Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

I have fallen love with the F-150 XL

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 07:13 PM
Spamfritter
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
I think the current gen F-150 XL is best looking XL truck that Ford has made since the 1986 models. I just love the plain Jane look, I always have and I especially love the steel wheels. Call me cooky, I don't care. It's not a money thing.

Traditionally lower tech = higher reliability but lower resale. Who cares, they look great.
Personally, I think the Lariats with the sport appearance package are the best looking models in the F-150 lineup. Part of me likes the idea of the simplicity of the XL and XLT models until I drive one. After my 2015 Lariat, I had to drive an XLT 301A and couldn't stand it. That said, I will agree that the current XL model is the best one Ford's had in a very long time. Previous XL's have been pretty horrendous and cheap looking.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:19 PM
j palmer cass
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hackenbush
J Palmer Cass
LMAO
Does the J stand for Jack
(Best line in a movie I've ever seen...)
It does
OK then I'll just call you JACK CASS
LOL

Somebody finally got it. Yeah, I love that picture, I'm a big John Ford fan.

"Some folks I know, don't like red hair."

Old 08-21-2016, 04:32 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,222 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by Spamfritter
Personally, I think the Lariats with the sport appearance package are the best looking models in the F-150 lineup. Part of me likes the idea of the simplicity of the XL and XLT models until I drive one. After my 2015 Lariat, I had to drive an XLT 301A and couldn't stand it. That said, I will agree that the current XL model is the best one Ford's had in a very long time. Previous XL's have been pretty horrendous and cheap looking.
When I bought my 2011 XLT, I had the pleasure of having a King Ranch for the day. I was going to deal on that one but I couldn't bring myself to work a deal on a machine that's designed and destined to depreciate so much and in the end, will still get me from points A and B just like mine does.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:55 AM
Spamfritter
Senior User
When I bought my 2011 XLT, I had the pleasure of having a King Ranch for the day. I was going to deal on that one but I couldn't bring myself to work a deal on a machine that's designed and destined to depreciate so much and in the end, will still get me from points A and B just like mine does.
Those creature comforts enhance the driving experience for me. They are extras that I don't "need" and I understand you pay for them. You can pay a lot for them when its all said and done. I wouldn't have it any other way. There is nothing like driving what you want without any compromises. I don't have to sit there and think to myself; "I wish I had that option. Maybe next time." I've got what I wanted and have no regrets. Sure I could have bought something cheaper or whatever, but I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Spamfritter
Those creature comforts enhance the driving experience for me. They are extras that I don't "need" and I understand you pay for them. You can pay a lot for them when its all said and done. I wouldn't have it any other way. There is nothing like driving what you want without any compromises. I don't have to sit there and think to myself; "I wish I had that option. Maybe next time." I've got what I wanted and have no regrets. Sure I could have bought something cheaper or whatever, but I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:58 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,222 Likes on 804 Posts
I was at the dealer yesterday (sunday 8/21) actually looking to get a peak at a 2017 Superduty but to be expected, my trip was for nothing. Anyway, the dealer literally has about 50 F-150's in his inventory and many more waiting to be prepped. By the shear numbers of his higher end trucks, that's clearly what he's selling and most likely what Ford is selling. However, the thing that struck me funny was the number of XL trucks to choose from in all cab configurations and all drivetrains.

Ford trucks are my crack cocaine and I love em all.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Spamfritter
Senior User
I was at the dealer yesterday (sunday 8/21) actually looking to get a peak at a 2017 Superduty but to be expected, my trip was for nothing. Anyway, the dealer literally has about 50 F-150's in his inventory and many more waiting to be prepped. By the shear numbers of his higher end trucks, that's clearly what he's selling and most likely what Ford is selling. However, the thing that struck me funny was the number of XL trucks to choose from in all cab configurations and all drivetrains.

Ford trucks are my crack cocaine and I love em all.
At the various Ford dealers here in the Dallas area, Super Duties are either work trucks or Lariat Ultimates, King Ranch, or Platinums. They are almost all crew cabs with either bed option. There are a few DWRs, but most of the time they are SRWs. XLT's with 4WD and the diesel option are exceedingly rare. Its a similar story with the F-150. You'll see a lot of cab configurations in an XL, but the majority of trucks are crew cabs with short boxes. Typically you see a lot of 2WD XLTs that are 301A or 302A packages with both EcoBoosts or the 5.0L engines. You'd be surprised out how many 4WD / FX4 King Ranch and Platinum trucks they have on the lots though.

When you look at Mustangs, there aren't many options in general for them truth be told. What's on dealer lots is even more streamlined. Engine wise they are all EcoBoosts or 5.0L's. Very few have the NA V6 in them. Many of them are GT Premium's as well. Although not many have navigation in them. If you are lucky, a dealer may have one or two with a manual transmission and even fewer with the GT Performance pack (formerly known as the "track pack") on them. Most have ****ty 3.15 or 3.31 rear end gears. 3.55 and 3.73 cars are rare.