Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 08:46 PM
WyoX
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2002 Limited 4x4 with the 6.8 gas is that clean, and it had 168k when I bought it last month.
I got it from a dealer who was asking $11,500. I wound up getting it for 9k.
That was a little more than book value, but they had to make a few dollars on it.
If it wouldn't have been this clean and well maintained, I would have offered them a lot less. I had no trade in.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:40 AM
karrun
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought our 6.8 XLT with only 66k miles for $15500. Super clean and everything works. Granted we are in the rust belt, and there is some rust on the underside, but I feel we paid what it was worth.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:00 AM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
I paid 13k for mine. It had 145k on it and was similar in condition and options.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:27 AM
gmcbride
Senior User
Well, call me stupid. Just to put this in perspective I paid $55K out the door for mine. Way over budget and a ridiculous amount of money. But, it was also the first new car purchase in 30 years and I decided to treat myself. She now has 120K on the clock and I intend to be buried in it!

Old 04-07-2016, 10:46 AM
karrun
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by gmcbride
Well, call me stupid. Just to put this in perspective I paid $55K out the door for mine. Way over budget and a ridiculous amount of money. But, it was also the first new car purchase in 30 years and i decided to treat myself. She now has 120K on the clock and I intend to be buried in it!
Geez, wanna buy mine?

Old 04-07-2016, 10:51 AM
harley4jcs
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by gmcbride
Well, call me stupid. Just to put this in perspective I paid $55K out the door for mine. Way over budget and a ridiculous amount of money. But, it was also the first new car purchase in 30 years and i decided to treat myself. She now has 120K on the clock and I intend to be buried in it!
That's good, because I don't think you will get that for her.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:24 AM
dougger222
More Turbo
Look on ebay sold Excursions from $25,000+. You will see plenty of low mile diesel stock Excursions selling for big money. Some are selling in the low $40's. 6.0 and 7.3 Excursions.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:41 AM
PSUhoss
Senior User
I am feeling pretty good right now. Last February I bought our 2002 V10 4x4 limited in excellent shape for $13k with 45,000 miles on the clock.

Granted, I was looking and being very picky for about a year before I pulled the trigger.

I think the prices have really escalated lately as the fuel prices have gone down and the availability of ex's in nice condition with low miles have become really scarce.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:11 PM
tenforty_2
Senior User
Originally Posted by dougger222
Look on ebay sold Excursions from $25,000+. You will see plenty of low mile diesel stock Excursions selling for big money. Some are selling in the low $40's. 6.0 and 7.3 Excursions.
Crazy! If I pay that much money for a vehicle it will come with a warranty and a payment book! BTW it is still on the lot as of 4:00 today..

Old 09-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Mumbly Joe
5th Wheeling
Sorry to dredge-up a dead thread, but I'm curious if anyone knows what ever became of the insanely-priced Exc?

I mean, DARNnnn!!!! I LOVE my '00 V-10 (Best. Vehicle. I-have-ever-owned!) but I could have bought 5 of mine for what they were asking for this thing!

I think it's crazy when I see people paying over $10K for old vehicles. I mean, I only drive older vehicles, but seriously, no matter the mileage* or condition, they're still older vehicles, and the paint doesn't last forever, nor do the seals and all sorts of other components.

[*=I'm a firm believer in not paying extra for low mileage when it comes to older vehicles. Sitting'll kill them just as much, or more, than being driven and maintained. I'd rather have a high-mileage oldie which has been driven and well-maintained. Just sold my old '98 E150 with 300K miles on it- in the 15 years I've owned it, all it's ever needed was a fuel pump and heater core, and it's still going strong; runs like new.]

(So, was this too long for a first post?)

Old 09-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Vince79vette
Elder User
Originally Posted by Mumbly Joe
Sorry to dredge-up a dead thread, but I'm curious if anyone knows what ever became of the insanely-priced Exc?

I mean, DARNnnn!!!! I LOVE my '00 V-10 (Best. Vehicle. I-have-ever-owned!) but I could have bought 5 of mine for what they were asking for this thing!

I think it's crazy when I see people paying over $10K for old vehicles. I mean, I only drive older vehicles, but seriously, no matter the mileage* or condition, they're still older vehicles, and the paint doesn't last forever, nor do the seals and all sorts of other components.

[*=I'm a firm believer in not paying extra for low mileage when it comes to older vehicles. Sitting'll kill them just as much, or more, than being driven and maintained. I'd rather have a high-mileage oldie which has been driven and well-maintained. Just sold my old '98 E150 with 300K miles on it- in the 15 years I've owned it, all it's ever needed was a fuel pump and heater core, and it's still going strong; runs like new.]

(So, was this too long for a first post?)
I paid $9500 for my 01 ex. Only had 43k im down to pay for a nice one thats taken care of and documented. But i agree with u in that ppl are playing way to much for vehicles. Just saw a 01 v-10 f250 selling for 19k!! Thats nuts.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Mumbly Joe
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by Vince79vette
I paid $9500 for my 01 ex. Only had 43k im down to pay for a nice one thats taken care of and documented. But i agree with u in that ppl are playing way to much for vehicles. Just saw a 01 v-10 f250 selling for 19k!! Thats nuts.
I paid $4500 for my Exc with 179K- but it's in amazing shape- drives like a new truck. If I could find another one like it for that price, I'd buy it too!

F250's/350's are out of sight here, too. Even when they have 200K on them, and have been worked pretty hard.

Was thinking of selling my 99 F250 4x4 5.4 because the clear coat is gone, and it has some rust issues, but I think I'm just gonna keep her- between the prices I've been seeing, and the rarity of long beds with supercab or crew cab, I know if I let mine go, I'd never find another one.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Lexx
Freshman User
Old threads are always fun to resurrect.

I paid $5,500 for my 2002 ex limited with 131,000 miles 3 years ago. The guy was asking $8000 and I, as some here will grit their teeth over, lowballed the price cause I know what I'm gettin into. A money pit.

I offered 5k and they said 6k and I say 5.5k and they go OK, and everyone was happy. Never be afraid to negotiate.

The best thing here was, nobody laughed and the deal went down. I have 139,xxx on the damn thing now. Its decorated and dolled up now.....

Old 09-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Vince79vette
Elder User
Originally Posted by Mumbly Joe
I paid $4500 for my Exc with 179K- but it's in amazing shape- drives like a new truck. If I could find another one like it for that price, I'd buy it too!

F250's/350's are out of sight here, too. Even when they have 200K on them, and have been worked pretty hard.

Was thinking of selling my 99 F250 4x4 5.4 because the clear coat is gone, and it has some rust issues, but I think I'm just gonna keep her- between the prices I've been seeing, and the rarity of long beds with supercab or crew cab, I know if I let mine go, I'd never find another one.
Its crazy. In md i couldnt find a ex under 200k miles for less than 10k. Had to drive up to nj to get mine. And if i keep the miles down and if i do sell it i can get 10k no problem lol

Old 09-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Mumbly Joe
5th Wheeling
Now THIS is funny! I was just looking at the local CL and searched for Excursions- "No local results", but THIS came up in "surrounding areas":

Rare 2001 Ford Excursion 7.3L Diesel LOW MILES Lifted, SatNav, DVD

I think it's the same Exc from the first post in this thread!(Only now it's in TN instead of VA) Talk about coincidences!!!! What are the chances?

So what gives??? They obviously can't find any buyers at this price, so it's getting shuffled to different dealers- but why would they do this, instead of just sell the darn thing at a price which someone is willing to pay? Or did someone buy it, and find some skeletons, and trade it in to another overly-optimistic dealer?

This is crazy, I'd really like to know what the story is behind this! (I still can't get over the coincidence of seeing this though- it's not even like I normally search for Exc's- this was actually the first time I did so since buying mine- just checking out prices...)

EDIT: Hmmm, maybe it's not the same one? Different wheels, and the one in TN has a gap between the bottom of the driver's door and front fender...

Quick Reply: Price??