Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POST PICS OF YOUR EX IN THE SNOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 09:53 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 931 Likes on 679 Posts
Lol, thanks Michael, I needed that laugh!

Old 01-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Immortal_Ben
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
OK all, sorry that I have been gone from the forum for a couple of weeks. My 6yo step-daughter was in Texas when Goliath hit and her birth dad couldn't get her home. He gave up at Lubbock.

So.... since we had to go rescue the lil one, we loaded up the Ex with snow blower, shovels, -20 degree bags, food, water, changes of clothes, and a few other things.

Made it to Lubbock no problem and spent the next 2 days plowing people out.

Well I have been trying for 20 minutes to post pics, but it is not working. Will get em in when I can, I guess.

EDIT: Still cant post pics....

Old 01-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,344 Likes on 1,752 Posts
Originally Posted by A Rodder
Thank you, I bought that from a friend early last spring. It's kinda beat up a little on the outside so I actually like it more in the way of someone is less likely to think I have good stuff in it.

It is loaded on the inside with E trac, fold down bed, cabinets, compressor, winch, batteries, 110 lighting and an RV propane furnace.
It doesn't look beat up to me. It looks good. And I noticed the furnace right away. What I especially liked about your trailer was that it was a V nose, but a short V nose rather than a long one. Sometimes, the greater sail panel area of long V nose trailers end up being too large of a surface area... that the air pressure from passing semi's pushes against, inducing a yaw movement at the hitch.

I'm not an expert in the effects of aerodynamics, but a long V nose can introduce a strange dynamic different than what one might expect. The expectation might be more "slipperiness", less "frontal area" exposure, and decreased drag with a long V nose. But strangely, the wind pushes against the broad area of the long nose sort of sideways, at the front of the trailer which is least stabilized by gravity on the trailer's axles.

Anyway, a shorter V nose accomplishes a lower drag coefficient on the frontal area, without introducing this other effect. That was the first thing I noticed about your trailer. The second thing was the fact that the trailer's tongue could accommodate any type of weight distribution system. The third thing I noticed was the slightly sloping front fiberglass cap, which not only slopes slightly for improved aerodynamics, but also sheds water forward away from the man door on the side, and I'll bet is even translucent to let light through.

Sorry for the off topic distraction... but many snowmobile trailers do have V fronts with drive through doors, so tangentially speaking, this is still sort of distantly related to snow. Kind of.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:48 PM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2KW57
It doesn't look beat up to me. It looks good. And I noticed the furnace right away. What I especially liked about your trailer was that it was a V nose, but a short V nose rather than a long one. Sometimes, the greater sail panel area of long V nose trailers end up being too large of a surface area... that the air pressure from passing semi's pushes against, inducing a yaw movement at the hitch.

I'm not an expert in the effects of aerodynamics, but a long V nose can introduce a strange dynamic different than what one might expect. The expectation might be more "slipperiness", less "frontal area" exposure, and decreased drag with a long V nose. But strangely, the wind pushes against the broad area of the long nose sort of sideways, at the front of the trailer which is least stabilized by gravity on the trailer's axles.

Anyway, a shorter V nose accomplishes a lower drag coefficient on the frontal area, without introducing this other effect. That was the first thing I noticed about your trailer. The second thing was the fact that the trailer's tongue could accommodate any type of weight distribution system. The third thing I noticed was the slightly sloping front fiberglass cap, which not only slopes slightly for improved aerodynamics, but also sheds water forward away from the man door on the side, and I'll bet is even translucent to let light through.

Sorry for the off topic distraction... but many snowmobile trailers do have V fronts with drive through doors, so tangentially speaking, this is still sort of distantly related to snow. Kind of.
I've worked on and at some points sold enclosed trailers my whole working life.
I've never towed a traditional 5' V nose style trailer, but I understand what you are saying. This one does tow well with a the extra tongue weight of the V and what I have up front.

That front cap is not light emitting in the way that the front roof area has a panel "header" there. Drops from the ceiling about 7" and spans the width. A cd player is now in it.

It's a very used setup. I did tow it on Saturday and I think I will need to put new backing plates on it, or st a very minimum adjust the brakes. I'm not getting much help from them. But that's easy for me to deal with.

I would NOT be thrilled to tow in the snowy conditions with the hills / mountains we have here!

Old 01-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Lance Helmert
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Brooke bought this when she was 14. We need to do more body work, but it's a blast to drive.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Mikpsdad
Senior User
Originally Posted by Lance Helmert

Brooke bought this when she was 14. We need to do more body work, but it's a blast to drive.

A square body and an ex. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Mikpsdad
Senior User
I know its dark

Had to make some parking spaces. The road was getting pretty narrow. That's my ex in front of the pile.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:47 PM
HiZ
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Another Wisconsin rig! Sweet

Old 01-09-2016, 09:52 PM
HiZ
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

1/8/2016

Old 01-09-2016, 09:57 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Keep posting snow pics, I've forgotten what snow looks like. We did get more freezing rain last night/today though.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:03 AM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Had lots of snow that just a few days ago got wiped out by a weird rain storm

Then we get this overnight

El Niño is playing some weird tricks

Sorry to continue to torment you Russ

Old 01-13-2016, 10:29 AM
Twitchyleprechaun
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Finally got one this year....kinda. I hogged the shot.....

Old 01-13-2016, 10:42 AM
Jolly_Green
4wd Low
I wish car washes would last longer in the winter.

Attached Images   
Old 01-13-2016, 11:37 AM
Hkyplayr2
Junior User
1/12/2016 -4 degrees and down to -20 wind chill all night and she fired up no problem! Never had remote start before this Ex, will always have remote start from now on.

Attached Images  
Old 01-13-2016, 06:34 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm surprised at the lack of snow, nice pics guys!

Quick Reply: POST PICS OF YOUR EX IN THE SNOW!!!