N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

June gloom all topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 09:54 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 215 Likes on 181 Posts
Living in an apartment, you can get them inadvertently from neighbors.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
None of the furniture was recently acquired. The sofa in the bedroom was delivered by Amvets, about 2 months after I moved in. The bugs did not show up until about a month ago, and back then, it was only one or two bites. The day I threw out the recliner I had so many bites I could not count them all. Since then, I have seen only 3 live bugs. One a day it seems, as I just killed one a few minutes ago. All of them were crawling on my computer table. The Raid spray can works to kill therm. According to the website link, it can take up to a week to get rid of them, and that is with constant monitoring, vacuuming, and washing of bedding, and clothes. So, I am going to keep it up until they are gone. I just don't know if my cheap vacuum is really doing any good. It doesn't even pick up loose dirt, and debris, how is it supposed to pick up bed bug eggs?

edit: I am also going to buy a plastic mattress cover when my payday gets here. I have yet to see any bed bugs on that bed, but with me sleeping there every night now, if there are any left in this apartment, they will eventually figure out where I am sleeping. Also, I don't know how I will get rid of them if they are in the sofa. I can't exactly throw that in the washer/dryer, or cover it with a plastic mattress cover. I don't want to have to get rid of that too. The living room already looks bare with no recliner in it. Since my computers take up so much room, that was the only real living room furniture I had. I have not seen any bed bugs in or near the sofa though, and I guess since nobody has slept in that room in almost a month, any that were there just moved into the living room to live in the recliner. That would explain the sudden influx of bugs this past two weeks. I wonder if any of the neighbors are having issues with them? Seems to be a resurgence in bed bug infestations if you believe what the Internet says.

Jim

Old 06-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Sunday Nor Cal. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Jim

Old 06-05-2016, 05:10 PM
eclectix
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i replaced my original fe 360 2 barrel carb with a 4 barrel edelbrock. what should i do with the 2 barrel carb and air cleaner, any suggestions?

Old 06-05-2016, 05:13 PM
eclectix
Tuned
should i get some led fog lamps? which brand/model would be best?

Old 06-05-2016, 05:25 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by eclectix
i replaced my original fe 360 2 barrel carb with a 4 barrel edelbrock. what should i do with the 2 barrel carb and air cleaner, any suggestions?
How much of a difference do you notice with the swap? I bought mine with the 4bbl Eddy, so I have no gauge as to how much it really helps. You can always keep the original stuff for backup, or sell it to somebody who needs it.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:00 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
Maybe try this;

Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
I have no idea about carbs, well I did way back when. Good luck

Old 06-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Can't help with carb question either, have not worked on them in over 20 years.

Jim

Old 06-05-2016, 11:36 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
What are you looking to do ? Rebuild or sale, if sale try the FTE Market place and place a add, other wise Cregs List. Lots of car/ truck buffs out there

Old 06-06-2016, 07:58 AM
eclectix
Tuned
mountain dewd,

to save time and effort i did headers, stroking, and carb swap at the same time, so i cannot give an accurate answer except that i noticed a very slight improvement in gas mileage. i posted the specifics in a bumpside forum thread a few months ago.

cheers

Old 06-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Monday Nor Cal. Hope everyone has a good day.

Jim

Old 06-06-2016, 08:45 AM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Looking like another triple digit day. Hopefully it will be in the office. ðŸ˜

Old 06-06-2016, 09:15 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts
Well I sold my house in the burbs and I'll be stepping into my next gig as a chicken rancher! I am buying a house in Morgan Hill and since the owners are retiring and moving to FLA I will be assuming ownership of about a dozen chickens. Luckily my dad grew up on a chicken ranch so I'll have technical help there. Oh, and I understand I'm getting a cat too. I can't believe that thing has lasted 14 years as an outdoor cat in Uvas Canyon, but in any event the owners want to leave it.

No where near the flat ground I used to have, but a Nor Cal GTG of some sort will be in the future plans.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

How does someone who owned a cat for 14 years just give it up? Strange, very strange. Surprised the cat hasn't had any chickens for dinner, or lunch. LOL Good luck with that endeavor. Won't have to buy eggs ever again.

Jim

Old 06-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Diesel
No where near the flat ground I used to have, but a Nor Cal GTG of some sort will be in the future plans.
Did you buy that place you said you needed a 4x4 in order to navigate the road?

Stewart

Quick Reply: June gloom all topic thread