Sponsored by: Moser

78 F100 lift kit recomendations please

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 10:44 AM
craig_b
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
78 F100 lift kit recomendations please

hey guys, new to the fourm,im from New Zealand. i picked myself up a 78 F100 custom a year ago, rebuilt the bottom end on it, now im going for a stroker on the 351c to a 408. have fully rebuilt the manual trans and transfer. currently running 33" tyres but thinking about doing a 4" lift and 35" tyres. could i get some recommendations on who sells a good kit with everything needed (other than brake lines and drive shaft if needed) and that isnt rock hard suspension. its just a weekend driver for going up river beds/forestry/any mud i can find/towing the bikes around etc. heres a pic of the beast when i picked it up

Old 10-08-2015, 11:31 AM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Jeff's Bronco Graveyard
Skyjacker Suspension
Rocky Mountain Suspension Products

Welcome to FTE!

A four-inch lift generally does not require longer driveshafts. It is however highly recommended if not required with a six-inch lift.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:51 PM
craig_b
New User
cheers, ive contacted JBG a couple of times as id be interested in getting a few other parts from there also but no replys at all. do they normally reply withing a decent time frame? ill look into the other companys. i think the skyjacker kits were using blocks which i want to steer clear of but will look at their site again. cheers dude

Old 10-08-2015, 05:17 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by craig_b
cheers, ive contacted JBG a couple of times as id be interested in getting a few other parts from there also but no replys at all. do they normally reply withing a decent time frame? ill look into the other companys. i think the skyjacker kits were using blocks which i want to steer clear of but will look at their site again. cheers dude
Then I'd call Rocky Mountain... they can assemble a system to your heart's desire.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:04 AM
craig_b
New User
cheers mate, ill give them a yell next week when i get a chance, has anyone had any first hand experiences with any 4" lifts?

Old 10-15-2015, 05:45 AM
gatorfor88
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a 79 f150 4x4 I installed a skyjacker kit on. all the lift came from the springs,used factory block. Front end lift was from coils and used different degreed radius arm bushings. Was less than $500 at the time. Of course the time was around 1980.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:20 PM
Hussie
New User
Craig b

Hey Craig I'm also in nz and wondering how you got on with your 4" lift. I've got a 77 f100 and keen to do the same. I was just talking to a guy about getting a lift kit out of the states and he remarked it prob won't work as my truck is an Aussie assembled.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:31 PM
craig_b
New User
Originally Posted by Hussie
Hey Craig I'm also in nz and wondering how you got on with your 4" lift. I've got a 77 f100 and keen to do the same. I was just talking to a guy about getting a lift kit out of the states and he remarked it prob won't work as my truck is an Aussie assembled.
hey man, i had no luck. seemed people wernt interested as i wanted specs that i would require for cert, pretty much i gave up as i blew the motor up so spent time rebuilding that. what part of the country are you? and show us some picks of ya truck

Old 04-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Hussie
New User
Yeah I hear ya. I'm in Auckland and just brought my 77 Aus assembled. It needs a few things done to it. So at the mo doing some research on it. I'm gonna get an American manual and hope that helps, as I don't think I will find a manual for the Aus assembled. At the moment it's failing it's wof on play in the steering column where it goes through the firewall. I understand the steering column is actually a falcon unit. So that shouldn't be to hard. I did inquire about a lift kit out of the states. But I've been told that they may not work in the Aus assembled. I'm really unsure why, as the suspension is the same. Maybe just the pitman arm being on the other side. But I also wonder if the pitman arm would even need to be changed as I'm only gonna lift it 4". So where abouts are you? Sorry to hear about the engine detonation. Have you got any spares? I'm looking for a bumper as well as a bench seat? I'm also interested in swapping out my manual box for an auto.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Hussie
New User
Also I'm not sure how to upload pics

Old 04-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Hussie
New User
Old 04-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Hussie
New User
Figured it

Old 04-05-2016, 08:05 AM
axidjw
Elder User
^--thats a good looking truck my friend!!

Old 04-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Hussie
New User
Cheers. It's gonna get a quick overhaul to make it into a daily driver

Old 04-08-2016, 06:00 PM
craig_b
New User
Originally Posted by Hussie
Yeah I hear ya. I'm in Auckland and just brought my 77 Aus assembled. It needs a few things done to it. So at the mo doing some research on it. I'm gonna get an American manual and hope that helps, as I don't think I will find a manual for the Aus assembled. At the moment it's failing it's wof on play in the steering column where it goes through the firewall. I understand the steering column is actually a falcon unit. So that shouldn't be to hard. I did inquire about a lift kit out of the states. But I've been told that they may not work in the Aus assembled. I'm really unsure why, as the suspension is the same. Maybe just the pitman arm being on the other side. But I also wonder if the pitman arm would even need to be changed as I'm only gonna lift it 4". So where abouts are you? Sorry to hear about the engine detonation. Have you got any spares? I'm looking for a bumper as well as a bench seat? I'm also interested in swapping out my manual box for an auto.

nice truck man i seen that forsale looks like you picked it up cheap, hopefully it doesn't need much for a wof, are you getting rid of the bull bars ? im down in Dunedin and no spares at my end.

Quick Reply: 78 F100 lift kit recomendations please