oneowner83
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome aboard, Deysha.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:52 AM
kerm7807
Freshman User
So here's the latest problems with our Platinum. This problem is not new to the Eco-boost. My friend has a 3 year old Flex and when I told him about it, he said the same thing was going on with the car and told me that it ended up being the throttle body! Are you kidding me Ford!? This has been a problem with QC across an entire drive train and not exclusive to a model. And all I heard at first was that they couldn't recreate the concern and there was no problem, yet this has been ongoing for years. I'm seriously done with Ford. When I'm not upside down in this loan, it's gone and that's the end. This car has been in the garage for 11 days so far. POS

Two front parking aid sensors failed cause of your warning message
Throttle body is the cause of the surging
Rear latch needs replacement, may also be the cause of your no key detected message.

We were actually monitoring turbo waste gate position, and saw that when your concern was present, the waste gate position was fluctuating. Knowing that throttle position is directly corolated with this, we monitored throttle plate position (TPP), we can see that when your concern arises, there is a spike in voltage from the TPP, that directly after, causes the wastegate value to fluctuate.
I will be in touch with an update on part eta

Old 04-13-2016, 08:24 PM
kerm7807
Freshman User
Newest update today below. I don't know if I'll ever get our car back.

received the throttle body this morning, like we had spoken about. Installed the throttle body and cleared all codes, adaptive memory. I rode with the foreman on the post repair test drive, still having a the concern. Ontop of that, the park assist light came back on, with trouble codes for two different parking aid sensors.* I apologize that it is seemingly one thing-after-another, but we are committed and optimistic that there is an end solution here. At this point, I have gotten our regional Field Service Engineer involved and am going to escalate this case, to get some factory reps out here to assist with diagnosis. We are continuing to diagnose, but are currently awaiting contact from FMC.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:41 AM
oneowner83
Elder User
Does your state have a "lemon law"? I think you're due for a new car.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:22 AM
kerm7807
Freshman User
Originally Posted by oneowner83
Does your state have a "lemon law"? I think you're due for a new car.
Yes we do, but it's not an easy process. It may come to that. We shall see.

Old 04-15-2016, 01:44 PM
kerm7807
Freshman User
So the newest update gets more vague. They had to order some module for the park aid, but sounds like that is a back order and they've exhausted everything with the engine bucking. They are down to believing the turbos are bad and need to be replaced, but no one is talking about dates, parts, repairs or anything?

I mentioned wanting to talk to a ford Rep to talk about a buy back and they clammed up. They can do a buy back or I'm going to be within the lemon law guide lines and they can pay it back anyway and have a $58,000 car with a salvaged title. Their choice. I'm so tired of this. They will have had my car for almost all of April and logged hundreds of miles on it. Don't they think it's time to do something?

Old 04-19-2016, 01:17 PM
kerm7807
Freshman User
Two weeks in the garage and Ford still doesn't give a damn. The Ford Rep won't even return my call. How hum, lemon law here I come. They still haven't fixed it and don't know what's wrong. The regional Ford Service Engineer is looking at it today and maybe I'll get some kind of answer, but I already told them I'm planning on picking it up tomorrow and starting my lemon law proceedings. Buyer Beware, Ford is a piece of crap, and shame on me. This is the second Ford that I've had to file on. There won't be a third.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:10 PM
heymrdj
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Salvaged title? Why would it be salvaged?

Not putting down your intelligence, but how bad is this fluctuation? Is it losing power? Are you absolutely certain that the engine is not operating to specification in terms of idling?

Old 05-18-2016, 06:39 AM
kerm7807
Freshman User
Originally Posted by heymrdj
Salvaged title? Why would it be salvaged?

Not putting down your intelligence, but how bad is this fluctuation? Is it losing power? Are you absolutely certain that the engine is not operating to specification in terms of idling?
Thanks so much for not putting down my intelligence. Why would you even start with that? Cars that go through lemon law in Vermont and are found to be a lemon get a salvaged title.
The fluctuation is bad enough that at times you can not back or drive from a parking position because the car is bucking so badly. You either need to hit the brakes to stop and wait for the engine to settle down or punch the throttle. Punching the throttle isn't usually an option in parking lots. And I really doubt that's within operating specifications, but FMC came back and said that it is. Have a nice day.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:08 PM
heymrdj
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kerm7807
Thanks so much for not putting down my intelligence. Why would you even start with that? Cars that go through lemon law in Vermont and are found to be a lemon get a salvaged title.
The fluctuation is bad enough that at times you can not back or drive from a parking position because the car is bucking so badly. You either need to hit the brakes to stop and wait for the engine to settle down or punch the throttle. Punching the throttle isn't usually an option in parking lots. And I really doubt that's within operating specifications, but FMC came back and said that it is. Have a nice day.
Oh come off it with your emotional drama. I did not see in the thread, on my mobile device, if you had mentioned how strong the vibrations are. At times I see some people complain if there is even the slightest vibrations (some Ford Ranger owners are good for that). Yours is obviously way out of wack.

I own a Fiesta with the DPS6, I know what it's like to beat your head against the wall with a dealer and (2.5 years later) still have no fix. So again, come off it.

My 14 Fiesta has issues, my 14 Buick Verano still has a squeaky steering column, my 13 Dart Limited went in 17 times to the dealer for various things and they never could fix the gas door where you could open it in winter. My 12 Civic had vibrations.

The Yukons are getting chopper like noises in the cab. Sierras/Silverados are vibrating with no fix known. DI engines are coking up with the only fix being to take the heads off and clean them.

We are in a bad time to get cars as more savings have to be made, yet the .gov wants us to spend way more on the worth of the car for the R&D to find those extra 1 or 2 MPG. 60K these days is not alot of money for a car, it's certainly not luxury. 85+ is the low end luxury these days, with 120-140K being the luxury market that was 60-80K a decade ago. The quality control just isn't there. And dealers feel the pinch worse of all. No training budget, and no info from Ford on how to fix these electrical beasts.

I hope you get your truck repaired. More so, I hope whatever you jump to next will treat you better, as I'm in the same boat. I don't know if my next vehicle will be a Ford or not. But I have alot of automotive friends. Fiestas and Focii, STI/WRX/Forester/Outback, Tundras/Yaris/Corolla, Ranger and Canyon. I ride with all of these people weekly at work. And these are new, all 13 or newer (most are 15/16). None of them have been free of issues. My Fiesta and the Focus are both shop bound for the transmission problems. WRX is shop pound for a caliper issue a second time. Forester is back again for a door seal issue. Yaris has had multiple body issues, and we're waiting to get it back today for it's 4 body repair. Ranger 2.3L vibrates the truck like hell and we had to use a gasket on the glove box to stop the racket. The Canyon threw a low pressure light and had to have 2 sensors replaced a week after it came in. It's the nature of this new car world.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:57 PM
oneowner83
Elder User
My 14 Explorer 3.5 w/ 20,000 miles has been flawless. Haven't been to the dealer once. There are design flaws IMO, like the horrendous blind spot on the left A pillar. One of these days I'm gonna run over a pedestrian crossing in front of me.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:39 PM
nckracer
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 2016 Platinum does the same thing with the throttle surging. I just let off the throttle and ease back into it and it works fine every time. Wife has more trouble with it than I do, I would say I'm much more aggressive with the throttle.

The foot under the rear bumper with the fob in your pocket is a joke, it has worked twice out of 100 tries.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:07 PM
linedog
Cross-Country
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2016 Platinum, agreed the tailgate foot release is an absolute joke! Our pedal adjust did not work, turns out there were bent pins on the back of the switch. does Ford even check the operation of things before a vehicle leaves the factory??? Not to hijack your thread, Crystal left for "Bigger and Better" things, typical of Fords customer service. She just walks away and leaves everybody hanging without so much as a hand off to someone else. I'm done with Fords also, the Explorer is my wives, when my Escape dies I will look for something else.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:14 AM
kerm7807
Freshman User
Just putting this one to bed. After over a month in the garage, the only thing they ever fixed on this vehicle was the leaking roof. Pages and pages of repairs and data and the car was still garbage. We sued Ford via lemon law because they wouldn't do anything to help us out of this car until we did. Ford doesn't care about quality and they definitely don't care about their customers. I will NEVER buy another Ford. I'm done. Good luck to all of you with an Explorer.