New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Owner from Washington State!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 01:19 AM
Minuteman3
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner from Washington State!!

Greetings!!

Just celebrated our two-weeks of ownership ... and I'm still learning minor tricks with our 2015 Lariat SuperCrew!!

Traded in a 2014 Ram Big Horn Quad Cab with 20k miles. Really cannot say anything bad about the Ram, it was reliable and extremely economical (with the Pentastar V-6/8-sp AT we had). Turned out that the quad cab's little back seat was just too small for our needs. I can honestly say that we liked the Ram enough that if we had gotten a crew cab to begin with, I seriously doubt we'd have traded!!

Looked first at a Ram crew cab but we don't tow or haul much, so the V-6 was plenty powerful for our needs. Turns out, it was only available via special order in the Laramie series. Everyone only had the hemi (+$2k extra) or the EcoDiesel (+$5k extra).

I decided to shop around a little, and this Ruby Red 3.5 EB beauty was calling us!! It has a bunch more room in the back, plus the Lariat series has a few creature comforts that were missing from our Big Horn series, such as Auto AC. Nothing big, but when we decided to get a bigger cab, we figured we might as well get the creature comforts as well!!

So far, we're really very happy. The financial deal was acceptable, and I'm really enjoying the F-150. The only thing I have missed so far are the front parking sensors we had on the Ram. I haven't run into anything yet, but I'll admit I certainly got used to the little beeps from the front when pulling into parking spots!!

Cheers!!

Ken

Livin' in the PACIFIC NORTHWEST!!
2015 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5EB, 4x4
2011 Saab 9.5 Aero XWD and 2004 Ford Taurus