6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Dealer Won't Give me a Receipt for New F250

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealer Won't Give me a Receipt for New F250

As some of you guys know, I purchased a New 2016 F250 two Weeks ago. After negotiating the new Truck price, and Trade in, I was shown a paper called a Retail Purchase Agreement, which listed the Discounts, Factory Incentives, Trade, Taxes and title Ect. After finishing with the Salesman, I was sent in to see the Financial Person who set up the Loan, and the trade in papers were signed. So he has a large stack of papers for me to sign. As he passes each one to me he explained what each document was. About halfway through the process he hands me a form and says nothing so I read it. It authorized them to charge me $599 for Paint Treatment. Another form authorized them to charge another $450 for some kind of Theft Insurance. I refused to sign either form which pissed him off. They had to deduct another $1K from the price of the truck. So after all of the smoke cleared he puts all of my copies of the Documents in an envelope, and we drive away in the new F250. The next day I opened the envelope, and the Retail Purchase Agreement (Receipt) is missing. I called the Dealership, and got a hold of the two persons that I delt with. It dosen't look like they want to send it. Although they are being a PITA about sending a receipt for the Truck, I did get an excellent Deal. I will start by sending a complaint to the local BBB. Anyway the new Truck Rocks.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:13 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
I would walk in and ask for the manager/owner.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:18 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
The bill of sale missing is one thing but you must have been given loan documents? Your final sale price is listed there. Make sure that is correct and keep pressing for the bill of sale.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:25 PM
cabindoc
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
What he said.....hint to them that if is the way they do business, maybe you will take your service work elsewhere...

Old 11-10-2015, 10:18 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you feel that you were unjustly treated or that the dealership attempted to mislead, cover up, misrepresent, or deal in good faith you could contact your state attorney general who will look into the sale practices of the dealership.

Keep in mind that the F&I people get paid a commission on back end sales. Don't assume that one individuals sakes tactic is 100% backed nor known by the dealerships sales manager or general manager.

And of course you will receive a survey from Ford. Ford takes these surveys very seriously.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:23 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
$600 "Paint treatment"? This country needs an enema.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:42 PM
slorider
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigredtruckmi
I would walk in and ask for the manager/owner.
I myself would first ask the manager/owner kindly for your sales contract then sit down in his office office till he produces it. Sounds like they may be hiding or covering something up if they are stalling to get you a copy of your contract.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:20 AM
tvsjr
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sit yourself in the owner's office and demand your receipt. He'll react one of two ways:
Option #1 - he'll be apologetic and wonder what happened. Then you explain the crap his F&I guy pulled, and let him handle it. This indicates it's one rogue F&I guy that needs adjustment.
Option #2 - he'll go talk to the F&I guy, then come back all pissed off. He'll conduct his own stall tactics. This indicates the problem is endemic to the dealership. Once you get your receipt, get Ford, BBB, state AG, etc. involved.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:42 AM
34SF
Mountain Pass
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by jonrjen
...And of course you will receive a survey from Ford. Ford takes these surveys very seriously.
You'd like to think they do but I believe they don't. I had arranged my own financing and refused to allow the dealer to run a credit check (I'm in that group that China hacked the records of) and found out the next day they ran it anyway, tried to stick me with the "national registry" for the VIN crap, and then only half installed a bed liner. Wrote it all up in better English than this when my survey came and sent it in. Nothing, not a word from Ford or the dealer. The state AG now has a complaint on file but it seems once Ford got the check, the sweetness and light was over.

I bought by ESP from out of state for $1250 less than quoted by the F&I closer who said "this is only $25 over our cost!" I'm former military and told them straight up on the first minute I met the sales guy, "I will not lie to you; do not lie to me." But they can't help themselves. Don't know if the survey does anything or not but I know exactly where I won't be spending a dime for service or parts.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:05 AM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The dealership is over 100mi from me. The only reason that I bought from them was that they had the exact Truck that I wanted on the Lot, and I got a good deal. I won't waste the Diesel to go back there and try to get the receipt. I don't use them for Service either. I have the Loan papers and that is Etched in Stone so they can't mess with that. I never needed the Purchase Agreement for the last two trucks, it just the principle of the thing..............Lew

Old 11-11-2015, 07:38 AM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 34SF
You'd like to think they do but I believe they don't. I had arranged my own financing and refused to allow the dealer to run a credit check (I'm in that group that China hacked the records of) and found out the next day they ran it anyway, tried to stick me with the "national registry" for the VIN crap, and then only half installed a bed liner. Wrote it all up in better English than this when my survey came and sent it in. Nothing, not a word from Ford or the dealer. The state AG now has a complaint on file but it seems once Ford got the check, the sweetness and light was over.

I bought by ESP from out of state for $1250 less than quoted by the F&I closer who said "this is only $25 over our cost!" I'm former military and told them straight up on the first minute I met the sales guy, "I will not lie to you; do not lie to me." But they can't help themselves. Don't know if the survey does anything or not but I know exactly where I won't be spending a dime for service or parts.
I personally have seen bad surveys come in and the sales dept stewing over it. You're assessed a score from Ford due to these surveys. Yes, Ford does see them, and yes, someone has discussed your survey. Response from there depends on the dealership.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:44 AM
iwsmitty25
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
receipt

I understand your frustration with sales.
I had a great experience with Freeway Ford in Lyons Illinois.
Got the price down on a used 2011 F250 FX4 CREW CAB 6.7ltr .
There wasn't any owners manual with my truck when I went to look for information on the message center and this truck's options.
I called them and they got them from the original owner and mailed them to me as they are about 140 miles away from me.
They also filled my tank and paid half the cost of the new tires on the truck after I negotiated the price 😊

Old 11-11-2015, 07:47 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,068 Likes on 2,217 Posts
I'd PM Crystal and she if she can influence the dealership to give you a bill of sale if the owner or General Manager will not help you. Talk to them first. Also, mention future business if this is how you are going to be treated.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:32 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Nipperdog
...The next day I opened the envelope, and the Retail Purchase Agreement (Receipt) is missing. I called the Dealership, and got a hold of the two persons that I delt with. It dosen't look like they want to send it...
Hi Nipperdog,

Congrats on the new rig! As some other folks have suggested, I'd recommend reaching out to the general manager of the dealership directly; I know they'd appreciate the opportunity to make this right. Additionally, I can document your feedback about this experience. Just PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, dealer info, and any specifics you'd like me to include. I'll do the rest.

Originally Posted by SavageNFS
I'd PM Crystal and she if she can influence the dealership to give you a bill of sale if the owner or General Manager will not help you. Talk to them first. Also, mention future business if this is how you are going to be treated.
Thanks for recommending me, Andre. I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by 34SF

Hi 34SF,

I want to document this feedback so it's available for internal review. To make that happen, PM me the details I listed above (full name, best daytime phone number, dealer info, any details about your experience); I'll make sure it gets entered in our system.

Originally Posted by iwsmitty25
I understand your frustration with sales.
I had a great experience with Freeway Ford in Lyons Illinois.
Got the price down on a used 2011 F250 FX4 CREW CAB 6.7ltr .
There wasn't any owners manual with my truck when I went to look for information on the message center and this truck's options.
I called them and they got them from the original owner and mailed them to me as they are about 140 miles away from me.
They also filled my tank and paid half the cost of the new tires on the truck after I negotiated the price ��
What an awesome dealership, iwsmitty25! Let's make sure Freeway Ford knows what a great job they did. PM me the same information I listed for the other folks, and I'll take it from there.

Crystal

Old 11-11-2015, 11:26 AM
donovan
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
What

Did you get your finance document's, that should be your receipt. It should list cash, trade in ect. The "Title" is held by your finance company our the state depends. So when you say receipt you are not asking for title are you? Your simple asking for a list of the transactions, and that should be in your finance papers, if not hoollly hell.

All dealers lie and negate facts. If they told the truth and where up front they would go out of business.

On the 600 paint treatment(Nice wax job) tells you all you need to know. I

Quick Reply: Dealer Won't Give me a Receipt for New F250