6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Delete almost done

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 12:44 PM
Lawrencew
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hoseclamp
Just on call with bullydog to do remote access on tuner, get rid of ccv delete code, in case anyone is interested about the point of the thread still and not tourism. Ehhh?
Haha ya sorry about that I was going to try to cover my bases somehow before getting caught. I have my parts guy looking into deleting options for me now, thanks

Old 06-23-2016, 12:46 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Yes, they have a version that supports tunes. Very popular with the Cummins crowd.
Thanks, wondering about whether I can get tunes from where hoseclamp is getting them and put them on my H&S. IF HPTuners comes out with 6.7 support though I'd go that route.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:53 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lol all good. I liked the h&s tuning, worked well except wouldn't take adjusting the defueling. 210f is too low when towing, not sure why it was like that. For newer trucks the BD seems to be doing ok. Just finished update, will see if I get the code again. No muffler yet, checking parts store soon if it came in. Needs it.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:55 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,101 Likes on 2,226 Posts
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
Thanks, wondering about whether I can get tunes from where hoseclamp is getting them and put them on my H&S. IF HPTuners comes out with 6.7 support though I'd go that route.
Call Rudy's or SPE...they support the Minimaxx still, but with in house tunes.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:55 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
Apparently both the emission friendly 40428 and the delete 40928 will take custom tunes, hoping won't need them, really like the changing tune on the fly, custom tunes require uploading and downloading, one at a time.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:07 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,101 Likes on 2,226 Posts
Do the BD units not have a memory card that you can change the tune on or do you have to plug it into the computer?

Old 06-23-2016, 01:10 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Apparently both the emission friendly 40428 and the delete 40928 will take custom tunes, hoping won't need them, really like the changing tune on the fly, custom tunes require uploading and downloading, one at a time.
Looks like HPTuners does support 6.7 tuning now but doesn't look like it does the deletes. I wanted to be able to rewrite the ECM so that I don't need the tuner connected to maintain the tune like I do with the H&S.

Does the BD you're using require the tuner connected all the time to stop it from going back to stock tune?

Old 06-23-2016, 01:37 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
Both tuners have memory cards, the tuner doesn't have to be connected, if you unplug it will stay at the last tune entered. The 40428 had firmware issues, would "initializing communication" on startup, but never finish communicating, so I'd go into menu and update firmware again, it would cycle on and off, no effect to running. It would also freeze up when forcing a regen every now and then, lose communication, unplug and start again, it would usually work a second time. A few quirks, but they both offer monitoring and adjust on the fly.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:53 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
Remote update was successful, giant hair dryer is code free. Waiting for muffler to show up any minute. Success!!!

Old 06-23-2016, 02:18 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Both tuners have memory cards, the tuner doesn't have to be connected, if you unplug it will stay at the last tune entered. The 40428 had firmware issues, would "initializing communication" on startup, but never finish communicating, so I'd go into menu and update firmware again, it would cycle on and off, no effect to running. It would also freeze up when forcing a regen every now and then, lose communication, unplug and start again, it would usually work a second time. A few quirks, but they both offer monitoring and adjust on the fly.
It must be the actual tune then that determines if it reverts to stock or stays tuned, I know H&S doc's says their Ford tune reverts to stock after a few run cycles.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:46 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
It must be the actual tune then that determines if it reverts to stock or stays tuned, I know H&S doc's says their Ford tune reverts to stock after a few run cycles.
I would tend to agree. Once it's downloaded the tuner is just monitoring. No data or input is transferring to the vehicle without your input, to change parameter or power setting. Whatever the last input was, it's stays until reconnected and adjusted.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:53 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
No muffler until tomorrow, another drive to the lake and back in a jet plane. I go by REEEEEEEAL quiet past the police station. Lol.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:23 PM
Lawrencew
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No muffler until tomorrow, another drive to the lake and back in a jet plane. I go by REEEEEEEAL quiet past the police station. Lol.
Any way you could get a video of you driving past someone at a given speed before and after muffler install to get feel for difference in sound

Old 06-23-2016, 04:28 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
Originally Posted by Lawrencew
Any way you could get a video of you driving past someone at a given speed before and after muffler install to get feel for difference in sound
I'll try to figure something out

Old 06-23-2016, 05:28 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
I was too cheap to do my entire exhaust, so I installed a 4" Flo-Pro delete pipe and left the "filter-back" pipe from the factory on mine with the resonator and love the sound. It is actually fairly quiet, but has a nice throaty sound to it until the wastage opens. Then it sounds like a pissed off mountain lion. I kinda like it though. None of the sounds are obnoxious from inside the cab, and similar setups I've heard from outside were not excessively loud either.

Quick Reply: Delete almost done