Sponsored by:

Stuff i wanna fix: pics (secret button)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 04:29 PM
jrockdiddy
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuff i wanna fix: pics (secret button)

First off, the keypad doesn't light up when i hit a button. I researched and am looking for the fuse and the 5 digit master code behind radio. No luck so far. Is this the one that runs off a battery?

master code???

Have some nice tow mirrors, they move with the switch, but the turn signals don't work on them. wondering if thats a wiring problem, or a bulb...

Also, found a secret button. doesn't do anything when i flip it. any ideas? how do i find what it is wired to without pulling everything apart?

Old 01-16-2016, 04:39 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Talking

If you can't find the 5 digit code go to your dealership and have them run the OASIS report (no charge) and in most cases they will give you the code.

On the mirrors, I would check the bulbs first, then the wiring. Possibly the wrong connector was used or more likely was jury-rigged.

No idea on that aftermarket switch.

BTW, the driver's door has been repainted.

What year is your EX?

Old 01-16-2016, 04:51 PM
jrockdiddy
Fleet Mechanic
2000 limited v10 183k
And they keypad not lighting up? Fuse? What's the OASIS report. Do you guys have a member map link like the 48-56 section?

Originally Posted by mecdac
If you can't find the 5 digit code go to your dealership and have them run the OASIS report (no charge) and in most cases they will give you the code.

On the mirrors, I would check the bulbs first, then the wiring. Possibly the wrong connector was used or more likely was jury-rigged.

No idea on that aftermarket switch.

BTW, the driver's door has been repainted.

What year is your EX?

Old 01-16-2016, 05:28 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by jrockdiddy
Do you guys have a member map link like the 48-56 section?
Yes we do Our good friend Twitchy made one, I'll try and find it

Old 01-16-2016, 05:39 PM
harley4jcs
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 limited v10 183k
And they keypad not lighting up? Fuse? What's the OASIS report. Do you guys have a member map link like the 48-56 section?
You can get you master code by running the # sequence in 10 MIN or less. Then you can add your own custom code. I have 3 2000s & I don't ever remember seeing any lights on the key pad BUT I guess I would have to use it to find out. I'm thinking I'll only ever use it if I lock the keys inside. I'm also hoping I will remember the code is my birthday.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:40 PM
harley4jcs
Posting Guru
Call the PO for the switch info...

Old 01-16-2016, 06:02 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
What's the OASIS report.
Online Automotive Service Information System .

Old 01-16-2016, 07:00 PM
ESank
Junior User
The 5 digit master code can be found here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post10496445

Make sure you read the whole thread! Could save you hours....

Old 01-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ESank
The 5 digit master code can be found here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post10496445

Make sure you read the whole thread! Could save you hours....
Will takes HOURS to read that thread (as will a few other enormously popular threads in the Excursion forum)
I just took my new-to-me Ex to the Ford Dealer in town, bought a 2nd Ford key programmed for my Ex and requested they lookup my factory code.
A guess: the 2000 didn't have turn signals in the mirrors.. you MIGHT have to wire something up yourself?
The secret switch could be anything.. maybe it kills the power port to avoid a dead battery?? Or kills the interior lights when doors are open??

Old 01-16-2016, 07:55 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Misky6.0
Will takes HOURS to read that thread (as will a few other enormously popular threads in the Excursion forum)
I just took my new-to-me Ex to the Ford Dealer in town, bought a 2nd Ford key programmed for my Ex and requested they lookup my factory code.
I did the same, requested an extra key, oil change, complimentary inspection and requested my code... Dealer did not charge me for code.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:12 PM
El_Coqui
Senior User
Hey! You have one of those mystery buttons too!! All I've figured so far is it doesn't kill my dome lights when it's on and it washes my radio with static the moment I flip it on. Needless to say, it stays switched off.

As for the mirrors, plan on using the wiring diagram in the tech folder to get the turn signal and running lights going. I still have to do the same for my 02....turns work just no running light

For your door code....the other guys are right. Have the dealer look it up for you. If I remember right, Ford didn't put that code sticker in until 02 model. No amount of contortions, swear words, praying or jacking your wife's makeup mirror to see a code that's not there will work......ask me how I know Your other bet for that is about six and a half pages of numbers that you type in on the keypad until one unlocks the doors. I did this for my 01 but if I had had the time I would've just asked the dealer....lost my place halfway through when the doors unlocked and had to retrace my steps. The other issue you run in to is that the code may be the PO personal code and not the master code. You need the master code to create your own code. Save time and frustration...see if the dealer will hook you up with the code

Old 01-16-2016, 10:43 PM
jrockdiddy
Fleet Mechanic
Thanks coqui!!! All the answers I was looking for right there!!! Go cardinals!!! What a football game!!!

Originally Posted by El_Coqui
Hey! You have one of those mystery buttons too!! All I've figured so far is it doesn't kill my dome lights when it's on and it washes my radio with static the moment I flip it on. Needless to say, it stays switched off.

As for the mirrors, plan on using the wiring diagram in the tech folder to get the turn signal and running lights going. I still have to do the same for my 02....turns work just no running light

For your door code....the other guys are right. Have the dealer look it up for you. If I remember right, Ford didn't put that code sticker in until 02 model. No amount of contortions, swear words, praying or jacking your wife's makeup mirror to see a code that's not there will work......ask me how I know Your other bet for that is about six and a half pages of numbers that you type in on the keypad until one unlocks the doors. I did this for my 01 but if I had had the time I would've just asked the dealer....lost my place halfway through when the doors unlocked and had to retrace my steps. The other issue you run in to is that the code may be the PO personal code and not the master code. You need the master code to create your own code. Save time and frustration...see if the dealer will hook you up with the code

Old 01-17-2016, 06:46 AM
harley4jcs
Posting Guru
I did the # sequence on 2 of my trucks of my trucks. BOTH times it took me longer to print the 2 pages than to get my codes. I would not even think of dicking with a dealer JUST for that alone. Much less, I'm an hour from the nearest one.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:16 AM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
After searching under dash with no luck, frustrating, I found mine in manual. It was original sticker stuck on (inside) front cover. Unbelievable I never noticed it before. Good luck

Old 01-17-2016, 10:49 AM
jrockdiddy
Fleet Mechanic
Well, i finished typing in all the codes, and just my luck nothing happened...My wife has a lincoln aviator, so i know how to use the keypad. I don't have the owners manual.... is there a fuse i can check? Where's all the codes that start with number 3?? like 35335??? 35553, etc....
Could the previous owner disconnected the keypad??

Quick Reply: Stuff i wanna fix: pics (secret button)