6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

All you 5ivers

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 01:00 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Rickyrobert
definitely jayco
2 things:

The floor plan suited us better than other models or makes

I like that the Jayco came OEM with a 2 in hitch and rated for 4000 lbs tow with a 200 lb tongue weight. Since its standard equip and not an option then the frame has to be built to that standard and since I will town with it then it became a no brainer...

Old 04-18-2016, 01:40 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
Back fro Ok city after picking up my new 5'ver...

Trip Report:

Headed out Tue 12 Apr Ok City, Camping World, a Jayco Dealer to see, inspect and hopefully buy our new 2016 Jayco Eagle HT (note: the 'HT' stands for 'half-ton' pickup) 27.5 RKDS. We did the trip in 1 day and checked into the Empty Arms Inn not far from Camping World. We got a room on the bottom floor at the end of the hall way next to the exit door. We did this so as to smuggle our 5 dogs in and out with out having to pay $250 for them.

This was the first time in my truck life that it had driven more than a trip to town with no load. The result was:

14.2 mpg - 528 mi, My place (N of San Antonio) to Camping World Ok City. We drove the back roads almost all the way and avoided Interstate.

Nothing magical here. My truck empty, cruise on, going down the interstate at 78mph is slightly more magical.

New camper looks great. I'm so used to seeing the gargantuan RVs behind the Fords, it's odd to see a Ford pulling a normal sized one.

bruce...

Old 04-18-2016, 03:35 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,998 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Nothing magical here. My truck empty, cruise on, going down the interstate at 78mph is slightly more magical.

New camper looks great. I'm so used to seeing the gargantuan RVs behind the Fords, it's odd to see a Ford pulling a normal sized one.

bruce...
Now you need to bring it to Sherwood Forest.............

Old 04-18-2016, 03:54 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by my_crib_too

bruce...
I put cruise on and you can watch the mpg tick down .1 at a time till it hits the upper 8's. Cruise sucks fuel like its going out of style.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:51 PM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For sure, we were just at the OysterFest over in Rockport-Fulton.
What days are you planning on being out at Sandfest? I may bring the family out and park the RV at Pioneer RV Park. Would be great to run into you.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:23 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,998 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Originally Posted by IronCobra
What days are you planning on being out at Sandfest? I may bring the family out and park the RV at Pioneer RV Park. Would be great to run into you.
That wouldn't be nice.......bend the pretty Trucks.......

Old 04-20-2016, 06:42 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
2 things:

The floor plan suited us better than other models or makes

I like that the Jayco came OEM with a 2 in hitch and rated for 4000 lbs tow with a 200 lb tongue weight. Since its standard equip and not an option then the frame has to be built to that standard and since I will town with it then it became a no brainer...
What model Jayco is that with the hitch? Mine has a "cargo prep" which is just a couple of brackets on the frame. I have a bumper mount receiver for the bike rack but they take a hell of a beating back there.

I put S637 tires on before I left so I don't know if they make it ride rougher or not but I can't believe the amount of shaking stuff inside takes. I have nothing to compare to though as this is my first fiver and I never hauled it when loaded and with the softer OE tires.

My MorRyde pin box takes a beating on the roads too, doing its best to absorb some of the chucking from the lousy interstates.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:46 PM
k7lvo
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I put cruise on and you can watch the mpg tick down .1 at a time till it hits the upper 8's. Cruise sucks fuel like its going out of style.
i have a hard time staying at the speed limit on long straight stretches without cc. She just moves so easy and effortlessly.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:48 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by IronCobra
PM sent

Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
What model Jayco is that with the hitch? Mine has a "cargo prep" which is just a couple of brackets on the frame. I have a bumper mount receiver for the bike rack but they take a hell of a beating back there.

I put S637 tires on before I left so I don't know if they make it ride rougher or not but I can't believe the amount of shaking stuff inside takes. I have nothing to compare to though as this is my first fiver and I never hauled it when loaded and with the softer OE tires.

My MorRyde pin box takes a beating on the roads too, doing its best to absorb some of the chucking from the lousy interstates.
Its the '16 Eagle HT 27.5 and its std equip on at least that model. I don't have the MorRyde pin box but I have the MorRyde wheel set, my pin box is and upgrade to the Resse Revolution... Just in looking at it I would think??? the MorRyde pin box would be better than the Resse, but what would I know.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:10 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,417 Likes on 1,012 Posts
Not my experience. I rather like the cruise control.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:08 AM
Joe/GA
Tuned
I don't have any numbers, but I have noticed that I get better mileage if I turn off the cruise control. The cruise control will slow you down when going downhill and will have to apply a lot more pedal to get back up to speed going up a hill. Without cruise, I'll let the speed creep up going down hill and let it drop a bit going up the hill to avoid using too much fuel. It makes a difference. That said, I sure like when I can take my foot off the pedal and squirm around on a long trip.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:05 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Joe/GA
I don't have any numbers, but I have noticed that I get better mileage if I turn off the cruise control. The cruise control will slow you down when going downhill and will have to apply a lot more pedal to get back up to speed going up a hill. Without cruise, I'll let the speed creep up going down hill and let it drop a bit going up the hill to avoid using too much fuel. It makes a difference. That said, I sure like when I can take my foot off the pedal and squirm around on a long trip.
I live in the Tex Hill Country and there is a reason they call it that. High is anything over 1750 ft and low is about 750 ft and the distance between the 2 would make a good roller coaster ride in most theme parks. Cruise is hard accel up the hills and throttle back going down, repeat over and over.

I find my CC to be VERY sensitive to changes in elevation even on the flat lands. But good mpg it does not deliver.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:52 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
PM sent

Its the '16 Eagle HT 27.5 and its std equip on at least that model. I don't have the MorRyde pin box but I have the MorRyde wheel set, my pin box is and upgrade to the Resse Revolution... Just in looking at it I would think??? the MorRyde pin box would be better than the Resse, but what would I know.
My Jayco has the MorRyde center link (3000 series I think) and the MorRyde pin box. The pin box takes a lot of the chucking movement from what I can see of the nylon puck movements.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:41 AM
RV Professor
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jayco 27.5 RKDS

This is exciting. We have been researching Fifth Wheels for a few months now. Ever since we purchased our F250 gas. We like the Jayco 27.5RKDS the best. Would love to contact you for some advice. Gary Payne garypaynemba@yahoo.com

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks,

Old 10-01-2016, 05:39 PM
montey2005
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at moving to a 5iver ONLY because Roy has one and he is a Navy guy and I am Army so I need one too. LOL only kidding on that, but worth a pull on Roy

Truth is we have an older dog and more difficult for him to get his 90 lbs up in/out our Truck Camper.

Looking at: Jayco 27.5 RKDS: 2016 Eagle HT 27.5RKDS | Jayco, Inc.

Any thoughts or comments welcome, never owned a 5iver...

Duke
I've been looking lately and found Vogt RV Centers | Fort Worth, Texas | RVs, Motorhomes & Trailers For Sale Dallas Fort Worth near Austin, Houston, San Antonio | Parts, Repair, Service
I'm told, yet to be 100% confirmed, that if you perform the annual maintenance they will warranty the Jayco for life. The paperwork I took said the same thing and I did ask if the maintenance was to be performed only there to which he said "no" as long as you have proof it's been done. Just an FYI.

Quick Reply: All you 5ivers