2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

We Own Work: My 2017 Super Duty Experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 08:39 PM
MC_Greenmachine
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
I don't know Josh. Did it???????

I mean the other version of the Blurred Lines video... But the fact that you believed my joke means you know something. HMMMMMMMMMMMM.........LOLOL
Josh: goes on radio silence again

Old 07-19-2016, 08:42 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,199 Likes on 573 Posts
I PM'd him the uncensored version of the Blurred Lines video. He may be "busy" for a while...LMAO...

Old 07-19-2016, 08:45 PM
MC_Greenmachine
Senior User
I PM'd him the uncensored version of the Blurred Lines video. He may be "busy" for a while...LMAO...
lol probably the best thing that I've seen on this forum today

Old 07-19-2016, 08:48 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
We weren't told anything about 4 digit TQ numbers. But, little comments, smirks and remarks made during the AZ shoot have led me to believe they may be sandbagging like they did with the '11s.

That's not me going on the record and saying a calibration change is in the works. That's just me reading little signs and KNOWING there is a lot of room to grow with the 6.7 and 6r140. With the current fuel system and turbo, those numbers are easily and reliably possible. I hope GM forces their hand with the new D/Max.

Heck, Nate and myself figured they were even lying to us when they told us 925.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:50 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
Read that PM while attending a religious service....

Been in the alter asking for forgiveness

Old 07-19-2016, 08:52 PM
MC_Greenmachine
Senior User
Originally Posted by UGA33
We weren't told anything about 4 digit TQ numbers. But, little comments, smirks and remarks made during the AZ shoot have led me to believe they may be sandbagging like they did with the '11s.

That's not me going on the record and saying a calibration change is in the works. That's just me reading little signs and KNOWING there is a lot of room to grow with the 6.7 and 6r140. With the current fuel system and turbo, those numbers are easily and reliably possible. I hope GM forces their hand with the new D/Max.

Heck, Nate and myself figured they were even lying to us when they told us 925.
Oh hell yeah, I know guys who have their trucks tuned to 600HP and 1200LB/FT of torque and say they feel just fine on the street, smooth as stock, it totally makes sense

Old 07-19-2016, 08:53 PM
MC_Greenmachine
Senior User
Originally Posted by UGA33
Read that PM while attending a religious service....

Been in the alter asking for forgiveness
Glad I'm not the only one who's sometimes on my phone in church lol

Old 07-19-2016, 08:57 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MC_Greenmachine
Oh hell yeah, I know guys who have their trucks tuned to 600HP and 1200LB/FT of torque and say they feel just fine on the street, smooth as stock, it totally makes sense
There are also guys with a $12K bill for a new engine and no warranty coverage. I'll let Ford guinea pig theirs first.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:58 PM
MC_Greenmachine
Senior User
Originally Posted by Rasalas
There are also guys with a $12K bill for a new engine and no warranty coverage. I'll let Ford guinea pig theirs first.
Oh yeah, that's way better, gotta love the warranty

Old 07-19-2016, 08:59 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,449 Likes on 894 Posts
Old 07-19-2016, 09:04 PM
MC_Greenmachine
Senior User
There's a thread that starts with that "the numbers you want"

Old 07-19-2016, 10:40 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Are the rear signals amber on these trucks like the new Raptor?

Old 07-20-2016, 07:00 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rollerstud98
Are the rear signals amber on these trucks like the new Raptor?
I certainly hope not. In low visibility situations it is very difficult to tell which end of the vehicle is in front of you when someone is running their 4 ways and they are amber to the rear. In fact it really infuriates me to have someone zipping along at highway speed with their 4 ways on at all....4 ways are primarily for stopped vehicles or those going well below the posted speed limit. The idiots give no consideration that their brake lights do not work with the 4 ways on and no thought to the issue they are only a hazard to those in front of them when out-driving their capability or visibility. And while I rant, what is it with tail lights 5 feet in the air? GM has it on their stupid vans, Honda does it on the CRV and others are following suit. Once again, in low visibility it makes it extremely difficult to judge vehicle distances when some of the tail lights are 2-3' higher than others on similar size vehicles. Large trucks at least have marker and clearance lights to help maintain the perspective.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:51 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Here's one for you Josh

When switching 'saved' trailers on the dash, will the brake system type and gain change as well?

Old 07-20-2016, 07:58 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 535 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasalas
I certainly hope not. In low visibility situations it is very difficult to tell which end of the vehicle is in front of you when someone is running their 4 ways and they are amber to the rear. In fact it really infuriates me to have someone zipping along at highway speed with their 4 ways on at all....4 ways are primarily for stopped vehicles or those going well below the posted speed limit. The idiots give no consideration that their brake lights do not work with the 4 ways on and no thought to the issue they are only a hazard to those in front of them when out-driving their capability or visibility. And while I rant, what is it with tail lights 5 feet in the air? GM has it on their stupid vans, Honda does it on the CRV and others are following suit. Once again, in low visibility it makes it extremely difficult to judge vehicle distances when some of the tail lights are 2-3' higher than others on similar size vehicles. Large trucks at least have marker and clearance lights to help maintain the perspective.
From what I can tell, the rear turn signals remain red. My preference is certainly for the rear turn signals to be amber. Amber does allow the brake lights to work normally even while on, and it clearly signals a "hazard" instead of possibly a turn signal or a brake or tail light. Personally, I run hazard lights in three situations: when I'm on the side of the road stopped, during intense (meaning extremely intense) rainstorms, or very, very intense snowfall. In both the rain and snow cases, the visibility is usually about 20 feet in front of you, so it is definitely intense, and speed is necessarily reduced to not much more than a crawl.

The high-mounted tail-lights / brake lights, etc are done for style or safety. Higher-mounted lights are visible from a greater distance, are not as easily hidden by the vehicle directly behind said vehicle, and do not get as easily covered by snow dust. GM had it on their hideous dust-buster Lumina MPV vans, and now yes, the Savanah / Express, and bumper-to-roof Escalade. Honda CRV, virtually all Volvo SUVs and wagons

Quick Reply: We Own Work: My 2017 Super Duty Experience