered cab and chasis (bed delete) F250 HD extended cab dually with an aftermarket custom built flatbed. And this is not the first F250 dually I've seen, especially in Texas. Definitely not a chopped up hack job...

Old 10-22-2016, 08:19 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,107 Likes on 2,168 Posts
not factory. ford NEVER EVER made a f250 dually. ford also NEVER EVER made a F250 cab chassis truck. dually and cab/chassis trucks were F350 and larger ONLY

if it truly is a F250 with dual real wheels, it was custom made in someones garage, or by an aftermarket firm, not by ford.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:15 AM
lambone
Senior User
I did some digging into older threads and almost everyone seems to agree to your point that FORD never made a truck like this but here it is anyway. The original owner ordered it from a local FORD dealer, in their commercial sales dept, as a 1997 F250 HD cab & chasis, bed delete, LWB dually and had a custom fab'd bed installed and has every piece of paperwork ever written on this truck since day one. It was built at the KY plant as an Incomplete Vehicle as the door sticker and VIN shows. I haven't picked up the truck yet, still looking for a shipper...I'd prefer to have it shipped in an enclosed trailer but all say it is too wide to fit?

I may have to fly out and drive it back to Texas. I'm hesitant to do that as the miles on it are under 62k, again documented religiously. He also added aluminum rims and a US Gear splitter to go along with the 460/5 spd. The man I bought it from is getting on in age and prefers his other truck with an automatic in it. It looks mint inside and out, top to bottom and he was meticulous in the trucks care.

Regardless of what everyone thinks it is or isn't, I'm really looking for a referral for a shipper. If anyone can recommend one, you can reply here or PM me.

Thanks for your interest.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:32 AM
78 PEB
Cargo Master
I understand that your original post was just looking for a referral for a shipper, I wasn't trying to sound like a jackass..........just hate to see someone get ripped off. I would like to see some pics when you get the truck in your possession. If it is what you think it is.......and I highly doubt that it is.........it would have to be the only one in existence......I would research the rear axle code that should be on the door jamb sticker and see what rear axle was installed at the factory. Id be willing to bet that it doesn't match what is currently in the truck. Remember.......some people will tell you ANYTHING to make a sale.........just do your research and make a careful purchase.......good luck!!!

Old 10-22-2016, 09:43 AM
Cruiseomatic
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why would a 250 even have a dually axle?....... I'd want to see a build sheet on that honestly. Something is up here. Even a VIN would shed light on it.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:57 AM
lambone
Senior User
I ran the VIN through one of those decoders and this is what came back:

VIN:

1FDHX26G3VEA03334

WMI / VDS / VIS:

1FDHX26G3VEA03334
Manufacturer:

Ford Motor Company USA Incomplete vehicle Ford Motor Company USA Incomplete vehicle

Brand:

Ford

Model:

F-250 Super Duty

Region/Plant:

Louisville Kentucky United States

Check:

Year:

Sequential number:

Approx. mileage:

179,830 mi.

Get Vehicle Records

Get Complete VIN audit

Extra information on the vehicle:

* Illustration shows model only
C346 APA MCA China, 7.5L OHV EFI NA V8 Gas, Ebony

VIN Number: 1FDHX26G3VEA03334
Primary Features
Build Date: 16.08.1996
Vehicle Line: C346 APA MCA China
Body Style: Super Single Cab
Version: 350 Series
Engine: 7.5L OHV EFI NA V8 Gas
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Drive: LHD 4WD (PTD)
Axle Ratio: 3.55
Emission: California Emission Requirements
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Paint: Ebony

Minor Features

Medium Opal Grey
Less Second Unit Body
XLT
Kentucky Truck Plant Build
Less Special Equipment Package
With Convenience Group
8800 LB. GVW
With Power Equipment Group
With Carpet Floor Covering
With Noise Insulation Pack
With Running Boards
Chrome-Plated
With Drivers Power Mirror
With Passenger Power Convex Mirror
Super/Super Single/Super Cab 4 Door
With Front Licence Plate Bracket
With Steel Spare Wheel
7.0 X 16" Forged Aluminium Wheel
LT235/85R-16E BSW A-S Tyres
With Conventional Spare Tyre
With Heavy Duty Suspension
With Handling Package
Rear Axle Limited Slip Differential
7.5L OHV EFI NA V8 Gas
Man Transfer Case And Man Hubs
With Tilt Steering Wheel
With Speed Control
With Tachometer
Elect Prem AM/FM Stro/Disc/Clock
With NAAO Radio Frequency
Roof Marker/Clearance Lights-Conv
With Light Group
Ebony
350 Series
5 Speed Manual
C346 APA MCA China

See also:

Get Vehicle History Report

Ford VIN decoder | Ford Specs and features | Ford problems, recalls and complaints

So does this seem to be a F250 but with a F350 series build history?

Old 10-22-2016, 10:04 AM
Cruiseomatic
Posting Guru
Where does China come into this, Anywhere? Which decoder did you run it through?

Old 10-22-2016, 10:09 AM
lambone
Senior User
China? I don't know what that refers to either but in some older threads I read, it was listed in some of the Vin reports too. Anyone??

The site was

vindecoderz.com

Old 10-22-2016, 10:13 AM
Cruiseomatic
Posting Guru
Unless they have some connection with Ford, How in the hell do they know all that information? Is it accurate with the truck? I don't know, Something seems off. The VIN doesn't have ALL that info in it. And I still want to know why China is coming up in the report...

Think I solved the china mystery. I ran a whois on the site and it came back with some interesting results. I wouldn't run any of my VINs on this site....
Here is the WHOIS report for it:
http://whois.domaintools.com/vindecoderz.com

Have you tried DAS? Dependable Auto Shippers. I used them in 2012 without a problem. El Paso, TX to Houston was only like $300 for a '78 F250 Ex-Cab LB that barely ran. Driver was foreign but very nice and had very good communication.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:20 AM
78 PEB
Cargo Master
It says 350 series in a couple of different places............So Im betting it is a 350.......possibly been wrecked and slapped back together with a front clip from a 250 and whoever did it was too stupid or lazy to swap out the emblems???? I'm afraid I'd steer clear of this one.........too much not adding up.......and I don't get the China part either.....

Old 10-22-2016, 10:24 AM
lambone
Senior User
everything it list is on the truck, I don't know how it has all that info available? Has two be a computer program that has linked access to additional info. I plugged in my old truck VIN and it all came back accurate too. I wonder if "China" is code for something else? Not the country? Someone out there must know???

Old 10-22-2016, 10:30 AM
lambone
Senior User
It also says F250 Super Duty in a few places on the report too? Again, everything on that decoder is on the truck so I'm hesitant to think a wreck or a salvage as no accidents show up in report and only one registered owner from day one & the service records are there from day one, even the gas receipts. Only Chevron Techtron Premium ever run through the truck. Meticulous records doesn't describe the file with the truck.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:40 AM
lambone
Senior User
I'll see if I can get a good pic. It has a F350 front axle, as the wheels show and it is a 4WD.

Quick Reply: Buying a Ford F250 dually