6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

03 superduty mishimoto radiator tranny line problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 12:44 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Have you looked at the cost to ship a radiator for out trucks?
If I were to order one from BPD it was going to be $150 just
for the shipping. I can see why then don't want to just ship a
new one. But that is part of doing business. You screw up and
you pay the return shipping X 2. Just too many shades of gray
with that transaction.

Sean <BR>

6.0L Tech Folder

Old 06-27-2016, 07:31 AM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Received 2,105 Likes on 1,426 Posts
He could probably be able to drill the ports but putting a fitting in the opposite port and use a low pressure water entry while either manually or using a battery drill to open the port, then reverse.

Liquid rather then air would provide for pushing the chips out of the radiator with a positive force. Once it's all done a triple rinse with denatured alcohol which is hygroscopic would leave a fast evaporating flushing agent that a few minutes of compressed air would eliminate.

Getting a replacement radiator for him may be an issue due to the ebay purchasing source. I don't get the shipping cost. I've built a plywood box for a critical item a little larger then a radiator and it overall cost me less then $75 to ship ground.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:37 AM
Bigblackbuild
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's good advice on the drilling procedure....thank you

Old 06-27-2016, 08:58 AM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
That's a brand new rad, I wouldn't do a thing to it but sent it back. Your going to void any warranty it has and possibly screw it up. Make them eat the shipping.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:01 AM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

A drill press chuck hand held would do it manually. You could make an 8" dia shield out of aluminum or ply drilled through its center to shield a battery powered drill as your going to need some volume to push against the chips, but your going to get wet. You absolutely can't use a 120v drill.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:02 AM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Per4mance
That's a brand new rad, I wouldn't do a thing to it but sent it back. Your going to void any warranty it has and possibly screw it up. Make them eat the shipping.
He may not have that option.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:06 AM
Bigblackbuild
Freshman User

I agree but the communication between mishimoto and I is very slow. I keep bugging and emailing. Some have said the problem might be its an ebay radiator. Its not an ebay radiator. some of the distributors for mishimoto sell the product on ebay. This is the real deal. makes no difference where I purchased it. someone at Mishimoto needs to hurry up and make a decision.....im losing patience fast

Old 06-27-2016, 09:08 AM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

OK, sorry I was the one with the eBay concern based off the statement of ebay sellers resistance. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:12 AM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
There is no way I'd be putting that rad in my truck with them KNOWING it's was machined wrong. Send it back to them and make them eat the shipping. Remember the net is a wonderful thing and can make VERY bad business for them and tell them so if push comes to shove. Also let them know there is a thread going on right now on FTE. We give them a lot of business. And I push Mishimoto all the time. I want to see how this comes out. Try this number 1 877 466 4744.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:24 AM
Bigblackbuild
Freshman User
There is no way I'd be putting that rad in my truck with them KNOWING it's was machined wrong. Send it back to them and make them eat the shipping. Remember the net is a wonderful thing and can make VERY bad business for them and tell them so if push comes to shove. Also let them know there is a thread going on right now on FTE. We give them a lot of business. And I push Mishimoto all the time. I want to see how this comes out. Try this number 1 877 466 4744.

I do agree with you. I will call that # today. thank you all for your valued input. All you guys helped me so much through my build, you just didn't know you were doing it. Been sideline silent for years.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:28 AM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
It kinda pisses me off,cause I push their products all the time ,not just on here. I play with a bunch of different cars and trucks.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:38 PM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
Received 137 Likes on 80 Posts
To be honest, I wouldn't wouldn't be worried too much about drilling it if it was MY dime. I think blowing air through it while drilling would work ok, you'd need the perfect bit (bottom drill) with a correctly sized drill stop on it or you might go too far and get strawberry coolant. The bit is going to pull when it clears the back side and it doesn't look like there's much room behind there. I agree however, it's THEIR dime! You paid good money for the right part, its up to them to deliver. Unless you already have the proper tools, you'll have an easy $20-$30 in tooling to buy. You will be their employee for a little while, did they offer any compensation? Any discussion of what happens if you screw it up? If both of those answers are no, I'd be shipping it.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:14 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
If you used paypal to pay for it and you don't wait too long they can
and will be the hammer to hit that nut and crack him.

It's very simple the item is defective and not fit for intended use.
The clock is ticking get Paypal involved now.

Sean <BR>

6.0L Tech Folder

Old 06-28-2016, 03:40 PM
Bigblackbuild
Freshman User
ive been on the phone today with Mishimoto and regardless of the outcome of the radiator repair they will warranty it. right now the decision is being made to either A, ship me a new radiator or B have me perform the repair and they will ship me a Mishimoto transmission cooler for all the headache. I'm awaiting an answer. I did use paypal but the purchase was 6 months ago. I purchased all my parts at once for my project. Now that im at the tail end....I just found this problem. And does anyone have an 03-04 OEM junk radiator kicking around with the screw type transmission fittings? I cant find them anywhere except the dealer who wants me to buy an entire radiator.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:27 PM
vehiclesbreak4me
New User
I have been watching your problem with great interest. I purchased a radiator off amazon that was sold as a mishimoto. No where on the radiator is a name or serial number. My original fittings hooked right up but i am concerned about the small diameter hole at bottom of fittings on radiator. I will probably put it on a drill press and enlarge it carefully. Right now i have been having inernet problems so sometimes i cant reply in a timely manner

Quick Reply: 03 superduty mishimoto radiator tranny line problem