New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2 Fords and a Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 03:24 PM
Zia-Lycan
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Fords and a Dodge

Hi! So um....I am at a point in my life where I am trying to decide what to do. I am not working now so I am between opportunities or I am retired. I am going through a few surgeries at the VA so I guess the outcome of that will decide on whether I work again or not. Now that I've covered my professional life...

My daily driver is a 2002 Ford Ranger. It has 150K miles on it. Other than the sun fading, people tell me it looks new. Not bad for a 14 year old truck. It was 3 years old when I got it.

My Ford project truck is a 1971 Ford F600 COE, 370cid, 5sp manual trans, 2sp manual rear end. I am real familiar with an Eaten Fuller ten speed, but this system of going hi/lo on the rear end for every gear I grab on the trans is gonna take getting used to. I bought this truck 3 days before my most recent surgery so it has been sitting outside my bedroom window taunting me...telling me to hurry and recover so I can fix the few things wrong with it. My plans are to build a Medium Duty custom Flatbed for towing and looking good doing it. The logo on the side of the truck (see my avatar) is from the previous owner. I am still designing my own. This truck was my reason for joining here. I am sure I am gonna need help.

I also have a 1971 Dodge D20 that I am turning into a wrecker/service truck. I don't imagine you guys care to hear much about that one though. It is a work in progress.

Ideally, I'd like to take an early retirement and then use my trucks as a money making hobby. Kinda go around and buy vehicles that need TLC, tow them home, fix them, and flip them for profit. If I only tow vehicles I own I don't need a business license or the extra insurance a commercial wrecker company would need.

I just noticed photo uploads are allowed so here is the F600 as it sits now, and one of the Dodge:

Attached Images     

Last edited by Zia-Lycan; 09-24-2016 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Removing duplicate photos.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:08 PM
Ghost Tas
New User
Both of those old rigs are sexy. That F-600 would make a great platform for a custom camper, or "tiny home" on wheels, too.

Old 09-24-2016, 06:53 PM
Zia-Lycan
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Ghost Tas
Both of those old rigs are sexy. That F-600 would make a great platform for a custom camper, or "tiny home" on wheels, too.
I did have that thought, except when it comes to a self-propelled camper or motorhome, I am kinda hung up on being able to go from driver's seat to the back without leaving the vehicle. Makes it easier for my crew to feed me while I'm driving and even better for bathroom stops in the rain.

Old 09-24-2016, 07:38 PM
Ghost Tas
New User
That is the truth.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:23 AM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for joining

Tony

Old 09-29-2016, 08:31 AM
TJReams
Fleet Mechanic
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Drove a 66 model Ford COE for a few years when I worked at a Feed Mill in Grapevine Texas during the early 70's.