No power at working temperature

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 02:07 AM
BigGreenEx
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No power at working temperature

Sorry guys and occasional gals,
I've been super busy and don't get on here as often as I should, but life kind of gets in the way. I'm having a problem with my 6.0, I know I should post in the 6.0 forum, but everyone here seems to understand a little more (my situation for not being here, not a dig on anyone in the 6.0 forum) My wife to ok my daughter, 16 months now, down to Seattle the other day for a nontraditional physical therapy that we've been trying; she went to leave and when the truck came up to temperature there was no power. By no power, I mean NO POWER. We had the Ex towed home, 50 or so miles, I was on an island at the time. I am looking at starting in on it tomorrow and can't find any similar problems using the search function on here. I starts fine, hot or cold. When hot it idles crazy rough and will not even pull up our drive way because there is no power, it does it when cold. Our drive way is barely the length of the Ex. When my wife read me the stats over the phone nothing seemed out of the ordinary from what I could tell. If you have any insight I would greatly appreciate it before I dig into this thing tomorrow morning.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:43 AM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 147 Likes on 89 Posts
Any excessive smoke? Unusual noises/knocking? Are you making air? Is fuel making it to the engine? Do you have any method of reading live data(SGII/Torque/etc)?

Old 06-11-2016, 11:55 AM
BigGreenEx
Tuned
Everything seems completely normal at start up when cold. After it reaches temperature it begins to idle extremely rough and will barely move. I have a Edge tuner and all the specs that I looked at seem acceptable, nothing that jumped out at me. If its running at temp and I turn it off, it starts just fine and then goes into running like crap. It has yet to die, just runs like garbage. The filter minder shows no signs of lack of air, I removed the air filter just to make sure. I tried pulling it into the driveway, slight incline the length of the excursion, and it couldn't even pull itself up. I had the pedal to the floor, rough idle and RPM only up to 1000.

Old 04-15-2024, 02:06 PM
BigGreenEx
Tuned
What an awesome resource. I have a bad injector and was able to come back in here and find what ones I had replaced previously, 8 years ago, because my records have been lost in that time. Running with 185,000 miles on the rig now and knowing it's time for a wheelchair van, but my wife still doesn't want to give up the Excursion.

The following users liked this post: