Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My grand daughters could rip my heart out and not have to ask for foregiveness

Old 02-07-2016, 06:34 AM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gatorfor88
My grand daughters could rip my heart out and not have to ask for foregiveness
I feel the same way about lots of my relatives, including one of my step kids, but three of my step kids are like living with the devil. Not to go into details, but the intentional destruction of my vehicles is on the mild side of their behavior.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:43 AM
UnionHauler690
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice lookin' Bronco.....I'd offer him $2950......

Old 02-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by phillips91
It's been a while since I've been to Arizona, but I always tell my wife I need to hook an extra trailer up to my rig so I can bring some old cars back with me. I see a ton of 30's to 50's model cars and trucks out there in the fields and not a one of them is rusted out like stuff from the 90's is here.

As for the girl, forgiveness would be given if it was asked for. She's 11 and always says "it's just a car, get over it" when I find out she broke something. 7 more years. Not that I'm counting down or anything lol.
Oh man.... if she's saying something like that and doesn't care... that makes the situation a little different...

I can't wait myself to get me own place after I do my time in the Air Force. I know I'll pick up tons of vehicles to restore because there are so many around here. I'll probably do it as a hobby that slowly pays for itself the more cars I restore and sell. I'll keep the real good ones I pick up. I know for sure I'm always keeping my Bronco though being it was my first vehicle that I wanted for years before obtaining.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:56 PM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones
Oh man.... if she's saying something like that and doesn't care... that makes the situation a little different...
And not just not caring, but doing it intentionally. Her and her sister went outside one day and stood about three feet from my f250 and hit rocks into the side of it with a stick. They do the same thing to my house too. Kick holes in the walls, write on walls, carpet and furniture with sharpies, etc. The boy(17 years old) does stuff like leaving razor blades and knives all over my 18 month old son's room when I'm gone to work(among other things just as dangerous). He also breaks my lawn tools(weed eaters, mowers, hedge trimmers, etc) and says he does it so he doesn't have to do yard work. You forgive unconditionally for the first couple of years, but after that forgiveness is not really an option.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:05 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by phillips91
And not just not caring, but doing it intentionally. Her and her sister went outside one day and stood about three feet from my f250 and hit rocks into the side of it with a stick. They do the same thing to my house too. Kick holes in the walls, write on walls, carpet and furniture with sharpies, etc. The boy(17 years old) does stuff like leaving razor blades and knives all over my 18 month old son's room when I'm gone to work(among other things just as dangerous). He also breaks my lawn tools(weed eaters, mowers, hedge trimmers, etc) and says he does it so he doesn't have to do yard work. You forgive unconditionally for the first couple of years, but after that forgiveness is not really an option.
Wow... man I'm sorry that you have to be in that situation that sounds like a complete nightmare! I wish I would have advice to help but I'm 100% inept in that field. I want kids eventually, but hearing stories like this makes me scared! Plus, I'm going to finish my last semester of college, serve my time in the Air Force, and get a career before I ever think I'd be considered ready for kids!

I've had my Bronco for close to 10 years now, and I plan on keeping it. If anyone ever purposely damaged it, well I don't know how mad I'd feel.

Hopefully you're not too stressed with your kids! I guess the good news is they won't live at home forever! Funny thing with me though, it's been taking me way too long to get my degree, so I'm still living at home and I just turned 27. I help a bunch around the house though and am the family mechanic so that helps. Plus, I know how amazing I have it not having to stress about rent while going to school, so I'm super grateful. I do wish I had my own place and especially garage, but that will wait for me after I get out of school!