Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford-trucks forum culture

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 10:50 AM
DrZoom
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike just summed up what I'm trying to say.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:00 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by DrZoom
...This is a great community, just wanted to share my two cents and try to keep folks coming back.
You did alright. You had something on your mind & went about it in a perfectly acceptable manner.

Can't please evrybody' so yah got to please yourself.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:41 PM
snowdog79
Laughing Gas
Well, there are some here who come and ask a question like "benefits of swapping from EFI to carb?", then when multiple people tell them it's not a good idea and give valid reasons, the original poster basically says "it's what I'm going to do, so don't explain to me why it's a bad idea. It's my truck." They are just looking for others to agree with them, not to receive valid feedback. This annoys those who are taking their time to try and give good, time tested, advice. Then the thread goes off the rails.
Honestly, if someone gets their feelings hurt on an internet forum, then perhaps they need a safe place from words that hurt. If you are reading something someone else posted and it upsets you, stop reading that post. Simple. No one should be hurt by internet forum comments...

Old 07-21-2016, 01:09 PM
Mike1
Logistics Pro
Received 324 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by snowdog79
Well, there are some here who come and ask a question like "benefits of swapping from EFI to carb?", then when multiple people tell them it's not a good idea and give valid reasons, the original poster basically says "it's what I'm going to do, so don't explain to me why it's a bad idea. It's my truck." They are just looking for others to agree with them, not to receive valid feedback. This annoys those who are taking their time to try and give good, time tested, advice. Then the thread goes off the rails.
Honestly, if someone gets their feelings hurt on an internet forum, then perhaps they need a safe place from words that hurt. If you are reading something someone else posted and it upsets you, stop reading that post. Simple. No one should be hurt by internet forum comments...

"benefits of swapping from EFI to carb?", then when multiple people tell them it's not a good idea and give valid reasons, the original poster basically says "it's what I'm going to do.

When they could have started out by saying, "There ar no benefits to swapping, and here is why #1, #2, #3...and so on., BUT if this is what you want to do, please post back and let us know how it turned out for you, we'd be interested if it improved your mileage, HP or whatever it is your trying to gain.

As for the rest of it, there is no reason to use vulgar or harsh language towards anybody at any time, it just doesn't need to be, with all the words in the English language, there has to be something other than, you're a jackass, or you're a F**king Idiot....these words never EVER need to be spoken, and if the person that does use them thinks that there is nothing wrong with it, then maybe they need to turn their computer off and go read a book and learn something to expand their vocabulary. As for my self, hearing or seeing these words, doesn't bother me, nor offend me, I just think it's ignorant to use or say them if there are other words that can be used to explain how we feel. Anyway, this is the last comment I will make on this subject as it could, but hopefully not turn into a huge debate.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:51 PM
xTHANATOPSISx
Junior User
Originally Posted by DrZoom
The language is off-color, but its all 100% correct. It's casual language. I don't see many people here speaking in clinical terms or being sweet and gentle.

"Your friend needs to pull his head out of his ***"

Vs...

"Your friend is a overestimating the retail value of his vehicle and poorly informing potential buyers of its full configuration and condition."

Let's be honest, that truck should probably be at a junk yard. Not a repair shop. It's a parts truck at this point. Coming on to post it, as if anyone is going to buy it out of charity is asinine to start with. Thinking anyone wants a pile for twice what it's worth is hilarious. I'm pretty sure that's not the forum to sell vehicles in either. I don't blame anyone that was irritated with that whole post.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:04 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
I agree 200%

Old 07-21-2016, 08:13 PM
rla2005
Hotshot
Received 1,164 Likes on 919 Posts
**Optional edit response function invoked**

Old 07-21-2016, 11:47 PM
bbf385
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
This.
If the something on any form of social media upsets you then you need to work on your life off the computer because you almost certainly don't have one.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:47 AM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was taught ... If you shouldn't say it to a child, you shouldn't say it at all!

Text doesn't come with emotions ... I always say leave the emotions in the finger tips.

Unfortunately, I can't always refrain myself and follow those words of wisdom!

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

Old 07-22-2016, 06:45 AM
DrZoom
Elder User
I don't think anybody is getting feelings hurt, or needing a safe place from nasty words. We're all adults and we can all handle rudeness just fine.

Everybody on this forum logs on and provides wisdom for the benefit of others, for no other purpose than to help others. I could be wrong, but I don't think anybody is getting paid to help their fellow ford truck owner. It's all charity given freely. Would you go into a soup kitchen and tell the lady filling your bowl that she is a dumb bitch for not giving you the correct amount of soup?

What it boils down to is this: we're all doing our best to help one another, so don't be a dick.