2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

READY to buy a truck. 12 weeks ordered and still no date.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 12:23 AM
LEDman
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
READY to buy a truck. 12 weeks ordered and still no date.

So I've ordered a blue loaded Lariat with black leather and front bench, about twelve weeks ago, but the sales guy is not the best at communication. I finally called his boss this last week and he told me he wasn't able to get an ETA or build date because ford's site was being weird. Have any of you seen a 250/350 short bed similar to the one I've described above? Hopefully west of the Rockies. The one I ordered MSRP'd about $69k but dealer was going to sell it for about 8k below. If I found another blue one, I think I'd jump on a plane. Seems like the only three colors that have been released to Utah are white, black, and magnetic. Love those colors but it's starting to look like those will be the only color of 17s in Utah, so I'm holding out for a solid blue jean.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:02 AM
Force74
Senior User
How about a DORA (its basically a confirmation back from Ford that they have received your order... it stands for Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment). Your dealer should get one of these as soon as the order is picked up by Ford. It took my dealer two weeks to get one, but with 12 weeks gone by, your dealer should certainly have one. If they don't, IMO, something's wrong....I'd start looking for other dealers. I agree with you on the blue jeans color too. I have seen one though. When I picked my truck up, my dealer actually had one on his lot. It was already sold, but its a sharp color.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:32 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'd start looking for other dealers
Why is this the go too? Ford has been slow in getting the orders processed, that's to be expected on a new launch like this. So you want one sooner, ask the dealer to see if they can find you one. Punishing the dealer you must have liked enough to work out a deal with because Ford is stacked up seems a bit silly.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:36 AM
Force74
Senior User
Originally Posted by Frantz
Why is this the go too? Ford has been slow in getting the orders processed, that's to be expected on a new launch like this. So you want one sooner, ask the dealer to see if they can find you one. Punishing the dealer you must have liked enough to work out a deal with because Ford is stacked up seems a bit silly.

Fair enough Frantz. 12 weeks with nothing just seems a bit long even for a new launch. I'm sure there's another side to the story too.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:42 AM
Texsdr
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered Aug. 3rd. Truck is now in transit via boxcar. Tracked boxcar this morning and its in Kanas headed to OK then Texas.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:45 AM
LEDman
Senior User
I'm not blaming the dealer. After all I've read here, I'm sure the delay is back at the plant. And by the looks of it....maybe even a shortage of blue paint :P . Not looking to punish the dealer. Just letting my excitement get the best of me. I never thought it even possible for my dealer to find one elsewhere, because this early on it would surprise me if a dealer was willing to give one up somewhere else.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:54 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,693 Likes on 2,750 Posts
It's been two weeks since I put in my order with my dealer. Ford has yet to pick up my order. So far, that's not too bad since it's only a couple of weeks. But 12 weeks??? I would be questioning the dealer's order entry process.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:55 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ford is stacked up seems a bit silly.
Maybe you can spread some insight, Frantz. Many of us, most importantly me, have been on order since April when the order banks first opened. I finally received a VIN roughly 10 days ago. A production date of early Oct right after that. 2 days later production was moved to end of Oct and ETA last day of November. I listened to the wiring harness debacle. OK. I listened to the camera debacle. OK But now there are retail orders (as is mine) submitted in July and August and buyers have their trucks in the driveway or on the way to their homes and those of us who committed to Ford Motor Company without and capacities or ratings are still sitting high and dry. None of us mind waiting our turn but all of us resent being cast aside as if our money doesn't matter to the company. I am not bailing on the order, I am not bailing on my dealer, but my attitude toward the FoMoCo is changing rapidly and since there is no where to contact the blue oval I am hoping you have some words of positive encouragement about what seems to me is a big cluster truck. Thanks, Rob

Old 09-26-2016, 10:03 AM
petei
Tuned
I been waiting for 14 weeks with no VIN so you are not the only one.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:13 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
No doubt Fords a bit behind. I have a few orders sitting without VINs myself. While the F150 line benefited from two plants, it's all one for the SD, which I'm sure makes any hold up have a greater impact. In order to try and keep cost down, more and more parts are both outsourced and supplied on demand. Stock orders are handled first, and while that's "well known" it's unrealistic for everyone to know that (including sales folks), so decisions are made without knowing all the facts. I love factory orders but always sell folks on the long wait. A mistake I see many dealers do is say "6-8 weeks" and then hope. Well hope doesn't get you anything other than being POTUS. And even he couldn't get the trucks on the lots fast enough.

I do like the notion that the reason WHY Ford puts retail orders last is to ensure their most loyal customers get products without kinks. I like the fact that the longer you wait, the better chance there is for an improved rebate (next date to check is October 4th).

Old 09-26-2016, 10:36 AM
rrogersgsp
Junior User
I placed my order on 6/8. I was told last week by chat, my vin and an ETA of 10/21. I ordered Blue Jean w/magnetic two tone.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:40 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the insight, Frantz. I guess the big error in thinking, posted mainly through FTE was that retail would take priority after the initial period of stock orders ending with the OK to sell edict. Some of us should have waited 12 weeks to order then place our order as stock and we would probably be polishing the chrome by now. Oh well, retail sales in spite of the higher priority number may have some advantage but as for waiting 7 or 8 months for delivery while other orders are being filled in 3 months and less does not show much respect for the customer.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:16 AM
Jace2016
Elder User
...I do like the notion that the reason WHY Ford puts retail orders last is to ensure their most loyal customers get products without kinks....
How is a retail order for a customer any less loyal?

I would say the guy who waits 2 months + for a truck is more loyal to the brand than the guy driving by the dealer and on a whim buys a truck.

I understand that Fords customers are really the dealerships but without us folks buying the trucks dealerships don't have squat.

I would guess they put the retail orders last because they ARE the more loyal customers and FoMoCo knows they will wait for the product. Plus there are a lot more people unwilling to wait so if dealer stock is subpar Ford may miss the sale altogether to another manufacturer.

NONE of us "retail order" guys will cancel our order for another product i.e. Dodge or GM, but MAY cancel to find a Ford already on the lot, thus Ford still wins. Your customer shopping for what you may have in "stock" has a higher chance of jumping brands than anyone. That is your least "loyal" customer.

NOTE: I shouldn't take offense to your "loyal customer" statement but you want to talk about loyalty ask some of these guys waiting several months for a Ford product where their loyalty is. We ARE loyal to Ford. What we ARE NOT is loyal to a dealership that doesn't treat their customers right.

........sorry for the rant, I feel much better now......

Old 09-26-2016, 11:34 AM
L3dford
Senior User
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I show there's one at LHM Ford in Sandy.
https://www.lhmfordsandy.com/new/For...dc38e0b5c5.htm

Old 09-26-2016, 11:48 AM
LEDman
Senior User
Originally Posted by L3dford
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I show there's one at LHM Ford in Sandy.
https://www.lhmfordsandy.com/new/For...dc38e0b5c5.htm
Thanks, but looking for a diesel. That's a bit much for a 6.2 with the Lariat Value package

Quick Reply: READY to buy a truck. 12 weeks ordered and still no date.