Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 07:42 PM
gbltrottr
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Socal Help Needed: Autoenginuity

Hey all - new here.
I have a Ford Excursion V10 6.8L Gas.
It is a Whipple Supercharged truck as well.
I just changed the tires from stock to 37" Hummer Wheels from Trailworthy with BFG T/A tires. (I actually changed gears to 5:13's and the rear is a truetrac along with a front Auburn Ected differential).
Could any of you hook me up with your Autoenginuity and change my ABS setting to 37's? I'm in Southern California. I'll travel most anywhere.
(I would typically not ask and purchase it, however: given the Whipple, I have to remove the two extra injectors and the Whipple EFI box, requiring me to purchase and use a Moates Quarterhorse and a different tuning product, and coretuning doesn't change ABS parameters). I'll gladly return the favor in kind some other manner -

Thank you! PM or reply here please...

Truck by , on Flickr
Truck by , on Flickr
Truck by , on Flickr
Truck by , on Flickr

Old 03-09-2016, 09:00 PM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome! I hope someone can help you... That said, normally a thread without pics is worthless. You have the pics! However in this case, a thread about a supercharged V10 without a pic of a supercharged V10 is borderline worthless!!! Lets see that thing! Oh, and I hope someone can help you with your question.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:52 AM
OldBlackCat
Fleet Mechanic
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts
cant help ya with programming, but sure is a interesting vehicle you got there! did you add the side steps and roof rack/ grab bar or acquire a retired swat vehicle?

Old 03-10-2016, 02:47 AM
gbltrottr
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whipple V10

I just landed in Seattle and I'm just too lazy to find a picture - looks like this:

At the time that Whipple brought these out they had a couple of extra 100lb injectors to supplement instead of using larger overall injectors and tuning it internally with something like SCT or else. I'll be removing the Whipple EFI as others have and use a Moates Quarterhorse to tune it properly along with the extra injectors.

As to the Swat Truck question - trix are for kids. Swat today uses either Lenco Bears / Bearcats if they spent a ton of money, or MRAP's if they took Obama's sweetheart deal before Obama changed his mind again. This is just...an Excursion. We had a former excursion that did come with many of the accoutrements that was hit fairly hard by a box truck, so when we found this Supercharged one we simply moved a lot of what came with it to this one. Orange County has a couple of these to this date but they don't really use them the same way since they have much nicer toys.

People had originally removed many parts of the truck - the top rails, the side steps, etc. We decided to have them built back and slightly changed a few things. Frankly the PIAA's in the front still give out fairly weak light (hence the 300w Cree LED light bar as well as the Rigid D2's, etc.). The side lights (alley lights) are the usual new version Whelen 75W Pioneers. The bumper is a beast made by Reunel with inset Rigid Duallys and a 12000lb Warn Winch and yes, it is a real 1/4" steel, as is the rear bumper (not made by Reunel). The original truck had the spare tire inside which was awkward given the truckvaults in the rear. The original side steps required 2 people to pull them out versus the new design which is a bit cleaner. Wheels are Trail Worthy Beadlocks with PVC inserts and Bata BFG t/a's. Externally that's what's in the truck. The rear wheels and tires originally were...weak. The problem with putting too high a lift on the truck is....twisted ankles and what not, so the lift is a very conservative 4" from BDS and a little trimming on the fenders. No fender flares. The hummer tires only come out perhaps an inch an a half. It does have airbags in the rear.

The 5:13's give it a bit more pull given the weight on it as given what's inside and outside it is...heavy. The rear is a Truetrac and the front is an Auburn Ected. The flooring is your typical government flooring with the radios installed under the rear passenger seat.